Smith mulling over Roosters captaincy: article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dice View Post
    You guys are reading too much into it. Smith was asked the question and answered it truthfully. Not sure what you expect him to say.
    something other than "I'll leave the decision up to Braith" ffs

Comment

What difference will it make if someone else leads us out for the rest of the year?

Comment

One has to remember that even though us supporters and even the coach don't think much of our current captain, our precious playing group does - thanks to being brainwashed by our current captain and those that matter. So Smith has to tread carefully otherwise the precious pandered majority will throw tantys again. After all, they have learned from the best - our current captain.

So Smith leaving it up to Braith puts the onus on Braith to prove that he is prepared to put the club before himself. Because if he is, he will realise it's time to hand the baton over to the person who will take us into next year. And if he doesn't, he will be shown up to be the self-interested SOB he's currently seen as by most supporters and I suspect the coach. Over to you Braith.

NC
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
          One has to remember that even though us supporters and even the coach don't think much of our current captain, our precious playing group does - thanks to being brainwashed by our current captain and those that matter. So Smith has to tread carefully otherwise the precious pandered majority will throw tantys again. After all, they have learned from the best - our current captain.

So Smith leaving it up to Braith puts the onus on Braith to prove that he is prepared to put the club before himself. Because if he is, he will realise it's time to hand the baton over to the person who will take us into next year. And if he doesn't, he will be shown up to be the self-interested SOB he's currently seen as by most supporters and I suspect the coach. Over to you Braith.

NC
          Leaders lead. And take unpopular decisions when required. Like Cleary at Penrith. He sets standards and expectations.

"It doesn't matter if you're Michael Jennings or Luke Lewis - I call the shots around here, and if you aren't prepared to go with that, there's the door"

Smith is no leader, and we are a farkin joke

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
            Leaders lead. And take unpopular decisions when required. Like Cleary at Penrith. He sets standards and expectations.

"It doesn't matter if you're Michael Jennings or Luke Lewis - I call the shots around here, and if you aren't prepared to go with that, there's the door"

Smith is no leader, and we are a farkin joke
            I think you will find Politis is our leader, not Smith. And that's why we are a farking joke. Because the coach is hamstrung by those above who have a vested personal interest in having our current captain continue on until the end of the year.

Smith knows the only way to rid Anasta of the captaincy is to maneovre him into giving it up himself. Let's see whether Anasta is man enough to do it.

NC

Comment

I think you will find Politis is our leader, not Smith. And that's why we are a farking joke. Because the coach is hamstrung by those above who have a vested personal interest in having our current captain continue on until the end of the year.

Smith knows the only way to rid Anasta of the captaincy is to maneovre him into giving it up himself. Let's see whether Anasta is man enough to do it.

NC
              what personal interest is that?

Comment

NC
                Ma'am, with the greatest respect, I hope you don't believe that he would do it willingly.

Out of his cold, dead hand as I've heard explained.

Comment

The personal interest that has meant we've been stuck with the bloke for at least one more season than the coach (and supporters) would have liked. The same personal interest that has the bloke still playing for the Roosters rather than Newtown, where his form dictates he should be playing. Our hierarchy have an unhealthy love of our current captain and I'm still pleasantly surprised he was allowed to leave us to join the Tiges in the first place. I can only assume that someone was overseas at the time and so couldn't exert the control he usually does in these situations.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook:235170
                    The personal interest that has meant we've been stuck with the bloke for at least one more season than the coach (and supporters) would have liked. The same personal interest that has the bloke still playing for the Roosters rather than Newtown, where his form dictates he should be playing. Our hierarchy have an unhealthy love of our current captain and I'm still pleasantly surprised he was allowed to leave us to join the Tiges in the first place. I can only assume that someone was overseas at the time and so couldn't exert the control he usually does in these situations.

NC
                    You post this as if it's fact NC.

The truth is, you wouldn't know your arsehole from a pop gun.

Comment

i have noticed that news papers are good for lighting fires. can any one else name one other good use of a news paper.

cant wipe your ass with it as it will more than likely leave a black stain like it does on your fingers when you turn the pages
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

LOL, reading the heading one could ass-u-me Smiff and Bwaiff are mulling up ready for a cruzy sessh on the wesleys.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I'd like to see cordner as our captain in 2013 or 2014.He may be young. but Nathan Cayless captained his club and country at a young age and played his entire carrer at the one club.

Comment

Working...
                          X