Willie MUST stay for 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
    Mason will be there in 2010 because no-one else will offer him the dollars he's on at the Roosters. It's that simple.

I can't stand the bloke, but I can understand why he wouldn't be willing to give up the cushy deal he's on.

I blame Fittler and Politis, not Mason, for paying well over what the bloke was worth. The bloke just took what he was offered.

But I'm not expecting any improvement in performances from him in 2010. He's been simply going through the motions since 2005.

NC
    Novice,

harden up old girl. you know we have **** all forwards there now, and we'll have **** all next year. Mason is pretty much the best we have, by a long shot, excluding Mr Defication - Snapperhead. Shack may be a good guy, but the bloke has broken the line 3 times in 5 years. Forget it, we dont need just nice guys. We need mean mothers that tear heads off their opponents or run over the top of them. mason will be needed. He will surprise you next season with both his effort and his attitude as a Captain.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Yes I can PTB, he's gone from average to above average.

Woohoo.

NC
      Thanks Novice...

He will continue to improve and next year he may even impress you..

(As a footballer, I know he will never impress you as a person)..

Comment

Big Mike, you got 1 thing wrong.
        Shillington is soft, not was

Comment

Melon,

Mason is past putting fear into anyone. Hasn't done so for a few years now. Nowadays he is a soft coq and a pussy.

I'm putting more faith in our young forwards firing up in 2010 than Mason.

NC
          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Well I think Mason is quite important for the experience he brings given that the Roosters have a rather young side. Giving him the captaincy I'm not so sure of because it would give him open slather to use his mouth and attitude which to his credit have been under control recently but also which could backfire. I do see the reasoning behind the idea "to give the C the C" but when I think of the men who've had the C before Mason, well, it gives me pause.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Melon,

Mason is past putting fear into anyone. Hasn't done so for a few years now. Nowadays he is a soft coq and a pussy.

NC
              NC, Im hoping our young forwards learn to catch and play the ball properly and stop lying all over the tackled opponent. that is all i ask from those coconuts. of Mason, I expect him to lead the charge...every week. if he doesnt ill be disappointed. As will you, as this team will go nowhere without Mason's contribution.

Comment

We'd best be prepared for disappoitntment then Melon, because I don't reckon Mason is up to contributing all that much.

He struggled to make a real consistent impact before he was injured last year. I just can't see that improving.

NC

Comment

We'd best be prepared for disappoitntment then Melon, because I don't reckon Mason is up to contributing all that much.

He struggled to make a real consistent impact before he was injured last year. I just can't see that improving.

NC
                  Yet weve put up with forwards that havent made any impact in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                    Yet weve put up with forwards that havent made any impact in 3 years.
                    And so Mason continues that fine tradition and will continue to do so. But unlike some others, he is very well paid to do basically fark all in that department.

The only evidence I've seen of impact from Mason in 2 seasons is 2 games - last year against the Dogs and the Warriers.

So I reckon on average I'll get to see perhaps 1 in 2010 if I'm lucky.

But keep talking him up Melon, you can always live in hope. Just don't expect value for money from this has been pretender.

NC

Comment

Yes I can PTB, he's gone from average to above average.

Woohoo.

NC
                      above average in our current side is outstanding

having a go when noone else is is a tough ask. willie is having a go

Comment

For me the question isnt whether Willie can play, its whether hes worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by redrooster View Post
                          For me the question isnt whether Willie can play, its whether hes worth the money
                          Depends on your philosophy for the team I guess.

I think we're paying a fair price for what he has to offer... he's definitely "worth" what we're paying in that he does a fine job of what he does best.

Could the money be better spent? Well it's a lot of money... so I'm sure philosophically there are many ideas around about how we could better spend the money. Here's a few:
                          1) On 4-5 young players.
                          2) On 2 solid players (not quite as prestigious as Mason, but still solid guys... more chances of 1 firing)
                          3) On grassroots development... get some 1/2 good guy to replace him and spend the rest on development of young players.

Will any of these produce better results for the team is my question.

Comment

Melon,

NC
                            lol young forwards wont do shit for us, individually they might 'fire up' and show potential but they're not going to win us games.

I hope our administration aren't heading into next season as ignorant as some of our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                              lol young forwards wont do shit for us, individually they might 'fire up' and show potential but they're not going to win us games.

I hope our administration aren't heading into next season as ignorant as some of our fans.
                              What i think is ironic.....Nate Myles signed on again for the youth policy (yes he pooped and yes he wants to be a part of the younger generation) yet Willie also wants to be around next year for at least one more year..Willie is the type of bloke that would normally ditch a club if he wanted too...Yet he wants to stay.

I'm reading into this, and happy that these older blokes havent jumped ship knowing Brian Smith will be here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

You mean like the games our senior forwards have won for us this year - not.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X