2010 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footy View Post
    I don't necessarily think we'll leak that many points with that backrow. It's just about attitude and I think Smith will address that with the players. He tends to get the best out of players who don't perform to their reputation and I think he can do that with our current bunch. I really hope Mason doesn't leave, I have a feeling the bloke is turning the corner, his getting married and that will hopefully settle him down and get him playing career-best football. It's all about attitude and maturity. The players have proven themselves before, so it's not like they are not any good. 90% mental, 10% physical is a saying that comes to mind.

On Boyd Cordner, let him play out the entire season in NYC next season. He has the whole world at his feet and WILL DEFINITELY BE A FUTURE INTERNATIONAL. We just need to keep him under wraps and not expose too much to him at a young age. Let him develop a bit more, put on a bit more size, and then unleash him in 2011, and he will reach the top of the game within a couple of years.
    Oh dear you don't get it
    Who is going to do all the tackling in that pack?
    Friend will have to make 80 tackles and Myles 60 tackles because Anasta, Sa, Mason and FPN have poor defensive workrates most of the time.

Comment

Mason, Myles and Sa don't have to make 40 tackles a game because Fitzgibbon does do a lot of it for them. But as he is not there they are going to have to.. just because there "stats" dont show they make a lot of tackles does not mean they cannot do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ09 View Post
        Mason, Myles and Sa don't have to make 40 tackles a game because Fitzgibbon does do a lot of it for them. But as he is not there they are going to have to.. just because there "stats" dont show they make a lot of tackles does not mean they cannot do the job.
        exactly, i mean in a way, whoever is run at will make the tackle. Its not like you choose whether or not you are going to make 20 or 40 tackles. It depends on how involved you get. It will be an issue initially and thats why im keen to see maubs or jaubs at lock with braith and mase on the edges so that blokes with a worker ethic are in there as well as providing a bit of skill and speed around the ruck for us. If not, they will adjust after a few rounds and get used to it. I just hope it doesnt detract from the rest of their games

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
          exactly, i mean in a way, whoever is run at will make the tackle. Its not like you choose whether or not you are going to make 20 or 40 tackles. It depends on how involved you get. It will be an issue initially and thats why im keen to see maubs or jaubs at lock with braith and mase on the edges so that blokes with a worker ethic are in there as well as providing a bit of skill and speed around the ruck for us. If not, they will adjust after a few rounds and get used to it. I just hope it doesnt detract from the rest of their games
          Exactly. It's not like there are blokes who are told not to tackle at all and just concentrate on attacking.

Comment

Working...
          X