Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearce and mortimer in the halves!

Could be a possibility this week,just saw this in the paper

"There is a chance Anasta could be switched to the back row for the clash with Smith understood to be considering partnering Daniel Mortimer alongside Pearce in the halves.

I really hope this happens,although Bwaiff in the backrow doesnt appeal to me either...

If true It meanms Crapasta is on borrowed time Smith wont tolerate his pea hearted performances in the forwards for too long
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Bloody good news if true and kudos to Smith.

The more time Anasta spends on the bench the better.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
        Bloody good news if true and kudos to Smith.

The more time Anasta spends on the bench the better.

Chook.
        Who do we drop to keep him in FG, Arona who is just starting to hit form, Cordner or Guerra WHO
        Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

Hopefully they just drop anasta

Comment

Whatever needs to be done to get him out of the 6 jersey..

We can worry about the rest later

Comment

Originally posted by Jollyjock View Post
              Who do we drop to keep him in FG, Arona who is just starting to hit form, Cordner or Guerra WHO
              None if I had the choice, I'd drop Anasta to the Centrelink que. But yes I'd drop Arona to Newtown till Anasta's hammy/groin/back/heart injury sidelines him indefinately.

Chook.

Comment

Yay!! Five man forward pack! I bet our halves will do great behind that...Anasta and Maubs playing 80 mins in the backrow, we will get lapped. There's a few short memories around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                  Yay!! Five man forward pack! I bet our halves will do great behind that...Anasta and Maubs playing 80 mins in the backrow, we will get lapped. There's a few short memories around here.
                  Yak I think people see it as a step in the right direction. If Mortimor can hold down a place in the starting team, Anasta will struggle in the forwards and play fewer minutes. It may take a few weeks but I would rather that than have Anasta in the halves.

Comment

We can only wait until tomorrow to find out .... Ill be there!!!!

Up the choooks

Comment

Really not suprising considering Anasta's form lately,it's better Smithy trying this now before we are no chance of making the 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
                        Yak I think people see it as a step in the right direction. If Mortimor can hold down a place in the starting team, Anasta will struggle in the forwards and play fewer minutes. It may take a few weeks but I would rather that than have Anasta in the halves.
                        I'm all for him playing less minutes but it's the effect this has on the halves that worries me. Mortimer's game requires good go forward and offloading past the advantage line. Anasta being camped out on the left means Guerra and Taka will not get much of a run and our offloads will dry up real quick. This will affect Pearce's game too. He was killing behind a proper forward pack and a 4-forward bench. Now if Anasta goes to 11 chances are we won't play 4 forwards on the bench and he'll play 80 for the first few weeks at least. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see Morts in the team but Anasta and maubs both playing 80 in the forwards throws out our balance so much the very idea is ludicrous imo.

I can just see it now, Mortimer fails to make any impact and he'll be crucified on here. I'm sorry but the only answer that translates into the Roosters actually winning games is Anasta is sent packing early, not to Newtown, to the Whitsundays to play a few rounds. Our best bet for the rest of the year would be to have him playing a halfback role feeding to Pearce when on the left as he did in the Anzac Day game. Pearce is fit enough to cover both sides of the field and has enough authority to demand the ball when he wants it which will hopefully means less of these useless blind side raids.

Comment

Pearce carried Anasta for the first 11 rounds now its the forward packs turn. Hopefully it doesn't have as big an impact as we're all expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                            What 2010???

Didn't you watch???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

baby steps. anasta was never gonna be dropped straight to newotwn like many had hoped for. it is a profession like anything else and smith was gonna have to be diplomatic. alot of ppl were gonna be upset if anast was dropped (nick, certain players and some fans) and smith managed it carefully and the lack of effort from anasta justified demotion from his favoured position. from forward pack he will probably be even less effective (if possible) and will justify substitutions for other backrowers. he is slowly being eased out of any influence on the team. better late than never and some times you have to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X