Smith should have one more year ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith should have one more year ..

He should be allowed to build the team, this takes time and he hasnt had enough yet, I think he needs anoher year to take advantage of the basics of what he is trying to do. He has a 3 year contract, he should be allowed to let the contract run its course and see his plans and work come to the top.
    The REAL! Spanner, never forgotten.

yes good thinking

Comment

he is a builder & cleaner and needs more time.

all this time i thought he was a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
        yes good thinking
        lol

Comment

he is a builder & cleaner and needs more time.

all this time i thought he was a coach.
          A coach to teach them how to play footy lol! ??? mate if they cant play fuggin football by the time they get to NRL 1st grade, they need to go back to park footy with the kiddies. A 1st grade coach isnt there to teach them how to play fugging footy hahahaha., they should already know how to play footy at NRL level, ahahaha, hes there to motivate, plan and pick up the peices if they loose and pat them on the back if they win, thats the job of a 1st grade coach, its also to identify talent, bring on that talent, install confidence in the player / team and place him in the team, if he thinks the player is able to contend with 1st grade.
          Last edited by Walshie's 9th Love Child; 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM.
          The REAL! Spanner, never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Walshie's 9th Love Child View Post
            A coach to teach them how to play footy lol! ??? mate if they cant play fuggin football by the time they get to NRL 1st grade, they need to go back to park footy with the kiddies. A 1st grade coach isnt there to teach them how to play fugging footy hahahaha., they should already know how to play footy at NRL level, ahahaha, hes there to motivate, plan and pick up the peices if they loose and pat them on the back if they win, thats the job of a 1st grade coach, its also to identify talent, bring on that talent, install confidence in the player / team and place him in the team, if he thinks the player is able to contend with 1st grade.
            whatever you think is the coaches role, he is failing because we are 3rd last in his 3rd in charge. The longer he is here, the worse we are becoming under him.

Comment

the captain of this saga
              he was a naughty bugga
              wasnt fit to shovel shit from one place to the otha

sex pistol soms it up for me
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

whatever you think is the coaches role, he is failing because we are 3rd last in his 3rd in charge. The longer he is here, the worse we are becoming under him.
                Put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

i agree, id like to see smith have his last year at coach without anasta, but with some excellent talent in the side, his style of ad lib attack will suit the likes of sbw!

Comment

so does the coach need some sort of building degree or diploma rather than a coaching degree?

Comment

I agree, let him see out his contract then judge him at the end of it. When was the last time a roosters coach actually saw out his contract? Maybe he really does have a master plan and we will see it next year. I mean, in his time here he's blooded a hell of alot of youngsters, some with alot of potential. It might just be next yr with a few good recruits that it all comes together. Its not like there are alot of coaches knocking on the door that are gonna do any better.Its not like we can get any worse, Right? Whats the worst that can happen, we get the spoon. Meh, big deal. At least he's been given a fair go and if it dont work out, then look for another coach. The management of our club saw fit to give out a 4 yr deal, let the coach see it out and see what happens. Honestly, how many coaches do we go through and it doesnt make us any better. 1 premiership in 37 years shows sack coach, hire new one, sack coach, hire new one, etc,etc isnt really working.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooder View Post
                        When was the last time a roosters coach actually saw out his contract?
                        The one before Smith, Brad Fittler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          The one before Smith, Brad Fittler.
                          Fittler wasn't a coach, he was an idiot playing at being a coach.

Chook.

Comment

Why the whole season Walshie?

If we are running bottom 4 after 6 weeks next season he has to go, my priority would be to clean Smith and Son out ASAP but I've come to the realisation that won't be happening so for me it's 6 weeks, if the signs aren't good then straight over to JT with him allowed to clean out any staff he doesn't want.

Comment

After seeing Smith in the sheds on the weekend at 1/2 time using Gatorade & water bottles to get his match plan across to the players says to me he may have coached 1 year to long.

Im all for the club to honour his contract but after seeing that plus the fact I feel he doesn't have the level of passion & desire needed to have a successful team I think he has to be moved on. Only my opinion.

The fact that every year he is here we get lower on the ladder is a major concern.

Comment

Working...
                              X