Sonny Bill Williams regrets agreement to return to NRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
    Sonny Bill Williams is a current all black,a winner of a world cup,soon to be winner of a bledisloe cup a member of the chiefs title winning team and reverved in NZ Rugby.If you were sonny bill would you walk away from all this to honour a handshake agreement made with a friend 3 years ago.Sonny is honouring that deal made with nick and to me that says a lot about the man.Forget about what happened at the bullscum they were screwing him over big time.Sonny Bill is an honourable man and will be one of the best footballers and also one of the best blokes to pull the jumper over thier heads.
    It looks like he will keep his word with Nick but it will be for only 1 season I think. He will be able to demand to much money from Union & he just wont be able to say No, no matter how much he loves Rugby League. Plus his management have brained washed him into believing that you should only be loyal to yourself & that you are only a sportsman for a short time so you have to look after yourself & family & make as much money as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
      So, you're happy to have a stab in the dark at what question might have been asked, but when it comes to him walking out on a deal, you talk about people not knowing what might or might not have gone on behind closed doors.

Lots of guessing, all slanted to agree with your point of view
      Seriously.....think about it. You're currently working for coke but you have an agreement to go and work for Pepsi that isn't actually official yet and somebody asks you how great coke is....what are you going to say? I wish I was already at Pepsi cause it rocks! Of course you're going to say how much you have enjoyed coke and how sad it is to leave. Only a moron can't recognise this story for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
        It looks like he will keep his word with Nick but it will be for only 1 season I think. He will be able to demand to much money from Union & he just wont be able to say No, no matter how much he loves Rugby League. Plus his management have brained washed him into believing that you should only be loyal to yourself & that you are only a sportsman for a short time so you have to look after yourself & family & make as much money as you can.
        I doubt NZRU would pay SBW half his earnings from both Jap Rugby and League.
        NZRU would certainly stop his $800k Yen...

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
          I doubt NZRU would pay SBW half his earnings from both Jap Rugby and League.
          NZRU would certainly stop his $800k Yen...
          spanner you are talking to me, can you simplify that?

Comment

spanner you are talking to me, can you simplify that?
            It means if SBW was to return to Union,for any time more than one year,the All Balcks would top up his Super 15 contract by $200 -$300k tops and will give them exclusive playing rights,meaning a 12 game annual sojourn to Japan for $800k a season would cease.
            Basically,his plan has him earning double his current Union deal by coming back to league on one year contracts whilst flying off to root geisha girls each off season,whilst still legal with the NRL.

Comment

It means if SBW was to return to Union,for any time more than one year,the All Balcks would top up his Super 15 contract by $200 -$300k tops and will give them exclusive playing rights,meaning a 12 game annual sojourn to Japan for $800k a season would cease.
              Basically,his plan has him earning double his current Union deal by coming back to league on one year contracts whilst flying off to root geisha girls each off season,whilst still legal with the NRL.
              Yep Yep I get you but what if he only signs 1 year contracts with the NZRL? You said "for any time more than one year".

Comment

Yep Yep I get you but what if he only signs 1 year contracts with the NZRL? You said "for any time more than one year".
                You mean the NZRU?If so he would only play Super 15 Rugby,as his All Black national upgrade contract would have him playing Test matches overseas at the same time as the Japan competition is on.

Comment

You mean the NZRU?If so he would only play Super 15 Rugby,as his All Black national upgrade contract would have him playing Test matches overseas at the same time as the Japan competition is on.
                  Sorry I meant NZRU & now I get you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                    What a load of Telegraph nonsense.

He's not had any qualms about walking away from commitments in the past. Even when they're signed, sealed and delivered.

Let's face it, if you're not playing NRL you're not playing football. All Black or no All Black, who'd want to waste their talents in Union?
                    Bingo! He chased dollars, not the game. Yawnion is as boring as batshit!

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                      I agree completely mate, but there is no point.

Heads in the sand.

I mean, I can't stand soccer, but I'm not going to run around telling everyone it's a shit game and indefensible - I'd just look stupid, because half the fuucking world plays it.
                      Half the world?

It's only the dominant code in NZ and SA. That's it.

And just because it's international doesn't mean it's better. What does it matter if the teams are national or regional or local? Serioulsy?

Look at the NFL, MLB and NBA in the States. They're not international. No one can accuse those competitions of being inadequate.

Union people go on about the game like it's god's gift. Literally god's gift. 'The game they play in heaven.'

Please.

If that's what heavens like, send me to hell.

Comment

Half the world?

It's only the dominant code in NZ and SA. That's it.

And just because it's international doesn't mean it's better. What does it matter if the teams are national or regional or local? Serioulsy?

Look at the NFL, MLB and NBA in the States. They're not international. No one can accuse those competitions of being inadequate.

Union people go on about the game like it's god's gift. Literally god's gift. 'The game they play in heaven.'

Please.

If that's what heavens like, send me to hell.
                        BlindFreddy referred to soccer as the game 1/2 the world play.

Comment

We all know SBW loves the limelight. If we dont win games and attract fans he will do well to last the season. He will not want to play at the SFS in front of 6000 fans while the refs are hammering him. I would be looking very carefully at limiting escape clauses if I was Politis. If Smith stays, we gotta hope that SBW and Maloney are worth 20 points a game because that's the type of improvement we need. Smith does not get anywhere near that with this group of players.

Comment

BlindFreddy referred to soccer as the game 1/2 the world play.
                            Oh right.

My mistake.

Comment

This Bledisloe is unwatchable.

Three penalties make up the half time score.

The game is an abomination.

Comment

This Bledisloe is unwatchable.

Three penalties make up the half time score.

The game is an abomination.
                                Get Fox then you can watch Super Saturday instead of that rubbish.
                                I have never watched a full Wallaby game in my life. If it is on where I am then I am somewhere that I have no control over. Even when it is on in front of me I dont watch it, I just start thinking about other things.

Comment

Working...
                                X