Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT on the obstruction rule

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...e-3574734.html

The man is a genius! Make him coach now.

Comment

Taylor is the man to coach the roosters imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
        The man is a genius! Make him coach now.
        Definitely. He has a very good "Footy Brain". He can make things happen and fix up the thing we are at the moment calling "defence".
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Jason Taylor seems typical of the pivot gen x coaches that are now pottering about the scene.
          You could throw kimmorley, lam,dymock etc into the mix.

He had a crack and didn't succeed.

For that alone he needs more years in an apprentice role.
          He should never have been out with the players the night he was smashed up.

I personally cannot trust a man who resembles Barry gommersal that much.
          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

But does he want to take the job from Brian Smith, that's probably more the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
              But does he want to take the job from Brian Smith, that's probably more the question.
              I am sure he would.. The thing is it takes more than a good football brain to be a good coach which I am sure he has. How does he cope with the intense pressure? How does he relate and communicate with the players? Can he sufficiently motivate those around him? There is a lot more to coaching than just having football smarts.

Comment

Summed up the situation perfectly.

Those subtle obstructions that lead to tries can go unnoticed but when highlighted upon they should of all been penalties.

For instance, the one that Idris scored against us - I'm sure everyone was screaming at our players calling it such a soft try blah blah, but when a key defender is subtly taken out 10 metres out from our tryline with a rampaging Idris taking advantage of the hole can give that illusion of a soft try, when it was in fact illegally created for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
                  Summed up the situation perfectly.

Those subtle obstructions that lead to tries can go unnoticed but when highlighted upon they should of all been penalties.

For instance, the one that Idris scored against us - I'm sure everyone was screaming at our players calling it such a soft try blah blah, but when a key defender is subtly taken out 10 metres out from our tryline with a rampaging Idris taking advantage of the hole can give that illusion of a soft try, when it was in fact illegally created for him.
                  From memoryThe Idris try was actually referred upstairs and given the green light
                  We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                  Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I don't know if I agree with Taylor though.

I don't think the obstruction rule is any easy fix at all.

Unless you ban decoys, it's always going to be subjective.

I think the rule is a mess, and the way it's being policed is appalling. But short of ditching decoys (and who's going to suggest that this late in the season?) I don't know what Harrigan can do about it.

Say what you will about Bill - he's arrogant, a show pony etc - but he's no dill.

I don't envy him in this situation.

Comment

We have horrible defense and discipline. JT Is a defensive coach. Problem fixed. But id rather Dymock. Stone would also be a good option I mean he made the finals with the Knights with a ver average sqaud. They actually had a more average squad than they do now.

Comment

He talks about wanting a black or white solution and then offers up "can't gain an advantage"?

Define 'gain an advantage'? I bet if you asked 10 people they'll all give you 10 different answers. Therefore how can it be black or white?
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

There is no black and white solution.

There rarely ever is. But in this case, there definitely isn't. Unless they ban decoys, it's always going to be a discretionary lottery.

Comment

Can pass behind a decoy. Can't run behind a decoy. Simple.

Comment

Working...
                            X