Mad Monday for Mini - 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Monday for Mini - 2 weeks

Sydney Roosters veteran Anthony Minichiello's season appears over after being handed a grade-three striking charge by the NRL Match Review Committee on Monday.

The charge means Minichiello will miss two matches if he opts to take the early plea following his hit on Canberra fullback Josh Dugan in Saturday's loss to the Raiders.

If Minichiello decides to fight the charge at the judiciary and loses, he will receive a three-game ban for the high shot on Dugan which resulted in the decorated fullback's 75th-minute send-off.

Only two rounds remain in the NRL and, with the Roosters out of finals contention, Minichiello is likely to have to wait until round one in 2013 to celebrate his 250th milestone game.

The Roosters have until midday (AEST) on Tuesday to enter a plea.

Thats 28 weeks too short.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

rts has a shot at the back ....yeh

take taka of the wing and put him where maubs plays

henry to the wing with skids and toups to the other wing with moga inside
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Lennon Bros haven't signed up our spectacular act yet?

Farkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Comment

The problem is that it is going to give him more incentive to play on next year just so that he can reach that milestone. Bugger!
          The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

No reason why he won't fight the charge.

If he wins, he might play in round 26. If he loses and gets the 3 weeks, well he'll just miss these 2 rounds and 1 trial game so really no different than taking the early plea.

Personally I hope he fights it and the panel decides it was actually worth a 12 month ban

Comment

Bootface will be pissed. Her face might crack.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                The problem is that it is going to give him more incentive to play on next year just so that he can reach that milestone. Bugger!
                That's what I said. But like many have pointed out I don;t think it will matter anyway as he will play on regardless as he seems to think his body can last at least another two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

If he wins, he might play in round 26. If he loses and gets the 3 weeks, well he'll just miss these 2 rounds and 1 trial game so really no different than taking the early plea.

Personally I hope he fights it and the panel decides it was actually worth a 12 month ban
                  Spot on Danish. Worth rolling the dice.

Pretty sad that it has come to this that a supporter would begrudge a Roosters champ from his 250th. True keyboard heros.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

What you have said is why they will fight it. I think he will only get a week for it.

Comment

why would you want a loss for your 250th game. i would prefer a win v souffs round 1
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post

Pretty sad that it has come to this that a supporter would begrudge a Roosters champ from his 250th. True keyboard heros.
                        These are the same idiots that are sooking they don`t get a vote in the
                        running our club with a $5 membership and demand on here our board to step down.
                        Thank fark Nick has it the way it currently is...

Comment

Braith said last night on NRL Extra that he thinks Mini & the club will fight it!

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post

Its for teh good of teh club. No man is greater than teh club. Especially one that makes a dozen errors a game and costs us.
                            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I see Hornby has announced his retirement, this is a guy who just won a premiership and was playing in a top team. He is the club captain and has a contract for next season. But his and the teams form has dipped so he does the honourable thing and walks away.

Well done Ben.

Comment

Working...
                              X