Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but, Freddie is getting what he deserves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mate Bonetti's service from dummy half was first class. He was also one of the best front on defenders in the game during his time.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      Mate Bonetti's service from dummy half was first class. He was also one of the best front on defenders in the game during his time.

Exactly why i refered to him as Riley Brown. Both are great defenders, both provide good service. Both offer zilch in attack.

All the great hookers had a great running game as well as being outstanding in support play - Buderus, Hetherington, Toovey etc

Comment

Bonetti > Brown + Jaubs

Melon - I am assuming had Bonetti not retired that Finch would not have been required. But if Stuart saw fit to still have him then it may not have made a difference. I'm sure a Fittler/Wing/Bonetti combo in 2003 & 2004 would have got us over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          I disagree. He has had some good talent which he didn't utilise. His ( and his coaching staff) lack of vision and structure is evident in the players's inability to hold out the easiest of tries.Dean Pay brough stell into our defensive line, Fittler ( and Anderson prior) made it tissue like.
          Yep. I think with the talent we have had this season we could at least have been a middle-of-the-road team, if they only showed a bit of fighting spirit and some decent defensive structures. Both of which are about coaching.

As well as a bit of both ON and OFF field discipline.

Although it terribly SAD, I would not say that it's either undeserved or unsurprising after this disastrous season. A disaster in all aspects.

Comment

Bonetti's passing from dummy half was second to none. Stupiditsus isnt worthy of polishing his boots mun.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Heard a whisper that NSW country team Menindee Yabbies has shown some interest in signing Fittler up for 2010 as Captain/Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
                Just face the fact that he has a God awful team to coach. I feel sorry for him.
                Don't.

He has reaped what he sowed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                  Bonetti was a super hooker for us and retired two years too early. Great defender and great ball feeder from dummy half. Some of you have bad memories.

No.

You do.

Bonetti was shit until 2002.

He had terrible service and was slow from dummy half.

He had one good season and packed it in.

Next you will tell us we miss Todd Byrne.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
                    With a better coach comes better discipline, better structure and better fitness. I would think that some of those god awful players would be a lot better under a better coach. SKD shows glimpses as does Sa, those 2 could be a great asset to the team.
                    I agree entirely.

We have underachieved for years and I think it is mostly down to the coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by The Anus View Post
                      No.

You do.

Bonetti was shit until 2002.

He had terrible service and was slow from dummy half.

He had one good season and packed it in.

Next you will tell us we miss Todd Byrne.
                      I thought his service was pretty good. Couldn't outrun a slug but could pass the football.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        I thought his service was pretty good. Couldn't outrun a slug but could pass the football.
                        Only compared to Wing and Aubusson.

Jake will be a lot better than all of them.

Comment

geezus didnt bloody benny jones have great defense today.
                          front on head on all bloody day

Comment

Yeah, he must of been pumped to get on after watching off the bench. For a little bloke he sure gets in their faces.

I think he realises that due to our halves situation, he might not get a run there so he's really trying to impress with the limited opportunity that he gets.

Comment

Working...
                            X