2010 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 team

Do you guys/girls think this would be a great side next year?

1. Minichiello
    2. Towers
    3. Perrett
    4. Williamson
    5. Kenny-dowall
    6. Carney
    7. Pearce
    8. Myles
    9. Friend
    10. Paea
    11. Mason
    12. Cordner
    13. Anasta ©

14. Nuuasala
    15. Warea-Hargreaves
    16. Symonds/Jones
    17. Cherrington/Sa/Aubusson

But where would you guys have Jones, Sa and Aubusson i cant seem to find any room for them and i would love Jones to be in the starting side.

Good luck Brian Smith

Originally posted by johnorooster View Post
    Do you guys/girls think this would be a great side next year?

1. Minichiello
    2. Towers
    3. Perrett
    4. Williamson
    5. Kenny-dowall
    6. Carney
    7. Pearce
    8. Myles
    9. Friend
    10. Paea
    11. Mason
    12. Cordner
    13. Anasta ©

14. Nuuasala
    15. Warea-Hargreaves
    16. Symonds/Jones
    17. Cherrington/Sa/Aubusson

But where would you guys have Jones, Sa and Aubusson i cant seem to find any room for them and i would love Jones to be in the starting side.

Good luck Brian Smith
    1. Unconfirmed
    2. Turned 17 a month ago

Alright team, but I wouldn't play Towers as a winger and I don't think Williamson has proved himself to be a first grader yet

Comment

tha side looks good, but a couple of changes i would make.

Cordner, doesn't need to be selected now. Boyd is only 16 and his brother is probably not much older. this is their first year in hi level football, give him most of next season, work on their skills, under smith they will grow.

i would put cherrington in at 12,

you pointed out one delema in where to put Jones.............but where do you put Jaubs when he comes back????????????

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by JJ09 View Post
        1. Unconfirmed
        2. Turned 17 a month ago

Alright team, but I wouldn't play Towers as a winger and I don't think Williamson has proved himself to be a first grader yet
        WILLIAMSON IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PLAYER SMITH LIKES BIG, FAST , VERY STRONG AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CAN BE COACHED . We will see him in first grade before seasons end. He gets back from suspension week after next so still time for him this season. He has only played 6 games all year and has still managed to score in every game i think even though he has never been any where near match fit.

Comment

Wats williamsons 1st name

Comment

Originally posted by tricolourchook View Post
            Wats williamsons 1st name
            Ryan is his name

Comment

I agree. Williamson was the best and i mean best back when he played Aust schoolboys a couple of years ago in a backline that included mortimer of parra and crocker of canberra he was scoring hatricks and killing it. He has it all and is going to be very good in first grade. My side:
              1. Towers
              2. SKD
              3. Pez
              4. Williamson
              5. Mini
              6. Carney
              7. Pearce
              8. Myles
              9. Friend
              10. FPN
              11. Mase
              12. Symonds
              13. Jaubs

14. Paea
              15. Maubs
              16. Cherro
              17. Jones

Thats my ideal team. Yes there is no braith. I cant find a spot for him as hard as it is to say. I think jaubs is hilder jnr and will play a similar role under smithy. I think the extra speed and zip around the ruck that friend at hooker and jaubs at lock will give will be imperative. Bring jones off the bench into the hooking role with his speed, skills and strong defence as well as his versatility making him the ideal utility. The backline imo looks the best like this. I think we need towers at the back as he has it all. Goal kicking, playmaking, skills and speed. I think pez needs to try and play centre. When he played centre in the past he ran good lines at holes and was a good link player however defensively, wasnt quite there. If he can get that part of his game right in the offseason then i think he is a good option.

what i think we need to get in terms of recruits would be getting rid of mase and looking at a trent waterhouse who brings the experience and workrate without such a big price tag. A new prop i think is important to. This sam burgess bloke is my first choice but i will maintain that matt scott is the one bargain prop that would be more than handy. If we were to get scott then move maubs into lock, scott onto the bench and have jaubs and jones jostling for the utility spot.

I have gone out on a limb with my side but i think it has the balance to cut it. I think waterhouse aside if we can still get scott or burgess for 2010 to slide onto the interchange or start i think that would be the final peice of the puzzle

Comment

I BELIEVE THIS IS THE BEST TEAM WE CAN FIELD FOR THE 2010 SEASON SUPPOSING EVERYONE IS FULLY FIT.

1. A. Minichiello
                2. S. Perret
                3. R. Williamson / M. Aubusson
                4. T. Symonds
                5. S.K. Dowall
                6. T. Carney [GK]
                7. M. Pearce
                8. F.P. Nuuuasala
                9. C. Wing / J. Aubusson
                10. L. Paea
                11. W. Mason
                12. N. Myles
                13. B. Anasta ©

14. A. Cherrington
                15. D. Conn
                16. Stanley Waqa
                17. B. Jones

Coach. Brian Smith
                Last edited by tricolourchook; 07-20-2009, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Do we have a strong possibility of signing Carney?

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren View Post
                    Do we have a strong possibility of signing Carney?
                    as of now.. it looks like we're the one and only club that keeps pursuing him

so most likely

Comment

I think Brian Smith will be good for Carney, carney has had a big change and a big shock to his life and lively hood, if he comes to sydney, he will be subject to alot of scrutiny.

As we have all said in other posts, Smith is no nonsense, he will let Carney know that he has to work hard to stay on the straight and narrow and also offer the assistance to do it.

That is ofcourse if todd carney signs

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Smith will definitely not be one of their drinking buddies.

Comment

1. Towers
                          2. Perret
                          3. Symonds
                          4. Williamson
                          5. Mini
                          6. Carney
                          7. Pearce
                          8. Myles
                          9. Friend
                          10. Hargreaves
                          11. Mason
                          12. Maubs
                          13. Anasta (C)

14. Paea
                          15. FPN
                          16. Cherro
                          17. Jones

Sa/Jaubs/Conn/Wing(?)/Graham(?)

Symonds/Williamson in the centres could be a lethal combo.

If we don't get Carney, I hope they give Towers a shot at 5/8. I hope Freddie gives him a go before the end of the year.

Sorry I can't have SKD in the side and I doubt Smith would either.

I can't believe some left out Friend. At 19, he has an enormous amount of potential. He could be anything in 2 or 3 years.

M. KING??? Where did you get that from?

Comment

Symonds showed today he is a centre, if he gets good ball out there he will calve every1 up.

Comment

The question about the 2010 team should be....

Who will be left standing when Smith puts the broom though. A lot of those names wont be there if Smith has his way.
                              Last edited by melon....; 07-20-2009, 09:27 AM.
                              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X