This Seasons Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Seasons Problems

Ive coached rugby league for 30 years , heres my take on the season , 1,6,7,9 its the foundation of every footy side , our 1s running on old legs , our 6 is passed his use by date , our 7 through lack of guidance from his coach plays ad lib footy , our 9 loses his potency by playing to many mins with out a break , A lack of patience and control in possession and building pressure with last kick options or repeats is a major factor in this teams poor results , Control the middle win the game , Our forwards are the one,s who need a kick in the arse , games are not won on the edges and fringes , they are won through the middle with numbers 2s and or 3s hitting the line in 9 plays and or 6 and 7 plays , this puts the 1st three defenders in 2 minds and creates opportunities , half or full line breaks where the player hits his front and gets a fast play the ball is good ball , good ball gives our backs room and opportunities , its laughable that alot of people on this forum blame our backs when our engine room isnt doing there job , dont beileve me , check out there averages in meterage for the season , they have been dominated 100 meters is a rarity for our forwards combined with poor leadership from our halves

Agree with majority of what your saying. Rarely do our front rowers gain 150+ m per game. Good teams consistently have at least 3 forwards up or over 100+ m a game. We rely on scoots and 2nd rowers hitting the fringes too much. That's a good option but we need the big boys to roll through the middle and get quick play the balls to be more effective when we hit the fringes

Comment

I consider our 9 to be the biggest problem. Each tackle begins with the dummy half. Friend is too indecisive, lacks speed and creativity

Comment

I find it laughable that someone can claim 30 years coaching experience and still have such a simplistic point of view. I have zero years coaching experience and still know that if the backline is incapable of threatening the flanks then the opposition simply compress their defence and smash our forwards.

Comment

JWH, Mose, Tasi, are all impact players useful in short bursts, Kennedy is useless in any burst. We dont have the personel up front. Even if they were Tolman type props, Friend continuously runs down the blind, or his passes are so miscued and mistimed, even Tolman would be as ineffective as the above mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster09 View Post
            Ive coached rugby league for 30 years , heres my take on the season , 1,6,7,9 its the foundation of every footy side , our 1s running on old legs , our 6 is passed his use by date , our 7 through lack of guidance from his coach plays ad lib footy , our 9 loses his potency by playing to many mins with out a break , A lack of patience and control in possession and building pressure with last kick options or repeats is a major factor in this teams poor results , Control the middle win the game , Our forwards are the one,s who need a kick in the arse , games are not won on the edges and fringes , they are won through the middle with numbers 2s and or 3s hitting the line in 9 plays and or 6 and 7 plays , this puts the 1st three defenders in 2 minds and creates opportunities , half or full line breaks where the player hits his front and gets a fast play the ball is good ball , good ball gives our backs room and opportunities , its laughable that alot of people on this forum blame our backs when our engine room isnt doing there job , dont beileve me , check out there averages in meterage for the season , they have been dominated 100 meters is a rarity for our forwards combined with poor leadership from our halves
            What level do you coach?

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
              I find it laughable that someone can claim 30 years coaching experience and still have such a simplistic point of view. I have zero years coaching experience and still know that if the backline is incapable of threatening the flanks then the opposition simply compress their defence and smash our forwards.
              Time and space thats why half breaks through the middle are so vital a retreating defensive line that dosent have time to reload , centers and wingers are there for kick return sets and goodball sets that are created by their forwards , even though you havent coached it is simplistic thats why its not for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                What level do you coach?
                Im a high performance coach qualified to coach any NRL or International Team

Comment

Ny Thoughts

Pretty much agree, our spine is one of the worst in the comp, and our frontrowers are standing just behind the dummy half, when they take the pass, one step, and they are in the hands of the defence without any momentum built up, they are never going to bend the line, they need to be deeper, and take the ball at some pace, and hopefully hang on to the bloody thing.

I watched Manly make almost length of the field raids, with every set of six yesterday, and thought if only, our blokes were coached to do that. How clever was that short goal line drop out, late in the game, a thinking halfback, is worth his weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster09 View Post
                    Im a high performance coach qualified to coach any NRL or International Team

Comment

Yeh I agree a lot with the opening post.

The three areas we need to improve most are;
                      - Our creativity (for most teams it comes from the 5/8 & fullback)
                      - Our go forward up the middle
                      - Our defence

Improve those 3 things and we'll be a top 8 side again, until then we'll struggle to make the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                        Have another cone pal your quite clearly off your head or about to get slammed on it you tool

Comment

lol...how dare anyone take the piss out of your NRL qualifications?

Maybe you can enlighten me on why Carney made so much difference when he shifted to 5/8th in 2010? Did our forwards try harder or did Carney create more space for them?

Comment

Lack of discipline and bad team selections that both link to the coach. He is the bad apple and should leave along with Braith who has no creativity and is a weak link in a key position. Once we get a better coach our forwards can be taught to make more metres. We've seen glimpses of what they do but horrible discipline. This leads to incomplete sets, penalties, missed tackles etc. Then fans dont feel like going to the game which leads to a loss of revenue

Comment

It all starts with the basics. As in life, you get the basics right, you can work on the harder things.
                              our discipline is shocking. We give away penalties like clockwork when a team is on their 3rd or 4th tackle in their own 40m which piggy backs them downfield. We have a terrible completion rate. Hold the bloody ball. Maybe even have two runners, a decoy even, to put doubt in the opposition's mind. It is really that simple. Get the basic's right, and the rest will follow.
                              Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Working...
                              X