X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey roorters shut up, you will never be the man your mother was

Comment

Originally posted by Roorters View Post
      Easy if you haven't worked this out you don't know how a forum operates. By sticking to the forum rules and guidelines I have don't nothing wrong, just sharing my point of view in a open forum.
      Some people struggle to understand this concept
      When you trust your television
      what you get is what you got
      Cause when they own the information
      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

dont disrespect union so much, its a brilliant game without 2 refs or a strange video ref? i welcome sbw to easts and hope we get two great seasons out of him
        i think hes done a lot of maturing in the last few years, the steadying mature influence of rugby has done that!

Comment

Union is diabolical.

It's rubbish.

I think it's indefensible.

In this country, people like it for cultural reasons alone. It's a class decision.

As far as the standard of the two games go, there is no comparison.

Let's be honest.

Comment

The only good part about the test match last weekend were the scarce moments NZ put on a league-like backline movement and scored off it. Thank God league is the main sport here.

Comment

none could accuse me of loving union for class reasons, im a proud leftie grew up in a working class suburb called paddington, it was then, ive played both codes in first grade, loved both but preferreed playing union more, howeverf i do follow the roosters as a member as well as coaching rugby and playing golden oldies rugby, both codes although sharing a skill set have unique playing differences and cultures, union is much more a team game whereas league is much more one on one? i do get a good laugh out of league swcrums though and the obvious bias shown against the roosters by referees is duplicated by some nationalities in union at the national level, althoughts probably more a reflection on how the game is played in their country? union is not just a more international game for no reason?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                none could accuse me of loving union for class reasons, im a proud leftie grew up in a working class suburb called paddington, it was then, ive played both codes in first grade, loved both but preferreed playing union more, howeverf i do follow the roosters as a member as well as coaching rugby and playing golden oldies rugby, both codes although sharing a skill set have unique playing differences and cultures, union is much more a team game whereas league is much more one on one? i do get a good laugh out of league swcrums though and the obvious bias shown against the roosters by referees is duplicated by some nationalities in union at the national level, althoughts probably more a reflection on how the game is played in their country? union is not just a more international game for no reason?
                Song for you Steve.

Is it sacrilege to say I prefer this version to Lennon's?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                  I agree completely mate, but there is no point.

Heads in the sand.

I mean, I can't stand soccer, but I'm not going to run around telling everyone it's a shit game and indefensible - I'd just look stupid, because half the fuucking world plays it.

Comment

Yawnion is a low game..

When ex-internationals don't even know the rules,or why a penalty was given,there are serious problems with the fabric of the game..

It's just about irrelevant in this country now..

Under 20's out rates it..

Comment

I'm just speaking out of experience... it was a snore fest when watching it ... I just did not see what was exciting about it apart from looking out for SBW and the gameplan NZ had .. but half the game was taken up by standing around, kicking into touch and goal kicking.

Maybe it's just one of those games you need to invest an interest in to appreciate it and have the patience.

Maybe the Wallabies game plan added to it? They seemed to just try barging over the whole game when it looked to me that there were acres of space outwide to score with a simple backline shift?

Comment

Going back to the original topic and article, the headline does not match SBW's quotes, to me it just sounds like a guy who is sad to be moving on (understandable when you win every week) and may return at a later date so is making diplomatic comments. He doesn't say a thing about regretting coming back to the NRL.

Comment

Union is a great game, the only bad thing about it is Australian Rugby Union (Wallabys and Super15 teams).
                          The All Blacks are one of the greatest sporting teams in the world.
                          I wish NSW played with 25% of the passion they do.
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            Union is a great game, the only bad thing about it is Australian Rugby Union (Wallabys and Super15 teams).
                            The Blues showed plenty of passion this year.. It was the lack of talent in key positions which let us down again

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                              SBW should bring a few sample bottles of that passion with him to share around...

Comment

Sonny Bill Williams is a current all black,a winner of a world cup,soon to be winner of a bledisloe cup a member of the chiefs title winning team and reverved in NZ Rugby.If you were sonny bill would you walk away from all this to honour a handshake agreement made with a friend 3 years ago.Sonny is honouring that deal made with nick and to me that says a lot about the man.Forget about what happened at the bullscum they were screwing him over big time.Sonny Bill is an honourable man and will be one of the best footballers and also one of the best blokes to pull the jumper over thier heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X