No announcement yet.

NRL Round 18 Judiciary Update: JWH Decision Made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tend to agree that JWH could be a liability at times. I feel somewhat more at ease when he’s not playing because he also gives away too many penalties.

like everything, there’s always pros and cons. JWH is great in his own rights, but he’s not immune to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
      Corey Horse brah got 3 weeks for punching and headbutting an opponent
      The punishments rarely make sense. Latrell Mitchell dog shotting Joseph Manu and caving his face in got 6 weeks but Spencer Leniu uses hateful language in a game and gets 8 weeks. I'm not in favour of what Leniu said at all but surely dog shotting an opposition player and causing a relatively serious injury is worth more than Leniu saying something grubby.

Comment

This decision is further proof that there is absolutely no consistency from on field rulings to the MRC to the Judiciary. They claim its black and white, but in practice every decision made is a lottery.
        JWH's "careless" high tackle barely warranted a penalty let alone a 4 match suspension. The player was officated, not the rule.

Comment

Corrupt bastards.
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            This decision is further proof that there is absolutely no consistency from on field rulings to the MRC to the Judiciary. They claim its black and white, but in practice every decision made is a lottery.
            JWH's "careless" high tackle barely warranted a penalty let alone a 4 match suspension. The player was officated, not the rule.
            To be fair, the length of this suspension is partly due to it being his 3rd similar offense this season, not just the over-grading.

Comment

They aren't taking all big hits out of the game or are they? After every kick off after a try a forward runs full steam into opposing forwards....and no penalties...and the crowd love that about the nrl...take the big hits out and the game loses something significant of the theatre. Targeting jwh for a penalty here was just plain wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Give me other legends like Cordner, Friend Aubo, Ricko & Mini over JWH any day.

They could stay on the field.

Their careers were affected by injury.

JWH's carrer largely affected by suspension.

Relax I love him but stand by the fact he was a selfish player compared to the others.

I'm sure you can work that out.

Not sure of your age, so you may be a bit young to remember this. Got suspended for 3 weeks.

Ultimately, may have cost us the grand final in 2004

Comment

not good. jwh misses 4 games of the maximum 11 we've got left this year.
                  not speaking from personal experience but what do they say about herpes? once you get it you don't have to worry about getting it? at least we know he won't get injured or have a season ending suspension in the next 4 rounds.
                  the boys need to channel what they did when he was in the sin bin on the weekend - everyone needs to lift

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

To be fair, the length of this suspension is partly due to it being his 3rd similar offense this season, not just the over-grading.
                    I get that. My point is more that the incident itself didn't warrant a suspension. If he wasn't placed on report or the MRC didn't pick it up then he wouldn't have been suspended at all. Many other tackles occur each game that are much worse that go unnoticed and unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Not sure of your age, so you may be a bit young to remember this. Got suspended for 3 weeks.

Ultimately, may have cost us the grand final in 2004
                      Hehe

No I remember that very well...also remember his dodgy hammy saga in another GF.

But I think we're stretching it to suggest Ricko cost us anything in 04.

That was Chris bloody Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Hehe

No I remember that very well...also remember his dodgy hammy saga in another GF.

But I think we're stretching it to suggest Ricko cost us anything in 04.

That was Chris bloody Walker.
                        Be nice if his nephew could get one back for us v dogs 20yrs later

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                          not good. jwh misses 4 games of the maximum 11 we've got left this year.
                          not speaking from personal experience but what do they say about herpes? once you get it you don't have to worry about getting it? at least we know he won't get injured or have a season ending suspension in the next 4 rounds.
                          the boys need to channel what they did when he was in the sin bin on the weekend - everyone needs to lift
                          Thankfully we have good depth to cover this season, with probably Whyte to step up.
                          This will give JWH a chance to rest and recover from any niggles and Whyte a chance for some game time.

My wish is to have a full strength team fit and firing for the entire finals campaign.
                          If this happens, then we can dare to dream!!

Comment

Working...
                          X