Unbearable and Infuriating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
    Comrade. Respect. However mate look at Canterbury. Nuffies last year like us this year - to premiership favourites. New players? A few. But obviously the appointment of a hard headed coach has made the difference in that club. Melbourne continually performs on the back of a great "spine" but much more importantly in my view is the coach.
    We need a hard headed coach - a bit of a weirdo - not a nice bloke who is smart with the words and the computer and mates with the players - but a crazy bloke like Hasler or Bellamy. A coach the players don't just like but respect and will walk through fire for. Again, I like Brian Smith - a genuine, smart articulate coach and a very nice bloke.

It has to be one of two scenarios happening here :
    (1) Our coach consistently doesn't have a plan to structure our play
    (2) Our coach doesn't have the ability to work with the players to get them to put it into practice

.. or a combination of both.
    I don't think it's (1). I think it's (2). Why? I don't know.
    If Des was here in our current situation we'd have a couple more wins but wouldn't be contenders. We've got problems outside the coach. Only way a new coach would get us out of the hole would be if he could have control of the team and not have interference from above

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Hasler obviously knows how to manage a bunch of prima donnas better than most. I don't reckon there would be too much politics when this guy is involved.
      Thats it Thirteen. You need a bloke to get these blokes working as a unit, with a passion to win and stuff out any prima donnas early. And he dont tolerate the political crap.

Comment

I was on another thread and someone was disrespectful to Mini.
        Thinking it through, no one dislikes Mini and we should appreciate his great service tothe club and his achievements. I suppose where the frustration lies is we, the fans, probably feel there is no direction in the club. No advisor to sit down with Mini and honestly tell him his speed is gone and his error rate is increasing and he should consider it time to retire from the NRL. Perhaps if we had faith in the management, and believe Mini was retiring, we would be more respectful and patient with his poor form. But we just don't see anything changing.
        Instead, we are sometimes rude through I believe, frustration. And this frustration is labelled at the coach and his team. I believe Smith either has NFI, his coaching team has NFI or he must be under orders from Nick and Nick cannot sack him if all this is his doing. In other words you can't sack an obidient servant for following your orders. Surely, we must have an honest inquiry into what is the core problem.
        Thoughts?
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          I was on another thread and someone was disrespectful to Mini.
          Thinking it through, no one dislikes Mini and we should appreciate his great service tothe club and his achievements. I suppose where the frustration lies is we, the fans, probably feel there is no direction in the club. No advisor to sit down with Mini and honestly tell him his speed is gone and his error rate is increasing and he should consider it time to retire from the NRL. Perhaps if we had faith in the management, and believe Mini was retiring, we would be more respectful and patient with his poor form. But we just don't see anything changing.
          Instead, we are sometimes rude through I believe, frustration. And this frustration is labelled at the coach and his team. I believe Smith either has NFI, his coaching team has NFI or he must be under orders from Nick and Nick cannot sack him if all this is his doing. In other words you can't sack an obidient servant for following your orders. Surely, we must have an honest inquiry into what is the core problem.
          Thoughts?
          I agree with this wholeheartedly. Frustration is exactly the feeling all year, if only somebody had the common sense to sit down and have that chat with Mini because it's so hard to watch him struggling like this. For the sake of his legacy and the club itself, he needs to retire at year's end. The club is seriously messed up from the board's incompetence right down to the players' attitudes, and the only way to fix the problems we have is to make some drastic changes. What those changes would be, I can't say I know for sure, but I can't see us succeeding under Smith for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
            You make some good points but your off the mark with others.
            Mini has been ordinary for 2 years. The media has hyped him up. They've kept him for this year and next due to salary cap benefits.
            SKD has had some injury problems this year. I think he still has looked dangerous with the ball. Can't blame him for the state we're in.
            Kennedy has been disgusting. I wonder if last seasons injury has affected him?
            Sam perret had to go. You can't pay $250k for a dummy half runner. I saw RTS do something in defence I still haven't seen Perret do.
            Sisa Waqa is not by any means a permanent player for Melbourne. It's been 3 years since we got rid of him. playing a few games now. Not sure why your bringing him up.
            Michael Crocker was a dirty dog that slept with one of our other players fiancé. I won't say who. The players wanted him out. Some say the players found out before the 2004 GF. I do know that they all new about it before the 2005 season. That's why he played so bad for us and so good for QLD.
            I do believe Smiths time should be over but I can't blame him for Martin Kennedy hitting a guy 30sec after they've knocked the ball on to give away a penalty? Some of these players need to take some of their own responsibility.
            Was she hot? If so, he can be forgiven, we all have a weakness for hot chicks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
              Was she hot? If so, he can be forgiven, we all have a weakness for hot chicks!!
              The player in question was much more handsome and far more likeable than Mick Crocker so she obviously wasn't a very discerning lady.
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                The player in question was much more handsome and far more likeable than Mick Crocker so she obviously wasn't a very discerning lady.
                Didn't he have big wing-nut ears?

Comment

Singo must be back smoking the weed again, he has nominated Mick Cronin for the new SOOO coach, Mick was a top player, and is a great bloke, but, at this stage of preceedings a SOO coach, trying to turn around 8 series of failure, or whatever it is, he isnt. Stick with newtown Singo, thats the way to go mate.

Comment

singo is too busy making money with geoff dixon and killing our alp government on his 2gb to be thinking rationally about footy!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      singo is too busy making money with geoff dixon and killing our alp government on his 2gb to be thinking rationally about footy!
                      the alp is doing a good job of killing itself

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                        Or getting off side with Johnny Ibs.
                        Last edited by John; 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X