No announcement yet.

Ron Coote Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Coote was interviewed after the match stating his disappointment, he appeared to have a kid with a souffs jersey on with him. I guess all this adds to him making his decision on which team he supports mostly.

Horrie was a REAL Rooster!

Comment

I realise that the players were shattered but honestly why was there no one from the Roosters admin on hand to stop the players from leaving the field when they did and remind them that the presentation was being held. After all it was the Roosters club who organised the presentation and in that case the players had the obligation to be there, win, lose or draw.

Ron Coote had every reason to be pissed off, having made the effort to be there after being invited to attend the presentation by the Roosters!!

I'm not blaming the players for wanting to leave the field, the presentation would have been the last thing on their mind. But I do blame the amateur, clueless, piss weak management of our club who cannot seem to get even the simplest of things right!! I mean how many suited hangers on do we have strolling around on game day - plenty. Surely someone should have been given the task to ensure that the players did the right thing by an immortal of our club!!

NC
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosters oh Yeah !! View Post
        Mmmm, let's see. You induct him into your "Hall of Fame" during the previous week. You introduce and parade him in front of your home game crowd. You show highlights of his career on the big screens. He "drives 3 hours to get to the game" (his quote via Channel 7) and your little girls didn't want to stay on the field to accept a trophy from him !!!!!! You think he was unimpressed ????? You bet he was. But hey it's OK, apparently you apologised. You mob are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.
        Yes they should have stayed out there, it was disappointing as was the Tigers effort in their no show at the presentation of the foundation cup, but that is ok they are not East's.

So he drove 3 hrs to get there, Big Farken deal Hastings made the trip from Florida to receive his hall of fame induction, yet Coote was nowhere to be seen.

The same bloke who could not be bothered turning up to receive his hall of fame induction??? The same bloke who whilst being interviewed could not say he supported the Roosters, the same bloke who has bagged the club for signing SBW, the same bloke who kicks the club whilst there down at every oppotunity.

Great player Yes

Also great at bagging this club every chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
          I realise that the players were shattered but honestly why was there no one from the Roosters admin on hand to stop the players from leaving the field when they did and remind them that the presentation was being held. After all it was the Roosters club who organised the presentation and in that case the players had the obligation to be there, win, lose or draw.

Ron Coote had every reason to be pissed off, having made the effort to be there after being invited to attend the presentation by the Roosters!!

I'm not blaming the players for wanting to leave the field, the presentation would have been the last thing on their mind. But I do blame the amateur, clueless, piss weak management of our club who cannot seem to get even the simplest of things right!! I mean how many suited hangers on do we have strolling around on game day - plenty. Surely someone should have been given the task to ensure that the players did the right thing by an immortal of our club!!

NC
          This !

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare:231656
            Mmmm, let's see. You induct him into your "Hall of Fame" during the previous week. You introduce and parade him in front of your home game crowd. You show highlights of his career on the big screens. He "drives 3 hours to get to the game" (his quote via Channel 7) and your little girls didn't want to stay on the field to accept a trophy from him !!!!!! You think he was unimpressed ????? You bet he was. But hey it's OK, apparently you apologised. You mob are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.
            Yes they should have stayed out there, it was disappointing as was the Tigers effort in their no show at the presentation of the foundation cup, but that is ok they are not East's.

So he drove 3 hrs to get there, Big Farken deal Hastings made the trip from Florida to receive his hall of fame induction, yet Coote was nowhere to be seen.

The same bloke who could not be bothered turning up to receive his hall of fame induction??? The same bloke who whilst being interviewed could not say he supported the Roosters, the same bloke who has bagged the club for signing SBW, the same bloke who kicks the club whilst there down at every oppotunity.

Great player Yes

Spot on!

No longer will I use his name when I'm trying to hit the Mrs up for a root!

