Kiwis already trying to lock in RTS to kiwis not NSW blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwis already trying to lock in RTS to kiwis not NSW blues

Kiwi powerbrokers are moving to lock in the ''next Kasiano'' - gaining the allegiance of the next generation of stars with dual eligibility. They have identified outstanding Roosters fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as a future international they want wearing black. The 19-year-old has represented NZ secondary schools in rugby and was also the standout in the country's schoolboys league team. Tuivasa-Sheck has run the most metres in the National Youth Competition this year and scored a try in his NSW Cup debut for Newtown last week. There are fears he could be poached by the Blues. Under the current rules, he would qualify for NSW once he spent three years in Australia.
    ''For a guy who is new to the game, it's been impressive how quickly he's picked things up,'' Roosters under-20 coach Jason Taylor said. ''He's got really good footwork and he's got a thirst for running the football.''
    Tuivasa-Sheck is being groomed as the long-term replacement for Anthony Minichiello.'
    ''At the moment, I'm staying with New Zealand,'' Tuivasa-Sheck said. ''Playing Origin is every league player's dream. But coming from a Kiwi background, and all the good things that have come from there, I'd like to play for them.''
    In order to make eligibility clearer, Doyle has called for all players to make a definitive call by the time they are 19 or 20. He also wants passport status to comprise the criteria.

The selfish part of me says good, I'd rather he play for NZ than risk injury and doing without him during the Origin period !

Comment

I'm selfish too. One game in the middle of the year (if he makes the grade) is not a high price to pay for having a great player in the side.

Comment

For the sake of the game, i hope he sticks with NZ.

Comment

How is he elegible for NSW??
          Didnt he play his 1st junior football in Otahuhu

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
            How is he elegible for NSW??
            Didnt he play his 1st junior football in Otahuhu
            Residency rule. Once he spends three years in Australia, he would be eligible for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
              Residency rule. Once he spends three years in Australia, he would be eligible for both.
              Who gives a shit about the nsw blues. Only rothfield carries on like it's the only shit that matters.
              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                Who gives a shit about the nsw blues. Only rothfield carries on like it's the only shit that matters.
                i was only explaining the rules mate? im not allowed to do that when a question is asked?

Comment

As long as we sign him long term, the rest means nothing

Comment

Working...
                  X