Bellamy's coaching future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellamy's coaching future

one way or another we will find out in about 8 weeks whether Uncle Nick has been able to tie Bellamy down as coach for 2014.

Bellamy knows with Slater/Smith starting to get towards the end of their careers that the golden age in Melbourne is coming towards an end, he is making all the noises that he will leave the Storm after 2013, the question will be whether it will be Raiders/Broncos/Warriors/Roosters/St Merge.

for those thinking Uncle Nick will promote JT to coach and move Smith upstairs as soon as the season ends, if that happened it would be a clear indication that Nick has failed in attracting Bellamy for 2014 because he would just let Smith see out his contract before the change over.

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    one way or another we will find out in about 8 weeks whether Uncle Nick has been able to tie Bellamy down as coach for 2014.

Bellamy knows with Slater/Smith starting to get towards the end of their careers that the golden age in Melbourne is coming towards an end, he is making all the noises that he will leave the Storm after 2013, the question will be whether it will be Raiders/Broncos/Warriors/Roosters/St Merge.

for those thinking Uncle Nick will promote JT to coach and move Smith upstairs as soon as the season ends, if that happened it would be a clear indication that Nick has failed in attracting Bellamy for 2014 because he would just let Smith see out his contract before the change over.
    Bellamy will be under alot of pressure from Cronk, Smith and Slater to stay as he has always preached to them about sticking together. Each of those players still have three or four more seasons left in them, no question. They also have unfinished business.

I would be surprised if he left. Personally for the benefit of the club if he is to leave at any stage it should be at the end of this contract with a smooth transition to one of his assistants like Roos did with Longmire at the Swans. It would give the new coach the support of the big three in changing the dynamics of the team for life after them.

Comment

For the record I don't think there will be a decision within 8 weeks, be lucky to have it finalised by the start of next season.

Comment

Listening to him on the news it sounded like he would consider a change in 2013.

Comment

Getting in a $1.3+ million/season bidding war with Eric Watson and partners for Bellamy would be a fatal error by Politis, after Bellamy finishes signing up all his assistants etc we'll be paying $2.5million+/season in coaches, simply ridiculous for someone unproven without a squad miles over the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
            Getting in a $1.3+ million/season bidding war with Eric Watson and partners for Bellamy would be a fatal error by Politis, after Bellamy finishes signing up all his assistants etc we'll be paying $2.5million+/season in coaches, simply ridiculous for someone unproven without a squad miles over the cap.
            I wouldn't say unproven elo. The storm won the minor premiership last year and came within a whisker of the GF. This year they were coming first for a fair portion of the season and currently sit in 2nd spot, both years with a 100% legit side unlike some other teams!

I would be filthy with the storm for their salary cap cheating, but the thing is the players who were getting all the big kick backs were mainly Inglis, Smith, Folau and Slater. They were players that started out at the storm as young nobodies and developed at the storm under Bellamy. Plus the storm are not the only team to be rorting the salary cap!
            The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Craig Bellamy is the type of coach that demands Respect... And Gives Respect

HE Will with no doubt get the best out of each and every player!!!

Pearce will Improve dramatically under him with guidance and strict guidlines which Bellamy Implements....

He believes in structured play which i am a big fan of!!

Comment

Bellyache saw the writing on the wall when News abandoned the Storm. Pastures new and all that.

If he comes here and brings that near psychotic work ethic with him (including the building site boot camp) I will welcome him gladly.

We need someone like him, a right bastard but a brilliant coach.

Comment

He looks smelly and is comfortable with the dubious art of cheating.

No doubt some club will ply him with riches and he will get another gig - I just hope it aint Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    He looks smelly and is comfortable with the dubious art of cheating.

No doubt some club will ply him with riches and he will get another gig - I just hope it aint Easts.
                    Fill me in, how do you look smelly?

There is NO way in the world I could see Bellamy coaching the Roosters whilst Nick is in charge.

Bellamy wouldn't coach at a club that the Chairman of the Board has a say in who gets picked or who is captain

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                      simply ridiculous for someone unproven without a squad miles over the cap.
                      Do you think any of Jack Gibson's premiership winning teams would've been under the cap?

Comment

Silly? Ray of sunshine... the only cap they had in those days were on their heads...

Comment

I can't see Bellyache and the warriors being a good fit. His intensity is just too much for the laid back lifestyle of the warriors. If he could get them to buy into his philosophy you can imagine with all the talent available over there the Warriors could become unstoppable.
                          I'd love to have him at the Chooks, he would really pull the players into line but I don't think he will come.

Comment

Yet you think Gibson was a great coach. The coaches who coached the wealthy teams always won the premierships.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                              Do you think any of Jack Gibson's premiership winning teams would've been under the cap?
                              Irrelevant really, but hypothetically if all teams were under a salary cap back then Jack still would have won premierships as he was a tier above his competitors.

Bellamy's record without Cameron Smith is horrific, Matt Johns on many an occasion has said Cameron is a far more influential person in the Melbourne Storm system - Cameron runs most of the video sessions, creates the set plays, if he tells a team mate to jump, they jump - I'd rather the club throw the millions at him, in the premise of him going into coaching after he retires from playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X