This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again the BIG MISTAKE was made in late 07 when we signed 2 over rated busted Bulldogs and had to ditch 6 first graders/fringe first graders to do so
    Williams to Cowboys, another williams to dogs (prop that Artie rated), 2 to Canberra - shillo and ?, Heath to Manly, Wing? Soward, lewis others?
    1/2 have done nothing, 1/2 going OK
    We are so shit, that I've got NFI is it was the right thing to do, even with hindsight!

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
      Thats a great team...........................for newcastle to put 60 on.
      If we leave the team the way it is, everyone will be complaining. If we field the team I suggested, everyone will be complaining. It doesn't matter which team we field, it seems nobody on here wants any player at the club at the moment to be playing at all except for Fitzy, Perrett, Mini, Pearce and Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by footy View Post
        If we leave the team the way it is, everyone will be complaining. If we field the team I suggested, everyone will be complaining. It doesn't matter which team we field, it seems nobody on here wants any player at the club at the moment to be playing at all except for Fitzy, Perrett, Mini, Pearce and Nate.
        Because they are the only ones that put in.
        I'd add Maubs, Jake and Tom S

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
          Because they are the only ones that put in.
          I'd add Maubs, Jake and Tom S
          I agree. But like every other club, we've got a roster that we can only pick from and we have to field 17 players each week, so from the players we do have, the team I suggested is the best we can do at the moment. We just can not only pick the players that try each week or we won't be fielding a team this weekend. There hasn't been 17 players putting in each weekend.

Comment

There hasn't been 17 players putting in each weekend.
            our season in 9 words
            or 2
            we're farked

Comment

I think we'll take it up to the Knights,big turn around....keep thinking ...Roosters,by ten to fifteen....the humiliation ends here...self respect,pride and the belief of ones' gifted abilities,will finally emerge from the tormented darkness,of this hell,in which the sad souls of rooster defeat upon defeat dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                That's a fair point but you can't discount a player just because they are in a bad team. In fact I'd argue it's a lot harder to perform in a poor team than it is to perform in a team coming first.

No I don't, the guy is in his early 20's and still wont peak until he hits 24/25. I'm happy with the way he has progressed and whilst he's not a guy who yet has the wider respect of NRL teams and players if he continues to improve the way he has been then eventually one day I have no doubts that he will.

Okay...guess we'll agree to disagree..

You & others on here are obviously seeing something i'm not when it comes to FNP..

I don't know how much fitter we can get him,& he fatigues now after 5 minutes....(Ironically he is ONE player who looks fitter than last year)..

Maybe,with some work we can get that up to 7 1/2 - 8 minutes..

Not good enough for mine..

As a roosters fan,i really hope he proves me wrong..

But i'm really confident he won't..

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                  Horrie, i'm sure you know the common saying, props mature with age.

Are we trying to compare the skill of a verteran prop to one with as little experience as FPN.

the point i was trying to make is, as you said, the development of our players has dropped like a lead ballon.

We can use the dogs as an example. They have players in their side that would not be looked at twice by other clubs but are getting results, Chris Armit, Garry Warbourton, Michael Hodgeson, Yileen Gordon, Jarrod Hickey.

the dogs fans were not looking forward to the 2009 season after winning the spoon and the sight of these names in their starting line up. With a new coach and a strict dicipline rule, the dogs now reap what they sow and they are reaping the benefits.

This is the key for us. how these players are developed, remember, we have a team with an average age of 21. there is alot of brillian football in our team, it needs a coach like smith to bring it out.

If he dumps players, so be it, if things need to be done his way, so be it, that is why he is coming to the roosters in 2009.
                  What utter and pure BS. Surely no one believes the constant crap you sprout.

For starters i know quite a few bulldogs supporters and they were very much looking forward to 2009. why? Not because of Chris Armit, Garry Warbourton, Michael Hodgeson, Yileen Gordon, Jarrod Hickey.

Because they signed key big names in key positions. Brett Kimmorley, Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant, Josh Morris and David Stagg plus others.

This proves all you dribble about club building and keeping team harmony by not buying players to be utter crap. We buy no one, we last. Bulldogs buy, bulldogs contenders. Get that thru your thickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                    What utter and pure BS. Surely no one believes the constant crap you sprout.

For starters i know quite a few bulldogs supporters and they were very much looking forward to 2009. why? Not because of Chris Armit, Garry Warbourton, Michael Hodgeson, Yileen Gordon, Jarrod Hickey.

Because they signed key big names in key positions. Brett Kimmorley, Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant, Josh Morris and David Stagg plus others.

