No announcement yet.

Our Next Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fully suspect that James Maloney will be captain next year. He organises the hell out of the Warriors, he'll do the same to the Roosters.

Comment

I would seriously consider making either SKD or Maloney captain. I was earlier thinking that either Pearce or Kennedy would be a good option but have since changed my mind. Pearce just doesn't have the footy smarts and Kennedy is really struggling just to stay in first grade.

Comment

I'd go with Cordner.

I don't care how young he is, the **** is tough as nails and would lead the way from the front.

I have massive man love for Leroy Brown!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
          Mini cannot argue with a captain and can't yell out instructions from fullback. He also doesn't have good form lately. Pearce has experience but is still learning and is stupid at times and goes missing. Boyd too young. Maybe JWH or Maloney. If we get Lewis that's a great option.
          been learning for that long he should have a degree by now

Comment

Originally posted by Planetboy View Post
            I would seriously consider making either SKD or Maloney captain. I was earlier thinking that either Pearce or Kennedy would be a good option but have since changed my mind. Pearce just doesn't have the footy smarts and Kennedy is really struggling just to stay in first grade.
            As John McEnroe once said, "You cannot be serious!".

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              As John McEnroe once said, "You cannot be serious!".
              Why not A? He is entrenched in the first grade side. Is well liked by all the other players. Is never in any sort of trouble. Talks well both on and off the field. I can't find too many down sides. I would prefer Maloney, but doubt they would give it to him in his first year. Cordner would be another option, although he is still very green but could grow into the role.

Comment

Cordner

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                  Jimmy smith said on the radio it will be a leadership group of about 4 or 5, mini,maubs jwh and maybe maloney.
                  Leadership by committee, triffic idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
                    Leadership by committee, triffic idea.
                    Seems to be working for Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetboy View Post
                      Why not A? He is entrenched in the first grade side. Is well liked by all the other players. Is never in any sort of trouble. Talks well both on and off the field. I can't find too many down sides. I would prefer Maloney, but doubt they would give it to him in his first year. Cordner would be another option, although he is still very green but could grow into the role.
                      SKD does not seem to be a leader. He needs to concentrate on his own game without having to worry about the team.

Comment

Hate to say it but Mini will probably be given it as parting gift from Politis, just like Ricko was gifted it in his last year at the Roosters. And just like Braith has managed to hang onto it in 2012. I remember being very surprised that Fitzy was stripped of it in 09 in his last year, although he did get it back by default after Braith's injury.

It seems the captaincy at our club is seen as nothing more than a reward for long service. How effective you are at leading the team doesn't appear to have any bearing on the appointment.

NC
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

SKD does not seem to be a leader. He needs to concentrate on his own game without having to worry about the team.
                          He also doesn't need anymore initials next to his name SKD c, just doesn't look right, neither does JWH c !!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                            Give it to JWH...It might mellow his unnecessary aggression like Gallen.
                            i support you on your choice for jwh.it worked wonders with beetson as too as you say with gallen.

Comment

Remember it took "take 2" for Gallen to be the skipper he is now. He had it taken off the first time round due to his on and off field issues.

I'd give it 2-3 years before I'd consider JWH for captaincy. Let him mature as a person and a player first.

NC
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I like JWH and he leads by example but unless he is playing 80 mins he is not an option.

Mini needs to worry about his own game and not how the team is going.

I don't like the idea of a new player being thrown the captaincy, but I do believe Maloney would be the best and most experienced man for the job.
                                I would pick Maloney to be captain ive watched him closely he does alot of talking for the Warriors and leads from the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X