No announcement yet.

Smith saga update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dislike Smith and Pearce has been my favourite player for awhile.

But if Pearce gave that ultimatum, goodbye to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
      Hey Ray, if you had to choose. Smith or Pearce. Which would it be? Just curious.
      He'll make a joke about having to pick between two turds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
        Hey Ray, if you had to choose. Smith or Pearce. Which would it be? Just curious.
        Piss of Smith and send Pearce to Newtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobs View Post
          I dislike Smith and Pearce has been my favourite player for awhile.

But if Pearce gave that ultimatum, goodbye to him.
          tend to agree but considering he has a year to run, and smith will almost certainly not have his contract renewed - at worst he sees it out, its a silly ultimatum to make. as much as i can see his perspective, making such claims mean you think not only you are bigger than your coach (your boss) but also the team itself. that cant be good...

Comment

Coming up next on nrlxtra

Comment

Brian Smith will leave the club one day...

At least this "rumour" is true... in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                Piss of Smith and send Pearce to Newtown.
                I almost included that it was Smith vs Pearce in first grade! I'll take your answer as Smith.

Comment

At this stage of the season, it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict Smiths demise. What I want to hear is when cause the rot is getting bigger and the season seems to be dragging on.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                    i assumed that much but even so, anasta and miller aside (1 out of favour, the other old and over the hill), marshall, moltzen and sironen are all proven at first grade and more than cover their halves. pearce? why would you bother. with a cap whats the point. i also believe that you can make do with 1 big money half with a supporting act as their partner - robson and carney, widdop and cronk, thurston and thompson, maloney and pearce. thats a smart balance imo so to have marshall and pearce on 600 odd is silly
                    I can only assume the following:

Moltzen = according to news wont be resigned
                    Miller = out of favour, as outlined
                    Sironen = too inexperienced to be a regular as yet
                    Marshall = if Moltzen goes, he may throw his toys and head off to the Warriors to replace Maloney. This has been rumoured at for some time
                    Anasta = will be in the backrow

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Marshall = if Moltzen goes, he may throw his toys and head off to the Warriors to replace Maloney. This has been rumoured at for some time
                      Plus another shoulder dislocation tonight, I can see his career being hampered this

Comment

Ok, I just found out apparently Moltzen has come to terms for another 3 years to play fullback. No idea what this means for Tedesco..

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Moltzen re-signed for 3 years a couple of weeks back.
                          From what I hear Pearce has issues with Anasta so I can't see him moving there. Plus Sironen is being groomed as their halfback. They won't risk losing him as Pearce would sign long term.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                            From what I hear Pearce has issues with Anasta so I can't see him moving there. Plus Sironen is being groomed as their halfback. They won't risk losing him as Pearce would sign long term.
                            exactly. moltzen has been re-signed, marshall wont go anywhere. sironen - prodigious talent - schoolboys captain, strong start to firsts injuries aside etc. if its about 'easing him in', youd think thats anasta's role as the over 30 rather than the early 20s pearce with a good 10 years in him yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                              Yeah, I thought that too. I will admit, the Tigers thing doesnt seem to make any sense, it's just what I got told. Pearce to the Dragons seems far more logical to me.. Perhaps Sheens is aiming for this:

1. Moltzen
                              6. Marshall
                              7. Pearce
                              11. or 12. Anasta

with Sironen as a utility

Comment

Dont forget 9.Farah

Comment

Working...
                                X