• Our Next Captain?

We have no leaders in our team.
    Who will be captain from 2013.
    This is a real worry.

Don't worry, it'll be SBW

Comment

Mini 100% will be next year

Comment

From what I saw at the game on Monday night (and I was sitting 10 metres away at the time) when Cronulla scored to take the lead not one player was talking to each other in the in-goal. Where was the leadership? Where was someone stepping up and telling the team to start playing. If I was there I would be ripping into them. I was shocked and appalled that we had no leadership. Mini is definitely not the answer. He was more interested in getting a towel to wipe his face.

Comment

Jimmy smith said on the radio it will be a leadership group of about 4 or 5, mini,maubs jwh and maybe maloney.

Comment

another non decision!

Comment

Mini cannot argue with a captain and can't yell out instructions from fullback. He also doesn't have good form lately. Pearce has experience but is still learning and is stupid at times and goes missing. Boyd too young. Maybe JWH or Maloney. If we get Lewis that's a great option.

Comment

Christ help us if they give it to minichello given his performance Monday.

Chook.

Comment

Can Maloney coach and carry the water too? It looks like we are relying on him for everything else.

Comment

Give it to JWH...It might mellow his unnecessary aggression like Gallen.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                      Give it to JWH...It might mellow his unnecessary aggression like Gallen.
                      Maybe in 5 years time. Aggression is the only thing JWH has going for him ATM. He has a long way to go before being considered close to a complete footballer. IMO.

Comment

please dont be stupid enough to give it to mini, sadly hes yesterdays man and he knows it too now! mitchel pearce would be a disaster cant speak, carnt play, carnt represent our club in the media! i hate to say it but young marty kennedy is articulate, intelligent and lives his footy! hell be here for a while too so hes well worth considering, hes not in the bad books with the refs yet either?
                        Last edited by stephenj; 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I like JWH and he leads by example but unless he is playing 80 mins he is not an option.

Mini needs to worry about his own game and not how the team is going.

I don't like the idea of a new player being thrown the captaincy, but I do believe Maloney would be the best and most experienced man for the job.

Comment

Pearce should be captain.

Might change things.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Minichiello was a useless mute captain.

Give it to Cordner...the only bloke with Heart and a brain.
                              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X