No announcement yet.

Bellamy's coaching future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'm saying is that the clubs who had the most money always won the comp, it's a fact. I think Gibson was a great coach but he was sure helped by the roster he had. Although Bellamy had an illegal team he still showed what a good coach he is. I'd have him at the Roosters in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
      All I'm saying is that the clubs who had the most money always won the comp, it's a fact. I think Gibson was a great coach but he was sure helped by the roster he had. Although Bellamy had an illegal team he still showed what a good coach he is. I'd have him at the Roosters in a heartbeat.
      Did he though?

As NSW Origin coach he was rubbish, when Cameron Smith was out for the Grand Final a few years back they got lapped by 40. I'm not convinced he is anywhere near as important to Melbourne as Smith is.

Buy Smith, fark Bellamy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
        I can't see Bellyache and the warriors being a good fit. His intensity is just too much for the laid back lifestyle of the warriors. If he could get them to buy into his philosophy you can imagine with all the talent available over there the Warriors could become unstoppable.
        I'd love to have him at the Chooks, he would really pull the players into line but I don't think he will come.
        The Warriors club culture was very good under Cleary in the end . Cleary is no soft cock, he had intensity & was able to instill discipline & accountability in that side part of that was done by signing Australian players. Cleary moves on & they sign a Kiwi softcock Matt Elliott style coach who had NFI.
        You put Bellamy over at the Warriors & he has a whole country to choose from & by the way more & more kids in NZ are playing Rugby League plus the introduction of a few Aussie players like Hinchcliff, Neilsen & maybe Hoffman plus he could also take someone like Widdop & 2 Kiwi's he already has in Duffie Proctor with him.

Im actually worried about the viability of the NRL & having the Warriors in the comp if Bellamy go's there. I can see Bellamy going there & the Warriors winning the comp most years.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
          Did he though?

As NSW Origin coach he was rubbish, when Cameron Smith was out for the Grand Final a few years back they got lapped by 40. I'm not convinced he is anywhere near as important to Melbourne as Smith is.

Buy Smith, fark Bellamy.
          He's built that team around Smith, there's no wonder they have a poor record without him.

Smith has revolutionised the dummy half role underneath Bellamy. His halves & fullback are all dependent on Smith organsing the side.

Even Bennett had a less complimentary record without Lockyer, it's inevitable when you loose one of the greatest players in the history of the game who you've built your side around.

Also we're hiring him to be a club coach not a SOO coach, the two are very, very, very different roles imo.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
            Did he though?

Buy Smith, fark Bellamy.
            IMO no other coach in the NRL would still have a competitive team if you lost all within 2 or 3 years the likes of Crocker, Lima, White, Folou, Inglis, Hoffman, Chambers, Johnson, Finch, Turner, Tomane, Tolman, Blair, Kaufusi, King & Jake Webster . Some clubs loss 3 players & they fall into a heap bringing out the old "we are in a rebuilding phase".

Add to that developing the big 3 plus he has also developed Chambers, Neilsen, Duffie, Proctor, Manu, Bromwich, O'Neil & Widdop & bought no names like Hinchcliff, Norrie, Lowrie & Kostjasyn to a team that is in AFL heartland & been able to be fairly successful. Now if there are people out there who think Bellamy cant coach you really are in denial.

My predicament is that if C Bellamy takes up the job as head coach at the Warriors that within 2 years they will be winning the comp most years. Like 4 times in 6 years.

Comment

While Smith means something, they miss more when Slater is out.
              That is for the very reasons you say they miss Smith. Its actually Slater that runs the plays and infact has been the Melbourne backline coach for several years.

Smith is getting found out and will not be the media darling for that much longer as the other players in the game are sick to the teeth of his filth.
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                I think those Souths players from the late 60's/early 70's will be dismayed to find out that their club was actually rich and they didn't benefit from it!

Comment

As far as SOO coaching was concerned, Bellamy said he "Didn't like coaching against his boys". We all know they were in key positions.
                  Can't see him coming here if he doesn't have total control.
                  Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    While Smith means something, they miss more when Slater is out.
                    That is for the very reasons you say they miss Smith. Its actually Slater that runs the plays and infact has been the Melbourne backline coach for several years.

Smith is getting found out and will not be the media darling for that much longer as the other players in the game are sick to the teeth of his filth.
                    Cameron and Billy have been given free reign by Smellamy to coach as he is winding down his commitments to Melbourne and WILL NOT be coming to Bondi. I would rather have Des Hasler than Mr Spray it Don't Say it as a coach. He's the most ungracious man ever to walk the earth and has the charisma of an alley cat. Hasler gets the job done and only the dressing room doors suffer, not the players.
                    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

It can't be worse than the rubbish we have now

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        He's built that team around Smith, there's no wonder they have a poor record without him.

Smith has revolutionised the dummy half role underneath Bellamy. His halves & fullback are all dependent on Smith organsing the side.

Even Bennett had a less complimentary record without Lockyer, it's inevitable when you loose one of the greatest players in the history of the game who you've built your side around.

Also we're hiring him to be a club coach not a SOO coach, the two are very, very, very different roles imo.
                        Spot on Rooster_6! You take the key player out of any side and they will struggle! I don't get either why people still keep crapping on about when Bellamy coached SOO, it is completely irrelevant when it comes to success at coaching in the NRL!!
                        The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                          IMO no other coach in the NRL would still have a competitive team if you lost all within 2 or 3 years the likes of Crocker, Lima, White, Folou, Inglis, Hoffman, Chambers, Johnson, Finch, Turner, Tomane, Tolman, Blair, Kaufusi, King & Jake Webster . Some clubs loss 3 players & they fall into a heap bringing out the old "we are in a rebuilding phase".

Add to that developing the big 3 plus he has also developed Chambers, Neilsen, Duffie, Proctor, Manu, Bromwich, O'Neil & Widdop & bought no names like Hinchcliff, Norrie, Lowrie & Kostjasyn to a team that is in AFL heartland & been able to be fairly successful. Now if there are people out there who think Bellamy cant coach you really are in denial.

My predicament is that if C Bellamy takes up the job as head coach at the Warriors that within 2 years they will be winning the comp most years. Like 4 times in 6 years.
                          The Bellamy bashers on here never take any of that into consideration!! The way Bellamy had the storm continue to perform in 2010 after the whole salary cap saga and being told that they could no longer accumulate points was nothing short of remarkable and again the Bellamy bashers give him no credit at all for!! If the storm were allowed to accumulate points they would have finished ahead of us.

Why ever any Roosters supporter would want Smiffy ahead of Bellamy coaching us is beyond me!! Shows total lack of footballing intelligence!!!
                          The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Working...
                          X