A team reflects it's coach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A team reflects it's coach...

Every time they've showed Freddy, he looks like he couldn't give a fat rats...

It shows in the team as well..

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
    Every time they've showed Freddy, he looks like he couldn't give a fat rats...

It shows in the team as well..
    Guess I wouldnt give a fat rats If I had been shafted from my job....

Comment

Thats why they should have let him go straight away.
      Surely Smith would have a mate in Sydney to run them through the rest of the year.

Comment

I think what Freddy did at half time said it all really.. and most of you wouldn't be as pedantic and nitt-picky.. but it's just an observation

Freddy was sitting down on the chair and instructing his troops, ok.. no big deal right? but if i was coach of a team that had just leaked the softest of trys, i'd be standing up on top of them giving it to the team. By sitting down.. he was on level ground with them. The players just don't fear the coach right now... not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
          That's why he was shafted. He gave a fat rat's about discipline. If management didn't act, we'd lose sponsors left, right and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post

His results and lack of leadership got him sacked, just like any incompetent employee. He wasn't shafted, he was given a good squad with plenty of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
              he was given a good squad with plenty of talent.
              I like you OMR but you are kidding aren't you?

Comment

His results and lack of leadership got him sacked, just like any incompetent employee. He wasn't shafted, he was given a good squad with plenty of talent.
                What? Which one of these talented additions do you mean:
                J Tansay?
                Sonny Tuiga?
                Sista Wacka?
                Koupa ?

All products of the great one Peter O'Sullivan.

And still no quality centre.

Whilst Freddy is an average coach you can't blame him for the donkeys he has received.

I wonder what excuses will come in this time next yr when we miss the eight yet again. There are more problems in this club than Freddy.
                Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                  There are more problems in this club than Freddy.
                  Sure is..
                  And I have a feeling 2010 will show it..

Comment

but is missing the 8 next year to be considered a failure?

Comment

Originally posted by shunshu View Post
                      but is missing the 8 next year to be considered a failure?

You define success and then we wil have a ruler as to what you measure failure by.

Comment

We wouldn't be stuck with this bunch of underperformers of if the Roosters management had a clue about what players to keep and what players to let go..Freddie stepped into a no-win situation from the start. No coach could perform miracles with this lot..

Comment

well getting back the passion, working on stopping stupid errors, playing for each other, and being competitive right now are a little more important than making the 8. It is gonna be tough to go worse than this year so maybe anything better than now is a success...

but I don't think next year will be a time to make excuses about not making the 8 if some or all of the above are improved. of course freddy is not the only problem at the club, but him and the current coaching staff are one of them, so making a change there is a start. I agree that there are other issues and anybody who believes that bringing in smith is the answer to all of it is already setting themselves up for disappointment. Hopefully, as he seems to have done up at Newcastle, he will be able to guide the younger players and help them make a more confident transition to the top level. That will be better than what is happening now. Sorry, rambling...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                            What? Which one of these talented additions do you mean:
                            J Tansay?
                            Sonny Tuiga?
                            Sista Wacka?
                            Koupa ?

All products of the great one Peter O'Sullivan.

And still no quality centre.

Whilst Freddy is an average coach you can't blame him for the donkeys he has received.

I wonder what excuses will come in this time next yr when we miss the eight yet again. There are more problems in this club than Freddy.
                            Didn't he have the following?

Mini, SKD ( he can play, just badly coached), Perret, Aubs, Anasta, Pearce, Fitz, Paea, O'Meley, Myles, Mason, Shackelton? makes the core of a decent team, they just didn't perform under Fittler.

Comment

Didn't he have the following?

Mini, SKD ( he can play, just badly coached), Perret, Aubs, Anasta, Pearce, Fitz, Paea, O'Meley, Myles, Mason, Shackelton? makes the core of a decent team, they just didn't perform under Fittler.
                              Yes they did. In 2008 they came 4th. This year virtually the same team has done SFA.

They never adjusted to the two refs plus 10 man interchange plus removing the video checks during the game has all made the game much faster.
                              We have looked slow and unfit all year. Most of our tries last year were from kicks yet we have hardly scored any tries off kicks this year but have had very little creativity with attacking plays. Our defensive structure last year was probably the best for the first half of the year, especially on our line. This year we have NFI.

Some say the boys need proper training. So did they forget how to play from one year to the next? It is just all too hard to find reasons where we went so wrong in 12 months. But it does appear that some of the players just haven't put in this year and Freddie couldn't make the tough decisions. Whether that is part of his "no automony" statement is something we will never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X