Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters Marketing - How low can they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters Marketing - How low can they go?

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I am being HOUNDED every day for the past 2 weeks by telemarketers from some ****ing insurance company who has just signed on as a sponsor of the Sydney Roosters.

Apparently as a "welcoming offer" they are giving special deals to all roosters members and I should have received an email about it (I didn't). I've told them I'm not interested, but that hasn't stopped them calling every day, usually 3-4 times.

Looks like the club is now selling its member base's information to telemarketers for a few bucks. I have written an email to the club asking about this because if it is so, I will be cancelling my membership unless they can promise me my details will not be sold to another company ever again.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem or is it just me?

Mate I got a call yesterday from some life insurance comapny giving me the same spiel about special deals for Roosters members.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

good luck if thery get me on the phone, my daughter is ready to hand back her membership too! not a sympathetic house at this time, located in the shire too!

Comment

if the roosters have in fact sold out their members data base , it will be very deifficult fror them to resign those fans next season, as they nolonger have a members forum the wall, they cannot control what is posted on here and other similar sights, im very certain this abuse if true will be reminded to fans at resign time!

Comment

They called me too. I told them where to go.
          Roosters marketing does not have the right to pass our personal info on to any third parties.
          If I get another call like this I will call Noyce to complain. Others should as well.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 07-11-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

What about the #Love2Hate campaign? Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              They caleld me too. I told them where to go.
              Roosters marketing does not have the right to pass our personal info on to any third parties.
              If I get another call like this I will call Noyce to complain. Others should as well.
              When we registered our business name with QLD Dept of Fair Trading we were unaware that they would on sell our contact details to anyone that would pay. We were bombarded with phone calls & faxes from every conceivable sales rep possible.
              We contacted Fair Trading & they stated that they were within their rights to on sell our info because there was a small clause in the agreement saying that they may do so. This clause was so small & hidden that it was almost invisible.

Real Estate Agents, Local Government & a lot of small businesses on sell your info.

Make it very plain, to anyone that you supply contact details to, that you do NOT want your information supplied to anyone without your approval. If they cannot agree to your request tell them that you will not do business with them under those terms.

Comment

I just leave my answering machine on 24/7.
                They don't talk to answering machines....nor does 'India'.

Roosters marketing should not be giving anyone the personal details of Roosters members.

Maybe they did it, if they did, because we need the money.
                Who knows.

Just say "no thank you" and hang up the phone.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not a member.

Comment

I'm happy to be a member.

Comment

I didn't receive an email either. 2 missed calls from them last week, I answered when they called this morning.

Phone call comes from 03-8692-0611.

Comment

I went from sponsor in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 to non-member and have not spent 1 dollar towards Easts Leagues Club since 2005. And happy about it.

General Admission at games is a shit load better than paying a membership to sit and watch teh clubs managerial decisions destroy another season.
                        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I got that call on Monday.

I told them if the chooks win the comp I'd think about it.

That ****ed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post

That ****ed them.
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post

That ****ed them.
                              Should have asked them for a quote for the Pings.
                              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X