This proves all you dribble about club building and keeping team harmony by not buying players to be utter crap. We buy no one, we last. Bulldogs buy, bulldogs contenders. Get that thru your thickhead.

Was my post directed at you???

Were you quoted in my initial post???

i think the answer is no.

so, keep your nose out of something you are not included in.

To me, you opinion means squat bandwagoner.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Was my post directed at you???

Were you quoted in my initial post???

i think the answer is no.

so, keep your nose out of something you are not included in.

To me, you opinion means squat bandwagoner.
                      haha.

Not much to say when one has been exposed as a complete clueless wonder yet again.

I didn't quote you either in other posts when you had a go at me you complete hypocrite.

To me you are an embarrassment to this club. My issue is not with your clueless opinions but it is with you attacking my opinions.
                      Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

haha.

Not much to say when one has been exposed as a complete clueless wonder yet again.

I didn't quote you either i other posts when you had a go at me you complete hypocrite.

To me you are an embarrassment to this club. My issue is not with your clueless opinions but it is with you attacking mine.
                        where in this post did i attack your opinion???

if i recall what started this wave was your attack on My post AFTER the fact on the "Roosters fans going to the vermin game" thread, again you and coggy using the tried and true method of hindsight.

when ever i have replied to your posts originally, i have debated you with facts and figures, all you have come back with with heresay, conjecture and your favorite thing, hindsight.

To me, you are a bandwagoner that should know better.

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

Comment

where in this post did i attack your opinion???

if i recall what started this wave was your attack on My post AFTER the fact on the "Roosters fans going to the vermin game" thread, again you and coggy using the tried and true method of hindsight.

when ever i have replied to your posts originally, i have debated you with facts and figures, all you have come back with with heresay, conjecture and your favorite thing, hindsight.

To me, you are a bandwagoner that should know better.
                          Our war started way back on the wall long ago so don't just blame the vermin thread. Even on this forum the attacks came before the post ie. the post there you called me a goose and fool even though i was proven right.

You obviously dont know what a bandwagoner is so why bother with that lame attempt at an insult. All bandwagoners are well gone by now.

Besides don't knock the bandwagoners, without them the club may not even exist. We are not gonna survive on 2 to 3 thousand per game.

Comment

Our war started way back on the wall long ago so don't just blame the vermin thread. Even on this forum the attacks came before the post ie. the post there you called me a goose and fool even though i was proven right.

You obviously dont know what a bandwagoner is so why bother with that lame attempt at an insult. All bandwagoners are well gone by now.

Besides don't knock the bandwagoners, without them the club may not even exist. We are not gonna survive on 2 to 3 thousand per game.
                            Stop playing the victim Rocky, you know good and well that you tried to force you opinion onto others, you are just as guilty of this as i am.

You were only proven right because the roosters have gone bad, but you know what, if you are glad to be proven right about the roosters going bad and like to gloat about it, just be prepared to cop it back when we start winning and becoming successful again, i will be on your back like no tomorrow to make sure that you DO NOT enjoy the good times.

Comment

Stop playing the victim Rocky, you know good and well that you tried to force you opinion onto others, you are just as guilty of this as i am.

You were only proven right because the roosters have gone bad, but you know what, if you are glad to be proven right about the roosters going bad and like to gloat about it, just be prepared to cop it back when we start winning and becoming successful again, i will be on your back like no tomorrow to make sure that you DO NOT enjoy the good times.
                              Wrong. I don't force my opinions on anyone. Readers can take it or leave it. I like to justify my opinion but i don't force it on anyone.

just be prepared to cop it back when we start winning and becoming successful again, i will be on your back like no tomorrow to make sure that you DO NOT enjoy the good times.
                              Wow. And you were complaining about my so called "told you so" post. You started this whole bring back posts stuff by threatening to bring back my post on the wall to say what a goose i was. Only it totally backfired.

BTW, if good times happen then why would you be on my back? My original forecast was for 2009 so how can i be wrong.

Comment

You started this whole bring back posts stuff by threatening to bring back my post on the wall to say what a goose i was. Only it totally backfired.
                                Actually rocky, you asked me to find the post, if i recall it was the one about you supporting josh lewis and calling soward a bench player at best.

I brought it back, no backfire there mate, sorry.

In the end, i have my opinion, you have yours, i am not going to agree with you and going by your posting, you are not going to agree with mine.

I'm a person that is not as negative as you, i see the possibilites of good things.

I will stay in my corner, you stay in yours, this is not the wall, none of this crap needs to come on here.

Take it or leave it.

Comment

Working...
                                X