Fittler's conspiracy theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittler's conspiracy theory

‘‘I am convinced he sacrificed a possible win against Manly by resting [Jarrod] Mullen and [Kurt] Gidley and I expect them to be back against us and 100 per cent,’’ Fittler said.

What's with this junk? With or without Mullen and Gidley the Knights could smash the Roosters this season (and I'm a loyal Roosters fan!)

I doubt Smith threw in the towel last week...

Like i said in the other thread where i posted the article, is it freddy going down swinging or trying to make excuses before the game is even played????

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

poor Freddy.. oh the pressures of coaching have hit.. with a bang

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
        Like i said in the other thread where i posted the article, is it freddy going down swinging or trying to make excuses before the game is even played????
        Sorry didn't spot that one

Comment

Originally posted by sirgamble View Post
          Sorry didn't spot that one
          no thats cool, this definatly warrants a thread of its own, they are really odd comments by fittler and really out of the blue considering he is usually laid back.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Maybe he is using it as a way to get the players to fire up.....The problem is though it is not the individuals that need firing up, it is the team as a unit.

Why can't they fire up like they did in the first 40 of the Saints game?

Comment

Fittler's way off the mark here. As he has been for most of 2009.

Mullen is coming back early from injury this week as it is. And Gidley's ribs were dodgy. I wouldn't have risked him against Manly either.

Fittler should be concentrating on his own team and its problems, rather than wasting energy and time on what Newcastle and Smith does.

NC
              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

A friend of mine (non-Easts supporter; a former Norths fan) tweeted a link to this article to me yesterday with the comment, "its sad to see a great like freddy lose the plot".

Comment

Freddy's lost the plot which is patently evident from these comments. Maybe he's trying to get himself let go early so that he can go on a holiday and forget about coaching and the Roosters for a while. I don't know about you guys but if you know you're leaving a job shortly, it is much harder to stay motivated and maintain the right attitude. The Roosters will not win another game this season and will lose most of them by plenty as a result. I also expect further injuries (which at this time of the year are usually "season-ending") as the players clock off mentally and physically.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Freddy vindicating his sacking with another immature display

Comment

From the SMH http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/f...16.html?page=2

Newcastle coach Brian Smith has shrugged off Brad Fittler’s bizarre claim that the incoming Roosters mentor sacrificed last Friday night’s match against Manly by resting stars Kurt Gidley and Jarrod Mullen because he wanted to ensure the Knights were at their best for the clash with his new club. ‘‘In reference to what Freddy said, Freddy’s either sitting back having a good old laugh, about how he’s wound a journalist up into a story like that … or he’s doing what a coach in his position should do – he’s trying to find an edge to get his team to perform at their absolute best,’’ Smith said yesterday. ‘‘They’re desperate not to finish on the bottom, so all’s fair in love and coaching your team to get off the bottom.’’

Comment

Heard a whisper that NSW country team Menindee Yabbies has shown some interest in signing Fittler up for 2010 as Captain/Coach.

Comment

Working...
                        X