No announcement yet.

One of the great Rooster moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stated in another thread today that this moment showed that they were finally playing as a team, 'for the team'...
    Defence was superb for the most part of the game, they just kept showing up, with few lapses...
    Discipline was outstanding...
    Individual honours meant nothing...
    Great team effort & game today fellas...

Comment

It was a truly great moment, and judging from his reaction, Mini was very appreciative.

I know the whole team played well today, but seriously how good did JWH and Marty Kennedy go today. Neither took a backward step, and really gave us some great go forward. If they along with the other forwards can do this consistently, we will go places in the next couple of years.
      My prediction is a top 8 finish next year (probably around 5th or 6th) and then the premiership will be ours in 2014.

We have got some really exciting youngsters, who with a bit more experience will rack up some impressive wins in the next few years. I mean Stevie Wonder can see guys like Boyd Cordner and Tau Tau Moga are special players that we need to sign long term, but after the crap wingers we have had over the last few years it's hard not to get excited about the performance of Toupou today, he looked great with good speed, good in the air and an ability to finish a backline movement for a try. Even the bomb that he dropped was because Donkey Ass Mule (Utai) ran into him as he was going for the catch.

Felt sorry for Seluini who never got on the park, but he looks like a real team player as after the game he looked really happy with the win and didn't appear to be kicking stones.

There is a lot to like about our future, especially when you add in the likes of Maloney, SBW and Oldfield.

Comment

Nice touch from Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post

Felt sorry for Seluini who never got on the park, but he looks like a real team player as after the game he looked really happy with the win and didn't appear to be kicking stones.
          You reminded me of that time James Aubbo was sidelined and he had a sulking face on the bike. Can't remember what game it was though.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
            It was a truly great moment, and judging from his reaction, Mini was very appreciative.

I know the whole team played well today, but seriously how good did JWH and Marty Kennedy go today. Neither took a backward step, and really gave us some great go forward. If they along with the other forwards can do this consistently, we will go places in the next couple of years.
            My prediction is a top 8 finish next year (probably around 5th or 6th) and then the premiership will be ours in 2014.

We have got some really exciting youngsters, who with a bit more experience will rack up some impressive wins in the next few years. I mean Stevie Wonder can see guys like Boyd Cordner and Tau Tau Moga are special players that we need to sign long term, but after the crap wingers we have had over the last few years it's hard not to get excited about the performance of Toupou today, he looked great with good speed, good in the air and an ability to finish a backline movement for a try. Even the bomb that he dropped was because Donkey Ass Mule (Utai) ran into him as he was going for the catch.

There is a lot to like about our future, especially when you add in the likes of Maloney, SBW and Oldfield.
            Yeah i heard this, I guess Dream Team stuffed it up though, because they said that Seluini made 1 tackle, which is impossible if he didnt get on

Comment

Originally posted by ocey View Post
              You reminded me of that time James Aubbo was sidelined and he had a sulking face on the bike. Can't remember what game it was though.
              I remember Roosters vs Tigers QF in 2010, he was in tears on the sideline and his family were comforting him

Comment

Originally posted by ocey View Post
                The was the game before the grand final in 2010 against the Titans.

He had a cry on Mummy's shoulder (although he couldn't have possibly gone any worse in the GF that Lopini Peaheart)

Comment

Originally posted by camdaman View Post
                  Yeah i heard this, I guess Dream Team stuffed it up though, because they said that Seluini made 1 tackle, which is impossible if he didnt get on
                  It's not impossible, if it was the 2010 GF he would have tackled Morris without ever having to get off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB23 View Post
                    It's not impossible, if it was the 2010 GF he would have tackled Morris without ever having to get off the bench.
                    LOL
                    Very good.

Comment

Working...
                    X