Willie MUST stay for 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supermario View Post
    Can anyone explain why mason was running at Sutton and not Sandow on monday night???

Why is it that, as brain said, the dogs set a game plan for Mason to run at finch all night in the 04 grand final, with great success, but we cannot do the same to opposition teams????

Is freddy scared to set the game plan around running at the weakest link in the opposition defence with one of our strongest hitters and runners????

Mason is not a prop, he is a wide running second rower, thats how he should be used.

Muzz, Freddy clocked off the minute "The Hairdo" told him he was getting the arse..

Zero thought was put into any aspect of the game on monday..

Sad but true..

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
      The problem Holmes I have with sasquatch is he cant keep his mouth shut and is a bad influence.Hw won a Clive Churchill medal running at Brett Finch all night and has done nothing since-He might go alright now and may be even better next year.But for my money piss him off or tell him to shut his mouth.
      Same could be said for the over rated one, the only bloke i know to have his own name tatooed on his arm, maybe if he stopped getting pissed, throwing up in trains and getting belted on train stations, he also would be alot better person and player.

But i guess thats masons fault

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
        Holmes,

As Hugo Balzak would say. Give the C the C. Mason must be captain next year. Fire up you ****ing cats.
        Melon either im wrong or your right?????

this is the 1st time we have agreed on something in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
          Same could be said for the over rated one, the only bloke i know to have his own name tatooed on his arm, maybe if he stopped getting pissed, throwing up in trains and getting belted on train stations, he also would be alot better person and player.
          Maybe he should have gotten "Pearced" tattooed on his arm instead ?

Comment

Mason is the Roosters new fatty Vautin of the 21st century, only way more expensive.

He is IMO the biggest reason why we are coming last player wise. I've lost cost of how many players we have let go to fit him in, no wonder we have very few quality players in our backs due to him taking up our cap. All for what, 20 mins of solid play per game. And how many times has he left the team short so teams can run the tries in against our 12.

He is divisive and has been around most of our off-field incidents. Our coach doesn't like him, our new coach is already questioning his value as has half our board.

For $800,000 over 2 yrs what has he given us, 2 or 3 match winning performances. Is that good value?

He will be one of the first cut under smithy. Smithy likes 80 min players not 20 min players. When willie is cut, it will be fun watching the backslappers turn to backstabbers as per previous cases.
            Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 07-29-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
              Mason is the Roosters new fatty Vautin of the 21st century, only way more expensive.

He is IMO the biggest reason why we are coming last player wise. I've lost cost of how many players we have let go to fit him in, no wonder we have very few quality players in our backs due to him taking up our cap. All for what, 20 mins of solid play per game. And how many times has he left the team short so teams can run the tries in against our 12.

He is divisive and has been around most of our off-field incidents. Our coach doesn't like him, our new coach is already questioning his value as has half our board.

For $800,000 over 2 yrs what has he given us, 2 or 3 match winning performances. Is that good value?

He will be one of the first cut under smithy. Smithy likes 80 min players not 20 min players. When willie is cut, it will be fun watching the backslappers turn to backstabbers as per previous cases.

Agreed he is overpaid he is worth no more then 280-300k. but then agian he was signed based on his old crushing form which was worth 400k.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterNight View Post
                Agreed he is overpaid he is worth no more then 280-300k. but then agian he was signed based on his old crushing form which was worth 400k.
                Problem is his old crushing form has hardly been sighted since 2004. Willie is here for the eastern suburbs nightlife and party culture. He thinks 20-30 mins effort per game will cover that.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                  Muzz, Freddy clocked off the minute "The Hairdo" told him he was getting the arse..

Zero thought was put into any aspect of the game on monday..

Sad but true..
                  correct

freddy is cruizing to september

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes View Post
                    It has been obvious in the last four or so weeks by his performances that Willie must stay.

His powerful running style has shown he is coming back to his best.

The wife showed me an article in, I think it was 'New weekly' where Willie and his wife to be, were interviewed about their future marriage. He has been with her for a lot of years, and there was a lot of proof that he has tamed down dramatically in his lifestyle. Anyone who has seen Willie grow up would know he is no longer the media giant he once was.

Through his positive comments in the last week concerning Brian Smith, and the positives he has said about our young guys....if Brian Smith and Mason get on board together.....we could possibly have a good combination of old head player, youth, and old smart coach.
                    He's an ex kangaroo, and can be one again! Big piece of meat who can run the ball hard... I hope next season he can go back to being the hero he once was! Hard to look good when your team's in line for the wooden spoon... you can't win games by yourself...

