Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
    "Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise"

Right ok for what exactly atm? We haven't made
    it to a prelim final or GF or won the whole thing.

The 1 from 20 stat isn't something to praise about.

Is our bar that low we must give praise when we start playing decent footy & beat the teams we really should anyway with the team we have.

Those standards are already part & parcel of Melbourne & Penrith the last 5yrs.

We seem to be in a time loop of the mid to late 90's where we made the finals but were not a serious threat & really just made up the numbers until change happened.
    Gees too much of this our and we, especially when you don't lace a boot up for the Roosters or have any say on signings , re-signings or who the coaches are.

It's your opinion only and we all know you don't rate Coach Robinson from previous posts.

Build a Bridge Time

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post
      I’m all for celebrating our past grand final wins and I do think Robbo is a really good coach, probably the best we’ve had, but FFS can we start living in the present. We have a team that is pretty hot and cold, usually ill-disciplined and missing depth in key positions. Our recruitment at times has been baffling.
      You're spot on, we are living in the past and the great 2018 and 2019 that Robbo gave us, our record in the 2020s for finals footy is 2 wins and 5 losses, the 2 wins we've had have not been decisive, we beat the Sharks and Titans both by a point, hardly anything to be proud of.

I rate Robbo but it seems that when a big game occurs we are rarely up for it. The 1 in 20, the finals games, the infamous game against Souths where our players lost control and wanted to fight more than play and there are more examples. Another failed season this year would have to lead to questions being asked surely.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Are you taking into account the injuries and suspensions though - As I posted previous the Roosters had the most games missed by their best 17 than other teams did that played finals over that period

Do you actually look at the injury and suspension list to see who is missing ?

2023 Semi Final vs Storm for instance - missing Manu / Watson/ JWH/Toops/Suaalii/ Billy Smith.

Doubt many on here gave them even the slightest chance of winning - lost on the last play

The team that night was
        1. Tedesco
        2. Pauga
        3. Momirovski
        4. Allan
        5. Paulo
        6. Keary
        7. Walker
        8. Collins
        9. Brandon Smith
        10. Egan Butcher
        11. Wong
        12. Nat Butcher
        13. Radley
        14. Baker
        15. Sandon Smith
        16. May
        17. Crichton

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premier...rm-v-roosters/
        Over the years we have done well despite injuries but regardless of roster our style of play concedes way too many errors which we may get away with against the lower teams but when it comes to the better sides we get beaten. Consult stats like the 19-1 and that we have lost against all top 8 teams this year and only beaten 1 of them. These are damning stats and speak volumes that we have not fixed our discipline enough to worry the better sides. We need to find the balance between high risk play and when to grind a win.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by MKCS View Post

You're spot on, we are living in the past and the great 2018 and 2019 that Robbo gave us, our record in the 2020s for finals footy is 2 wins and 5 losses, the 2 wins we've had have not been decisive, we beat the Sharks and Titans both by a point, hardly anything to be proud of.

I rate Robbo but it seems that when a big game occurs we are rarely up for it. The 1 in 20, the finals games, the infamous game against Souths where our players lost control and wanted to fight more than play and there are more examples. Another failed season this year would have to lead to questions being asked surely.
          Definitely. Our poor discipline has let us down time and again.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Sorry if I’m drawing a long bow correlation but I still maintain we lost our aura under Robbo and the veil came down with the 60-8 all those years ago. I think it showed everyone that we had elements of our game that could be exploited and how we really struggle when the momentum goes against us.

Couple in the stupid 6 again rule, which Robbo has probably even by his own admission, only adjusted his coaching to this season. I’m not panicking after the Storm loss as we weren’t at full strength and I feel it was more some poor individuals than a poor team effort.

It is a truly awful statistic to be 1 from 20 against the Top 2 but statistics and records don’t tell the full story and they almost never last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
              Sorry if I’m drawing a long bow correlation but I still maintain we lost our aura under Robbo and the veil came down with the 60-8 all those years ago. I think it showed everyone that we had elements of our game that could be exploited and how we really struggle when the momentum goes against us.

Couple in the stupid 6 again rule, which Robbo has probably even by his own admission, only adjusted his coaching to this season. I’m not panicking after the Storm loss as we weren’t at full strength and I feel it was more some poor individuals than a poor team effort.

