• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine this was true.

Link: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/stuart-w...721-22h8y.html

July 22, 2012
    Danny Weidler

SBW a Smith fan
    BRIAN SMITH has been staving off board members and players at the club who don't want him there but there is a fairly important faction at the Roosters which does want him there and I'm not referring to his strongest supporter, chairman Nick Politis. When Sonny Bill Williams looked to join the club, his agent Khoder Nasser was wary of who would be coaching the side - but he has never had a concern with Smith. Nasser and Smith go back a a long way - through Anthony Mundine. Smith always had a good relationship with Mundine - he has been a regular at his fights and Mundine always speaks highly of Smith. There is no doubt Smith knew how to handle his character. Nasser always respected that and has told SBW he has nothing to fear. There are still directors who don't want Smith - and Craig Bellamy's name keeps getting a mention. And yes, Bellamy would be a very good fit at the Roosters - however, his price tag would not please their powerbrokers. Bellamy would need a $1m package and the Roosters board would have to think twice before agreeing to that. Bellamy lost some bargaining power with the Broncos' decision to keep Anthony Griffin - it was always tipped that Bellamy would end up at the Broncos one day. If Smith has a poor 2013, the chequebook may loosen - but with SBW and James Maloney coming, it's hard to see the Roosters having another poor year. They will have added motivation farewelling their favourite son Anthony Minichiello.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    but with SBW and James Maloney coming, it's hard to see the Roosters having another poor year

This bit is true...

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      This bit is true...
      LOL, mate imagine the meltdown here if $BW arrives and Smiffy is still the coach.

A part of me wants to see it.

IMO both Baloney and $BW (if he's signed) would've agreed to terms knowing Smiff will probably be the coach when they arrive. Only logic suggests that to me, as it would be mental for Politis or anyone (except AlFredo) to have been suggesting to say Baloney last season that Smiff wont be here next season when he arrives.

Some on here will surely blow a fuse if this eventuates.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Politis made it very clear that Smith will be seeing out his contract.

The positive side of players hating Smith is he is clearing out all the soft cocks who can't stand him. The same soft cocks who have destroyed our last few seasons and led us to a wooden spoon by blaming everyone else for their own pathetic attitudes.

I don't want these soft cocks having the satisfaction of getting another coach. It would be just a matter of time before they find another person to blame... Stuart, Finch, CA, Freddy, Mason, Myles, Carney, Smith... the list will go on forever.

Comment

Maloney - Baloney

Don't agree, but it's still gold stsae

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
            Politis made it very clear that Smith will be seeing out his contract.

The positive side of players hating Smith is he is clearing out all the soft cocks who can't stand him. The same soft cocks who have destroyed our last few seasons and led us to a wooden spoon by blaming everyone else for their own pathetic attitudes.

I don't want these soft cocks having the satisfaction of getting another coach. It would be just a matter of time before they find another person to blame... Stuart, Finch, CA, Freddy, Mason, Myles, Carney, Smith... the list will go on forever.
            I'm no smith fan but I agree, There's some whingers playing for us, suck it up and play!

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
              Link: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/stuart-w...721-22h8y.html

July 22, 2012
              Danny Weidler

SBW a Smith fan
              BRIAN SMITH has been staving off board members and players at the club who don't want him there but there is a fairly important faction at the Roosters which does want him there and I'm not referring to his strongest supporter, chairman Nick Politis. When Sonny Bill Williams looked to join the club, his agent Khoder Nasser was wary of who would be coaching the side - but he has never had a concern with Smith. Nasser and Smith go back a a long way - through Anthony Mundine. Smith always had a good relationship with Mundine - he has been a regular at his fights and Mundine always speaks highly of Smith. There is no doubt Smith knew how to handle his character. Nasser always respected that and has told SBW he has nothing to fear. There are still directors who don't want Smith - and Craig Bellamy's name keeps getting a mention. And yes, Bellamy would be a very good fit at the Roosters - however, his price tag would not please their powerbrokers. Bellamy would need a $1m package and the Roosters board would have to think twice before agreeing to that. Bellamy lost some bargaining power with the Broncos' decision to keep Anthony Griffin - it was always tipped that Bellamy would end up at the Broncos one day. If Smith has a poor 2013, the chequebook may loosen - but with SBW and James Maloney coming, it's hard to see the Roosters having another poor year. They will have added motivation farewelling their favourite son Anthony Minichiello.

Spot on, SBW has only signed for one year because of the coaching situation, he will wait and see who is next in line for the coaching job. As for baloney, I can't see what people see in him, at the Warriors he has a great pack of forwards in front of him and a creative halfback and still looks uninspiring and flat

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                Spot on, SBW has only signed for one year because of the coaching situation, he will wait and see who is next in line for the coaching job. As for baloney, I can't see what people see in him, at the Warriors he has a great pack of forwards in front of him and a creative halfback and still looks uninspiring and flat
                I suspect this has nothing to do with SBW signing for one year - SBW has over a million reasons to sign for one year and they are in Japan.

All things being equal he'll be back in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
                  I suspect this has nothing to do with SBW signing for one year - SBW has over a million reasons to sign for one year and they are in Japan.

All things being equal he'll be back in 2014.
                  Agree. Sonny doesn't want to sign on as an employee - he wants to be a contractor because it gives him flexibility to do what he wants without the NRL's approval.

Comment

I'm starting to think we should've signed SBW for more than 1 year.. It's gonna take him 1 year to get back in the groove and speed of the NRL. I also hope Maloney doesn't turn out like Sandow/Blair/Boyd.

Geez, 2013 is either gonna be a very successful year or a massive let down. We won't finish around 9th.. It's either gonna be top 8 or bottom 4.

Comment

i agree for us next season is either top four or boittom four? depends on the refs again i suppose?

Comment

Working...
                      X