Comment

Very poor form IMO from Easts, I would like to see every player & official make a donation to the Men of League Association & have Anasta & Smith present it as one cheque to Ron Coote, it would only be a gesture, but going off after that game & not facing those verminous carnts face to face will be an all time low point in our great club's history, for me. I hope our next captain is bigger in all ways than our current one, can a real Easts man please stand up & take this club into our next great era. FFS they sent out Elliott to accept the trophy, say no more!

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post

Great player Yes

Well in this case the club deserve the bagging PWN. Why bother inviting the bloke for a presentation and having him make the effort for it when our management and players are not going to show him a little respect by actually making the effort to attend the presentation! As far as I'm concerned our players should have been forced to drag their sorry little arses back onto the field, look the victorious Vermin Filth in the eye and accept defeat graciously. Our players, if they any respect at all for the jersey, would have learned a lot more from having to suffer that than they would licking their wounds and hiding in the dressing sheds.

It's very poor form not making an appearance at your own event!! No one forced the club to invite Coote to the game and particpate in the trophy presentation.

Yet even more proof that our club is absolutely farked from the top down when we can't actually treat our own legends with a little respect and courtesy.

NC

Comment

wouldnt have happened with fitzy as capatain at least the vplayers respected him , but woops hes not greek so had to go?

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                    Well in this case the club deserve the bagging PWN. Why bother inviting the bloke for a presentation and having him make the effort for it when our management and players are not going to show him a little respect by actually making the effort to attend the presentation! As far as I'm concerned our players should have been forced to drag their sorry little arses back onto the field, look the victorious Vermin Filth in the eye and accept defeat graciously. Our players, if they any respect at all for the jersey, would have learned a lot more from having to suffer that than they would licking their wounds and hiding in the dressing sheds.

It's very poor form not making an appearance at your own event!! No one forced the club to invite Coote to the game and particpate in the trophy presentation.

Yet even more proof that our club is absolutely farked from the top down when we can't actually treat our own legends with a little respect and courtesy.

NC
                    Don't think it is excusable for Coote to bag the club either. It was heartbreaking loss that left everyone stunned, he should have known that, or was he cheering for souffs?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      wouldnt have happened with fitzy as capatain at least the vplayers respected him , but woops hes not greek so had to go?
                      The players do respect Anasta even if many here do not.
                      The Captaincy was taken from Fitzgibbon (incorrectly as every person in the world bar fittler would agree) by Fittler during his insane period while coaching. This was when he was insane even for Fittler who was a disgrace.
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

the dummy spit by the whole team, management and coaches is deplorable.not a fine example of sportsmanship nor a fine example to kids who go to the games with parents.imagine how many kids would have asked their parents where is the team mum and dad.
                        really, really disgraceful and shameful.things like this make a dent in the saying i am a proud east/roosters fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Julz View Post
                          Don't think it is excusable for Coote to bag the club either. It was heartbreaking loss that left everyone stunned, he should have known that, or was he cheering for souffs?
                          Julz, the fact remains that he was invited by the Roosters club to be involved in the presentation of the Cup, whether the team won or lost. And the fact that the Roosters players were not at the presentation is not acceptable.

I could never see the likes of Coote and Hastings not do the right thing by the club and attend an on-field presentation, even in the circumstances of Monday night.

Ron Coote is proably pissed off because he realises what a rabble the club that he played his guts out for has become and he's not happy about it. And I don't blame him.

I stress I don't blame the players for not thinking about presentation and just wanting to get into the sheds. I blame management for not having systems and resources in place to ensuring that the players didn't leave the field of play in the first place!! I mean fark me, how many lackies do we see wandering the sidelines before, during and after matches - couldn't just one of them have the smarts to block the exit and say 'hey guys, sorry but you have to stay on the field for the presentation of the Ron Coote Cup'.

NC
                          Last edited by novice chook; 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Souffs only showed up to the presentation because they thought they had finally won a cup...

Comment

Ron's always whinging about something.

Sonny-Bill, going back to the sheds, blah blah blah.

Shut it you silly old Coote.

Comment

We should revoke Ron's Hall Of Fame membership for making such a fuss.

Self important old buffoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X