It is a truly awful statistic to be 1 from 20 against the Top 2 but statistics and records don’t tell the full story and they almost never last forever.
              that 60 8 was in a dead rubber game. maybe it hurt cos it was souths but the next week we played the panthers at penrith in the first week of the semis and lost by just a point

Comment

Gees too much of this our and we, especially when you don't lace a boot up for the Roosters or have any say on signings , re-signings or who the coaches are.

It's your opinion only and we all know you don't rate Coach Robinson from previous posts.

Build a Bridge Time
                What on earth are you talking about.

Clean yourself up, your dribbling all over yourself.

I've previously stated i love & respect what Robbo has done in those first 7yrs.

Guess what..your opinion is just yours also & who the hell says your 100% right.

You still cant answer the question without referring to other teams - why can't Robbo improve on his 1 from 20 crap record.

You really set a low bar & seem happy with it.

Comment

Build a Bridge Time
                  Would you like me to call them the Roosters & him coach Robinson when I refer to them.

Fancy having an opinion on a public forum.

Dribble away.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Would you like me to call them the Roosters & him coach Robinson when I refer to them.

Fancy having an opinion on a public forum.

Dribble away.
                    Most would prefer you to get behind them win, lose, or draw instead of starting negative posts after a loss. The negative nellies are always conspicuous by their absence after a win, as there is nothing they can fault.

Opinions are one thing, but repeating the opinion ad nauseam is another. Les/Marty/Waterboy for an example, and you do support what he posts but it does become rather monotonous to hear the same things . I give him credit though as at least he likes MLB which is the toughest sporting competition in the world to be World Series Champions in.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Most would prefer you to get behind them win, lose, or draw instead of starting negative posts after a loss. The negative nellies are always conspicuous by their absence after a win, as there is nothing they can fault.

Opinions are one thing, but repeating the opinion ad nauseam is another. Les/Marty/Waterboy for an example, and you do support what he posts but it does become rather monotonous to hear the same things . I give him credit though as at least he likes MLB which is the toughest sporting competition in the world to be World Series Champions in.

So what you are saying is no matter what happens we are to support the decisions that management make .Even if the decision cost us and yes I said us games or even GF .We are to support the players even if they in theory do criminal acts and not voice our distaine for there behaviour. Mate most of us support the team not the manager .Players come and go as do coaches but Roosters will always be .

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I don't mind a bit of baseball. Years back a friend took me to watch the Canberra Cavs which I enjoyed..baseball is definitely better watching live.

In response to opinions - do you ever think your one-sided opinions & constant defence of Robbo isn't monotonous?

Support is one thing but refusing to take the Robbo blinkers off when its needed is one-sided as it gets.

He isn't doing charity work as head coach. Would you like the question about his 1 from 20 record to just disappear without criticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

that 60 8 was in a dead rubber game. maybe it hurt cos it was souths but the next week we played the panthers at penrith in the first week of the semis and lost by just a point
                          Yeah in my opinion whilst the result in isolation technically didn’t cost us that much given we’d already sewn up Top 4 at that stage, I think it had long term ramifications on our confidence and how teams approached games against us.

We did go out in straight sets rather meekly with the home loss to Canberra that year. Maybe I’m drawing a long bow as I said but it seems like since that night we haven’t been truly confident as a competition heavyweight and can’t string great performances together for more than 3 or 4 games at a time.

In fact I think we did so well the following year (2021), because we were so decimated by injuries that nobody had us as competition heavyweights and we did well to string together some amazing performances based off effort rather than polish to finish a bees dik outside the Top 4 with a NSW cup squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                            Yep fully agree.

BUT until we beat Riff and Mexico, there's still a bit of a flat track bully vibe.

Still, our play in the wet and torrential rain has improved out of sight this year.
                            I agree I think this is Robinson,s greatest challenge as we will have to beat both of them to win but 1 in 20 wins is ordinary as most times we are not in the contest we need to severe discipline the tops sides have in order to frustrate them into errors and I hope I am wrong but cannot see the proper discipline too many infringements regardless of the ref so we are doing something wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

So what you are saying is no matter what happens we are to support the decisions that management make .Even if the decision cost us and yes I said us games or even GF .We are to support the players even if they in theory do criminal acts and not voice our distaine for there behaviour. Mate most of us support the team not the manager .Players come and go as do coaches but Roosters will always be .
                              I always have the attitude that I was here a long time before the players and staff and I’ll be here a long time after they leave.

Comment

• We will win the comp this year.
                                zero doubt
                                Last week was just a bump in the road to glory

Comment

Working...
                                X