Smith saga update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith saga update?

Take with a grain of salt if you like, but I got this story from someone today who should know what is going on.

Rejoice Fred69, Smithy will be going - I guess I don't owe you that blow-up Brian Smith doll after all.

Not sure when, might be this week or might not be till after seasons end. Matthew Elliot has been doing almost all of the one-on-one stuff with the players for a little while now, Smithy has been focused on strategy. You may have noticed on television that Smithy has not been in the dressing room for a while. Elliot will be the replacement if Smith goes before seasons end, and looking likely for 2013.
    I also heard that Rothfield might be in trouble for something he wrote recently - not sure what exactly but he has pissed someone off big time.
    Also, Pearce still may become a Tiger yet..

Flame away, I am fully expecting the abuse that some of you guys hurl at 'Oracle's' on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Steakface; 07-23-2012, 09:55 PM.

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
    Take with a grain of salt if you like, but I got this story from someone today who should know what is going on.

Rejoice Fred69, Smithy will be going - I guess I don't owe you that blow-up Brian Smith doll after all.

Not sure when, might be this week or might not be till after seasons end. Matthew Elliot has been doing almost all of the one-on-one stuff with the players for a little while now, Smithy has been focused on strategy. You may have noticed on television that Smithy has not been in the dressing room for a while. Elliot will be the replacement if Smith goes before seasons end, and looking likely for 2013.
    I also heard that Rothfield might be in trouble for something he wrote recently - not sure what exactly but he has pissed someone off big time.

Flame away, I am fully expecting the abuse that some of you guys hurl at 'Oracle's' on a regular basis.
    Not sure about Elliot taking over, I hope Rothfield gets ****ed up!

Comment

Appreciate your taking the time to share that bit of info Steakface.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

No abuse from me mate. I dont need to know your source like some belters. If people named their source then there would not be many sources left out there.

And I take your info for what it is. Something that is not proven and may or may not happen. But I have enough common sense to know that this is a forum, where people come to discuss opinions, rumours and goss. And thats why I come on here. As I said in a previous post, if you want fact...then go read a farkin encyclopedia!
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
          No abuse from me mate. I dont need to know your source like some belters. If people named their source then there would not be many sources left out there.

And I take your info for what it is. Something that is not proven and may or may not happen. But I have enough common sense to know that this is a forum, where people come to discuss opinions, rumours and goss. And thats why I come on here. As I said in a previous post, if you want fact...then go read a farkin encyclopedia!
          Thanks mate. I would say this forum is about 5% fact, 95% speculation. As you say, it is an opinion forum!

Comment

appreciate the input. the pearce to the tigers thing makes no sense to me - they have miller, sironen, tedesco to force moltzen out of fullback (And therefore into the halves), marshall and now anasta. what on earth will they do with pearce? If they take him I would happily snare a couple of their young blokes as a replacement but unlikely....

I dont know whether the smith/elliot news is good or bad. elliot is a dill. im happy with him as an assistant - someone with his experience is invaluable on a support staff but he does not have the capacity to lead us imo. taylor is far better equipped imo though I would be keen to keep an elliot on in a mentoring role

Comment

Any one but Elliott.

That guys is a loopy as Fittler, and we all nknow how loopy that is

Comment

Elliot being promoted would be a disaster, he like Bwian has had the profession of first grade coaching pass him by.

Taylor or Robinson, young and hungry, not sterile and senile Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                  Also, Pearce still may become a Tiger yet..
                  Let's hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                    appreciate the input. the pearce to the tigers thing makes no sense to me - they have miller, sironen, tedesco to force moltzen out of fullback (And therefore into the halves), marshall and now anasta. what on earth will they do with pearce? If they take him I would happily snare a couple of their young blokes as a replacement but unlikely....

I dont know whether the smith/elliot news is good or bad. elliot is a dill. im happy with him as an assistant - someone with his experience is invaluable on a support staff but he does not have the capacity to lead us imo. taylor is far better equipped imo though I would be keen to keep an elliot on in a mentoring role
                    Roz, for what it's worth - Jacob Miller is on the nose at WTigers. Sheens not keen on him.

Comment

Well matt johns just said pierce said its me or smith to mgt

Comment

Piss them both off.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
                          Roz, for what it's worth - Jacob Miller is on the nose at WTigers. Sheens not keen on him.
                          i assumed that much but even so, anasta and miller aside (1 out of favour, the other old and over the hill), marshall, moltzen and sironen are all proven at first grade and more than cover their halves. pearce? why would you bother. with a cap whats the point. i also believe that you can make do with 1 big money half with a supporting act as their partner - robson and carney, widdop and cronk, thurston and thompson, maloney and pearce. thats a smart balance imo so to have marshall and pearce on 600 odd is silly

Comment

Originally posted by morleythemauler View Post
                            Well matt johns just said pierce said its me or smith to mgt
                            WOW, if that's true.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                              Piss them both off.
                              Hey Ray, if you had to choose. Smith or Pearce. Which would it be? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X