No announcement yet.

The Judiciary System is an embarrassment to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So DCE gets no charge from the SOO3 melee,Reece gets nothing from kicking to the head, and JWH has his 4 weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
      So DCE gets no charge from the SOO3 melee,Reece gets nothing from kicking to the head, and JWH has his 4 weeks....
      When it happened, my wife said JWH would have been sent off for what Cherry Evans did...but he won't be touched because of who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
        Wasn't DCE penalised for tackling Luai without the ball? (A call I thought we were lucky with as it was a knock-on and Luai seemed to intentionally shove himself into DCE rather than go for the ball). It was then some other dude who came in and got sin-binned for running in to shove Luai.

Agreed it's BS though. I saw LOTS of high contact that was just ignored. Sua'ali'u, Pauga or JWH though? Thank you for playing... here's a ridiculously long suspension for accidental high contact.

The crackdown's a joke.

Somebody should say the name Ethan Lowe. Problem?

- He's suing for $1m (not that much) and it's due to a crusher tackle causing some sorta paralysis.

- The NRL's insurer refused to pay the $1m because he's been videoed jet skiing and dancing to Time Warp with his wife. He also kept playing after the injury. The Federal Court backed the insurer.

- A crackdown wouldn't have prevented this situation. Also it's not US style mega-litigation. It's an individual claiming a relatively small amount of money (which he might not even get!!!) Whereas US-style mega litigation would involve thousands of Souffs fans jamming in with claims they'd suffered $10m each worth of emotional trauma over the injury. Australia's system doesn't work like that...

Comment

Listening to the radio this morning, 2 AFL players have just had their suspensions overturned or reduced after challenging their judiciary rulings at the "AFL Appeals Board". Now, why doesn't the NRL have an avenue to appeal? Surely no one body can be considered to be above making any kind of error? Short of using the Court of Arbitration for Sport, there is no way an NRL player can dispute the fairness of a ruling by the NRL judiciary. And there would be no point using the CoAfS in most cases as the process is so long as to be of no use.

It's ludicrous that there is no body within the NRL's setup to appeal to in cases of stupid decisions.
          Last edited by Waylander; 07-19-2024, 12:23 PM. Reason: Edit: Corrected name of AFL Appeals Board

Comment

Why does the NRL have a silk advocating for the charges put forward by the MRC in an adversarial manner rather than the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayes Magic View Post
              Why does the NRL have a silk advocating for the charges put forward by the MRC in an adversarial manner rather than the truth?
              Adversarial is the word! It makes no sense that the NRL sees ridiculous punishments as the answer to this!
              The NRL should be doing whatever it can to have the best players playing every minute of every week, not doing what it can to rub players out for games or sin bins!
              They are marketing a product, then weakening it!
              How many casual viewers would have tuned in to watch origin 1, only to see it ruined by having a player sent off!
              (hard not to justify that I guess) but the sin bins etc are too much and a reason I don’t go to as many games anymore! Why pay to see it ruined by over zealous officials!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                IMO it's important to remember that it's not a court or a legal process, although they use terms such as 'charges', 'judiciary', 'duty of care', 'plead', 'guilty' and 'fine'.

It's an internal disciplinary process with no such statutory powers that for whatever reason grandstands as though it's a court.

As I noted in another thread, it's like challenging your uni grades through 'the process' (i.e. telling the lecturer they farked up... then telling the head of school that a lecturer who they probably hired/endorsed did a shyte job). It's not there to test the law... it's there to hand out punishments to staff who (essentially) their internal investigations team have already decided to have broken the rules.

---

Heck... reminds me of a shyte situation where a colleague (oooold old job) died (and had a brother working with him who was my housemate + close friend). This random, full hectic lebbo chick (who was shagging all the bosses - she was like 50 but had a boob job and lotsa cosmetic surgery so was 'appealing' to various bosses) suddenly became interested in the guy so asked me for his brother's contact details and their family address. At that point the dude (my housemate) wasn't even responding to my calls/messages so I was like 'no - I think he needs some space and you can talk to him when he's back from personal leave'.

She took it personally and started sending me heaps of inflammatory messages on our internal chat system + doing heaps of divisive shyte to undermine me behind my back (she was pretty junior but again, was in bed with various bosses). I filed an internal complaint about her. HR admitted her behaviour was pretty farked but managers refused to discipline her and HR were ultimately like 'the best solution is for you to move to a different area and have no further contact with her.

It was a shyte resolution that had no legal underpinning. However it was the easiest for the organisation as all the relevant managers refused to pickup the phone to me or respond to my e-mails (HR asked me to contact them, noting that managers would possess the skills/nous to handle such sensitivities - yeah nah - not when they're sleeping with her).

I COULD have taken it further and sought legal advice. However, it was easiest to just take the fix (resulted in me getting transferred to the legal area with an agreement that my law degree would be fully funded) so that was more valuable to me than seeing some random Lebbo chick get taken down.

That's the NRL's judiciary for you though. Think easiest solution for the organisation... NOT a legal fact finding process.
                You had morals, she didn't. You can look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. She probably looks like something death puked up after a Meth bender.

Comment

Working...
                X