Smith should have one more year ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
    This. The truth is our players seem to be so dumb at times Smith needs any help he can get.
    It actually looked as though he has resorted to this because they just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
      It actually looked as though he has resorted to this because they just don't get it.
      Young, dum and full of.............

..........Potential?

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
        Young, dum and full of.............

..........Potential?
        Close........as backwards would say "POOtential".

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
          Thanks Cocko. Never picked you for one of Robins lapdogs.
          Don't ruin it Gree.......err, I mean Adz....

There are still believer's!
          Last edited by Greedy666; 08-22-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
            Reminds me of years back when I was at school. People in the lowest ranked English and maths classes would blame their teacher for their stupidity. Now come to think of it, they did have the weakest teachers teaching them, but still..........
            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

I wonder what it would take for smith to get the arse.

For e.g if he got into the eight next year but we were knocked out first week, would he still be there next year?

What if we didn't make the 8 next year?
              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Davos, I think most supporters are agreed that next year should be Smith's last. His 4 year deal expires at the end of 2013 and I'd be surprised if it was extended. He'd certainly have to excel I reckon for it to happen - top 4 rather than top 8 to start with.

NC
                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                  I wonder what it would take for smith to get the arse.

For e.g if he got into the eight next year but we were knocked out first week, would he still be there next year?

What if we didn't make the 8 next year?
                  At the end of next year he is off contract so the club will make a decision to renew or replace a long time before the playoffs.

I would be very surprised if he was renewed, not so much based on results but I believe he was always a one-contract signing.

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                    smith had little or no direct contact with the players for some time. That is a fact whether you like to pretend otherwise or not.
                    That's called a bye weekend mate.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• I think Smith has taken this lot of players as far as he can take them. I think a 4 yr deal was a poor option by Politis. Whether it be Smiths fault or the players fault it should not matter. We have not improved in any aspect in 2 yrs since making the grand final. Politis should take the coaching duties off Smith and put him in a directors role to allow someone younger with new ideas and training methods to take over and hopefully get the boys playing better. That's just my opinion but sadly I think the board is happy to let Smith see out his contract. I just hope we can be competitive next year and we see some improvement in the basic fundamentals of the game, our defence and discipline more so then anything.

Comment

• Change the coach, sack the coach, its the coach's fault, lets get a new coach ! shit thats a good idea, why the fug didnt I think about that > Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and even if we did change the coach, who would replace him ? give him and me a break for fug sake................
                        The REAL! Spanner, never forgotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by theticket View Post
                          Wow, this post reflects a lot of inside understanding of the team - are you the towel boy?
                          Cant tell you you who i am just trust the post and the good intention that it was wriitten in

Comment

• 'Sack the coach' is the first refuge of the idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              'Sack the coach' is the first refuge of the idiot.
                              'Sticking with a crap coach who is achieving poor results' would most definitely be the first refuge of the idiot!!!
                              The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                                'Sack the coach' is the first refuge of the idiot.
                                yeah right.

it's served the dogs very well when they sacked kevin moore. dont tell me you think they would be doing well this year if they didnt "sack their coach".

Comment

Working...
                                X