No announcement yet.

Pearce and mortimer in the halves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great move. I would LOVE to see Anasta in the 2nd row............................................... ....2nd row of the grandstand , that is...

Comment

This would be a pleasant surprise if true. God knows it should have happened many rounds ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FAZ View Post
        Great move. I would LOVE to see Anasta in the 2nd row............................................... ....2nd row of the grandstand , that is...
        I'd at least like to see the security of his position questioned.

That said, he isn't some dirtbag with attitude problems. He's a decent leader and from what I've heard has the support of the boys.

Problem? He's just not that creative with the football, and his skills can be questionable (e.g arguably lost us te Warriors game due to his inability to kick.)

---

IMO it's a tough one because unlike say Jennings or Lewis, he isn't an amazing player with attitude problems. He's a bloody ordinary player with a good attitude. Would repremanding him do anything? Probably not... and his experience is valuable out there IMO. He has a nice cool head and blokes can rely on his decisions (e.g. he might miss his goals and fail to find touch...etc but he'll generally make decent decisions.)

K quote that and say "no he doesn't" or "lol you know jack sh!t about footy"... my auto reply to that is "fark off..."

Comment

Originally posted by troyh65 View Post
          This would be a pleasant surprise if true. God knows it should have happened many rounds ago.
          I hope that it is not the undoing of Smith.
          It's obvious, to me, he has been enduring our captain waaay longer than he wanted.
          If this Pearce/Morts deal goes really bad then you will see the knives come out for Smith.

That isn't a cue for you to start, fred.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
            I hope that it is not the undoing of Smith.
            It's obvious, to me, he has been enduring our captain waaay longer than he wanted.
            If this Pearce/Morts deal goes really bad then you will see the knives come out for Smith.

That isn't a cue for you to start, fred.
            Don't worry, smith has already been undone by own stupidity much earlier than now

Comment

If true, Bulldogs will be scheming to run their forwards at Mort all night, most opposition coaches see Morts as a speed hump in defence and will challenge him on every occasion.

Comment

rumour looks to be gaining some momentum.... and god, i hope its true

someone on LU posted,

Just heard from someone at the club about a bit of shuffling to the Roosters lineup: Tagive out, Moga to the wing, Maubs to centre, Braith to backrow, Mortimer to 5/8
                The lightness of the backrow of Anasta moving there would be offset by Maubs moving into the centres. So it balances out more, if true

Comment

Hey chook,, whats LU ?

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                    Could be a possibility this week,just saw this in the paper

"There is a chance Anasta could be switched to the back row for the clash with Smith understood to be considering partnering Daniel Mortimer alongside Pearce in the halves.

I really hope this happens,although Bwaiff in the backrow doesnt appeal to me either...
                    If he must be in the team, then in the second row he should be.

If we're to win against the Bulldogs tonite he must get more involved in the game...more tackles and more hit ups/line breaks/runs close to the line for tries or try assists.
                    We need to start winning games or we'll be finishing with the wooden spoon in our hand, again.

If he doesn't play better tonite against the Dogs then he must be dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                      Stsae, yak's point would be that Anasta is playing with no heart. If you think this is going to change when playing in the backrow where he doesn't want to be and is having a sook about the coach then it doesn't look like a positive for the team.
                      It's not about heart mate. To play 1st grade you need heart.

It's about ability, lack of it to be fair.

Bwaiffs never been a cool head, had a lot of pace or much skill. IMO they are the 3 main ingredients good 1/2s need, or at least need to show something leaning towards those traits.

Bwaiff isnt going to be dropped soon from what I've seen. The only chance I see is him being shifted into the back row, to get Mortein in cos he offers some pressure relief at least for Pearce. His pace alone justifies his inclusion, IMO.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's better than what we are doing now. We would all like Bwaiff not in the side, I'm just being realistic cos I can't see him being dropped.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                        If true, Bulldogs will be scheming to run their forwards at Mort all night, most opposition coaches see Morts as a speed hump in defence and will challenge him on every occasion.
                        Mortimer stopped Jason King with a front on tackle about 2 metres from the line last week.

Comment

Working...
                        X