Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness

We can't play 60 let alone 80, Whats going on at training??

exactly. we were the better team for the first 37 minutes of the first half, and then we slumped

Comment

Fitness is about preparation in the pre-season. It's not something you can adjust during the season. I think concentration is a bigger problem, but in this game the Bulldogs second phase play, the strength of their forwards and the speed of the play the ball meant that we had some quite draining defensive work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
        We can't play 60 let alone 80, Whats going on at training??
        I heard that the club did not put an emphasis on fitness training in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
          I heard that the club did not put an emphasis on fitness training in the offseason.
          Pearce was interviewed on the first NRL on fox this year and when asked what they had worked on during the offseason, his response was ad-lib footy and not much on defence/fitness.

Comment

How can we keep pressure on an opposing team with all the stupid things some players do. We're up 12-4 Guerra does that stupid 2nd tackle and JWH gives away another stupid play the ball penalty and suddenly it's 14-12. Stupid, stupid stupid. Then to compound matters we have no where near the same fitness level of the doggies and we get overtaken. Build pressure, no mistakes and you go a long way to winning. We looked good until we released the pressure valve and the superior fitness of the opposition took them to a convincing win.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              Pearce was interviewed on the first NRL on fox this year and when asked what they had worked on during the offseason, his response was ad-lib footy and not much on defence/fitness.
              You would expect that from a pub football side which is exactly how this club is being run atm. Sadly many people cannot see the wood from the trees.

Comment

Mose is definately not fit enough to be in first grade. Kasiano put him to shame.

Comment

To be fair younger players have a smaller fitness base than those who had 5-6 pre-seasons. We are a very young side so fitness issues will pop up every now and then. However I do hope the professionalism of the club increases so that week to week preparation in training, diets, extras is to a high quality. I tend to think we haven't been a professional side since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy14 View Post
                    To be fair younger players have a smaller fitness base than those who had 5-6 pre-seasons. We are a very young side so fitness issues will pop up every now and then. However I do hope the professionalism of the club increases so that week to week preparation in training, diets, extras is to a high quality. I tend to think we haven't been a professional side since 2004.
                    Cindy I like your posts but there is no reason to be fair.. The coach decided not to focus on fitness training in the offseason. He believed fitness can be best attained during matches. Anyone with half a brain knows this has disaster written all over it.. The club is struggling as it has completed failed to put any plans in place over the past 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
                      Mose is definately not fit enough to be in first grade. Kasiano put him to shame.
                      Casiano owned us tonight

Comment

Totally man, we look flat after 20 min, I don't think the boys are fit enough, either that or they just smash it too hard

Comment

Training is very important to improve your stamina and performance.
                          Along with sports training also start some regular exercise and workout plan to maintain your fitness level, body strength, and stamina for your game.

adamprowse fitness
                          Last edited by Trevor033; 12-07-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Keegan ?
                            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                            X