Has definitely tamed down and stopped ranting (was unfortunate that he got caught doing a slash earlier in the season... dumb, but it's not a huge scandal.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      The problem Holmes I have with sasquatch is he cant keep his mouth shut and is a bad influence.Hw won a Clive Churchill medal running at Brett Finch all night and has done nothing since-He might go alright now and may be even better next year.But for my money piss him off or tell him to shut his mouth.
                      He has not done many interviews lately and has not done anything wrong recently has he? Pissing up against a wall is nothing in my books.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Yeah it is Mason that is the culprit.

Not the lack of fitness.

Not the lack of strength.

Not the lack of gameplan.

Not the passengers who are getting a free ride in 1st grade.

Not all the off-field distractions.

Tupou has given many years of service to this club. His is the only signature that i miss. Even with his annoying offloads.

Amos was a passenger for quite a while. I would shudder to think how he would go this season - i guess he would downshift from 2nd to 1st. Oh and way to distribute pingers to our 20s.

Shillington was soft, i laugh every game at the Raiders who wasted a reported 400k on him. How he made the maroons i'll never know.

This has been cultivating for a long time and finally the buying culture has caught up to us. I'm excited to bring up a few youngsters through the ranks to see them flourish, even if it means painfully watching them make rookie mistakes. I'm not going to write them off because they aren't setting the world alight in their first couple of seasons under a shitty regime.

Some of you need to go and play NRL fantasy league to satisfy your cravings for a superstar team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
                          Yeah it is Mason that is the culprit.

Not the lack of fitness.

Not the lack of strength.

Not the lack of gameplan.

Not the passengers who are getting a free ride in 1st grade.

Not all the off-field distractions.

Tupou has given many years of service to this club. His is the only signature that i miss. Even with his annoying offloads.

Amos was a passenger for quite a while. I would shudder to think how he would go this season - i guess he would downshift from 2nd to 1st. Oh and way to distribute pingers to our 20s.

Shillington was soft, i laugh every game at the Raiders who wasted a reported 400k on him. How he made the maroons i'll never know.

This has been cultivating for a long time and finally the buying culture has caught up to us. I'm excited to bring up a few youngsters through the ranks to see them flourish, even if it means painfully watching them make rookie mistakes. I'm not going to write them off because they aren't setting the world alight in their first couple of seasons under a shitty regime.

Some of you need to go and play NRL fantasy league to satisfy your cravings for a superstar team.

Mike,

Gotta say thats one post i agree whole heartedly. Look lets face it Mason isa human headline. And he's done stuff to get himself on teh front page. I dont care what he does as long as it doesnt hurt anyone or gets him behind bars.

As for a footballer. You have to secure someone of his stature. to pay for such a retainer is gong to cost. So whether its 300K or 500K, you pay it for Mason. What does he bring? he brings experience at all levels. When fit and clear in the head, he is the most damaging forward in teh game. no doubt. When he goes good, the team goes good. Whenm teh team goes good, teh cash flows into teh club. thats why you buy these sorts of players. but buying them should be 10% of your rsiter. Easts have always thought, for as long as i can remeber you can buy a comp. Bullshit. If Politis doesnt know that by now, he never will. Sorry. they treat junior football with contempt and their reward is teh spoon.

So go on and blame Mason for running at 40% because he blew a knee. he could be sitting on his arse for all I care getting 1 million a week, and it still wouldnt be his fault that we are in this situation. its starts at teh front office. Hopefully Nouyce is teh man that can do what Gurr did - control the egos in the front office. The rest will follow.

Mason is crucial to our recovery. Anyone that desnt see this doesnt know and most likely will never know. Forget the fact he may or may not clash with teh coach. That isnt the issue. Te=he issue is 3/4 of the squad dont give a flying **** at the moment.
                          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Mason will be there in 2010 because no-one else will offer him the dollars he's on at the Roosters. It's that simple.

I can't stand the bloke, but I can understand why he wouldn't be willing to give up the cushy deal he's on.

I blame Fittler and Politis, not Mason, for paying well over what the bloke was worth. The bloke just took what he was offered.

But I'm not expecting any improvement in performances from him in 2010. He's been simply going through the motions since 2005.

NC
                            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Novice - Can you acknowledge the improvement in Mason's game over the last few weeks...???

Comment

Yes I can PTB, he's gone from average to above average.

Woohoo.

NC
                                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                                X