Mini to the wing, RTS fullback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini to the wing, RTS fullback

Just watched the replay of the Eels match (I know a sucker for punishment) and noticed Mini was shafted to the right wing for the last 20 mins and RTS to fullback.

Surprisingly not much has been written here or said by anyone (media, commentators etc) about this.

What about the couple mini breaks RTS made with the couple touches he had. What an abdolute freak. Better than Barba !!!

I predict that the internet will melt today (after midnight, and I'm gonna let it all hang down) if Mini is put to the wing.

But it will also melt if he isn't.

Comment

It has been mentioned on here mate.

Hopefully it's a permanent thing when the line-up comes out...

Comment

There's an article in today's Tele.
        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
          There's an article in today's Tele.
          Correct.
          Looks at tho the tap on the shoulder has come.

Thank faaark for that.

Comment

No mention about Smith doing it, just Mini saying he'll be prepared to swap, is he the coach now, more of what is wrong in the joint, he should be at Newtown, not saying he'll swap now and then.

Comment

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226449640911

Comment

You have to laugh at these parts:

About the D line - ' But first grade our boys know know their job which makes it a lot easier.'

About mini - 'Remedying poor one-off display.'

Clearly this journo hasnt been watching our performances this season.
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

About the D line - ' But first grade our boys know know their job which makes it a lot easier.'

Almost choked on my breakfast when I read that at 4.30am

Comment

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt this a little daunting for a kid learning the ropes.

Wouldnt it be easier to give the boy a full game at fullback,instead of just changing things aroung with 20 mins to go and putting more pressure on him?

Reading this comment from Scheck led me to write this

"I was pretty shocked," Tuivasa-Sheck revealed.

"I looked at 'Mini' and said, 'Are we really swapping' and he said, 'Yep have a go'.

It just sounds like he had no idea it was happening and just got thrown in,surely Smith wouldve warned him before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                      Correct me if i am wrong but isnt this a little daunting for a kid learning the ropes.

Wouldnt it be easier to give the boy a full game at fullback,instead of just changing things aroung with 20 mins to go and putting more pressure on him?

Reading this comment from Scheck led me to write this

"I was pretty shocked," Tuivasa-Sheck revealed.

"I looked at 'Mini' and said, 'Are we really swapping' and he said, 'Yep have a go'.

It just sounds like he had no idea it was happening and just got thrown in,surely Smith wouldve warned him before the game.
                      No. It sounds like a kid on top of the world at the moment, being given a shot at his preferred position and taking that opportunity from one of the Roosters best ever fullbacks (granted not at the moment). Of course he was shocked.

Young guys can over think things and play their game before stepping onto the field. I think it was a great move by Smith, hopefully he gets a full game soon.

Comment

Give the bastard a shot.

He seems like he's the kind of player who could handle the heat.

Comment

Why not experiment for next year, its not like we have finals to miss out on.Just for fun I'd like us to go for a team like this:

1.RTS
                          2.Henry
                          3.Moga
                          4.SKD
                          5.Mini
                          6.Kheirallah
                          7.Pearce
                          8. JWH
                          9.Seleuini
                          10.Kennedy
                          11.Guerra/taka
                          12.Bosden
                          13.Cordner (c)

14. Aubo
                          15. Evans
                          16. Arona
                          17. Mortimer

why waste my breath when the side is going to be:

1 Anthony Minichiello, 2 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 3 Joseph Leilua, 4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall, 5 Tautau Moga, 6 Braith Anasta [c], 7 Mitchell Pearce, 8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 9 Jake Friend, 10 Frank Paul Nuuausala, 11 Brad Takairangi, 12 Mitchell Aubusson, 13 Boyd Cordner. Subs: 14 Daniel Mortimer, 15 Tinirau Arona, 16 Martin Kennedy, 17 Jack Bosden.
                          Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

It would be great to have RTS playing fullback with Mini on the wing to advise/help him. It would be like having a coach on the field for RTS. Can't hurt.

Mini is (was) also a good dummy half runner. We do miss this from Perrett. Our backs were pretty ineffective running out from our 20 metre line against Parra. They got smashed every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Spin worthy of the Red Queen and her Jersey girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X