Perrett brothers being sold as a package deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perrett brothers being sold as a package deal

looks like if we want to keep Llyod Perrett we are going to have to re-sign older brother Sam as well

for those who haven't been following our SG Ball side Llyod is an absolute freak of a front rower who recently scored 5 tries in a match and is certainly one of our most talented juniors below NYC level.

I was wondering why he hadn't been promoted to NYC yet, but news that he is not contracted past this year is likely the reason, no point accelerating his development if he is not going to be around next year.

it seems a bit strange that we haven't signed Sammy yet, maybe a lot hinges on whether we can actually tie down SBW for 2013 and beyond.

what's this about the perretts as a package deal?

Comment

their manager is only asking for offers from clubs that are interested in them as a package deal.

Comment

even if lloyd is a freak etc, as sad as this is, I think in the long run we would benefit more anyway by getting rid of both of them and installing a gun winger instead. We have a wealth of depth in our frontrow currently and that doesnt include guys like tago, napa, evans and even togitasa and ofaghue (spelling??) from the sg ball side. Although it would be a shame, the benefits of getting rid of sam outweight the costs of losing his brother, an 18 year old who is killing it in the sg ball imo

Comment

He has been told to look else where
          Im for him and not for him
          Good bloke good club man
          Does his best has slackened off this year and worst part for a winger he has scored only 44 tries in 7 seasons not a great wingers record .
          Im 50/50 on him ...but
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I think if we were to let sammy go there would need to be a solid option which we dont have right now let alone depth in the wing. it all comes down to what he is asking.
            " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

I'm in two minds too. I'm not sure he's a winger for the modern day game. On the other hand he is a fantastic club man, is great out of dummy half, and really we don't have great depth in the wings anyway so would it hurt to keep him for another 2 years? Once Moga gets settled in the centres, he may get better service on the wing and greater try-scoring opportunities?

Comment

Thanks Sam, and good luck at your next club.
                Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                  their manager is only asking for offers from clubs that are interested in them as a package deal.
                  How is that representing the best interests of Lloyd? Who is their Manager anyway? Sounds a bit unethical.

Comment

It's actually a lower form of blackmail.
                    You can have "this' but you have to also pay for "that".

Smacks of Codeine ethics, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
                      How is that representing the best interests of Lloyd? Who is their Manager anyway? Sounds a bit unethical.
                      obviously the brothers have asked to play at the same club if possible, if anything most clubs would be more interested in Lloyd than Sam given that he probably has more upside from here.

Comment

Much like Fingerbang Stewart and brother Mongo being a package deal, thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                          obviously the brothers have asked to play at the same club if possible, if anything most clubs would be more interested in Lloyd than Sam given that he probably has more upside from here.
                          That's what I mean, if Easts want to keep Lloyd we have to sign Sam too, if we don't want Sam then Lloyd misses out, how is that doing the best deal for Lloyd which is his sworn duty (well maybe not sworn, but it is his duty!)?

Comment

I think this confirms that Sammy isn't in our plans. It'll be sad to see him go.

Comment

He is probably a really nice bloke...
                              Enough of this farking nice bloke stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X