More frustrated than over the moon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More frustrated than over the moon.

Not to take anything away from the win over the Tagpies as it was simply awesome to see our guys in full flight and the team pulling together and turning it on for Minis 250th was just great to see but.....

This sort of effort in round 25 is both tickling my nuts in pleasure but at the same time kicking them until they are swollen and blue. Where the fark did it come from and why in the name of Greek buggery have we not been able to see it anytime sooner than after the season is dusted? I know it was Minis 250th and it was great motivation but you need the ability to go with the motivation in order to do what we did in first half. The ability has been there all year and that in itself is the frustrating part of the win over the Tags. Some serious shit must have been going on this season to stop it being shown earlier. I know it was a depleted Tags side but they had plenty to play for also and we showed that we can mix it with a side that was supposed to be the favourites for the title this year.

I am over the moon for the win but at the same time extreemly frustrated that we havnt seen even a glimpse of that sort of form up until now.

I think you sum up everything that people who are not currently looking at their own colons are thinking.

Comment

Marty's performance was the big difference. Where has that been all year?

Comment

If only we got to play TigPies more often

This is what can happen when a few calls go our we, get on a roll and go on to win... This was one of our better performances all year hopefully we can show similar form next year

Comment

Sums it up for me, Ralphy.

I expected more of this type of game this year, although not consistently.
          The one plus I can take from the game is the players looked happy to be out there from the start.....that hasn't always been the case this year.
          What's changed?

Comment

I know it was a much improved performance on our part, but gee the Tigers were woeful.
            Watching them in the first half was like watching ....well us.
            The dummy half tripping over his own feet and knocking on, winning a scrum near their own tryline and passing the ball straight over the touchline, kicking off out over the deadball line, knocking on from a kick off, Utai losing the ball regularly ....... really out and out dumb we have become accustomed to seeing from .....us ?

Good to see another team actually do the dumb stuff for a change and not us.
            Yes we played well, but gee the other team were awful !

and as mentioned above ......good to see the boys actually look happy and enjoying themselves out on the field !

Comment

Yup - they played like we do when we are really bad. I almost pity them.

I though Cordner's first half was inspired, and Guerra played a wonderful game. 181m for Kennedy says it all, and Mini's involvement in the first 20 had the Tigs in the back foot early. And Toupu? His career can only go downhill from here, surely?
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                Sums it up for me, Ralphy.

I expected more of this type of game this year, although not consistently.
                The one plus I can take from the game is the players looked happy to be out there from the start.....that hasn't always been the case this year.
                What's changed?
                They had a sense of pride because all the club legends were there watching.

I remember last time we got the spoon we failed to lift for Fitzgibbon, Freddie and Artie amongst others. Pride is the difference between getting a spoon and narrowly avoiding one.

Comment

I'll give Kennedy his fair dues, I'm not a fan of his but that was a great game big fella. Do it more consistently and I'll change my opinion of you.
                  It's dissapointing that it took minis 250th to inspire the boys to play like that. Maybe we can fool them into thinking its his 250th game every game next year so they can play like that. Well done boys

Comment

Two things Ralph:

1. Teh tigers were woerful. We had a glutton of possession, and at least we capitalised.
                    2. We wanted to play. We arent 13th because of Smith. We are 13th because these little ****ers pick and chose when to turn it on.
                    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Hey diddle diddle
                      The Chooks and a riddle
                      A new coach is what their fans desire
                      On his way soon
                      When a team gets the spoon
                      To instill storm structure and fire

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                        Hey diddle diddle
                        The Chooks and a riddle
                        A new coach is what their fans desire
                        On his way soon
                        When a team gets the spoon
                        To instill storm structure and fire
                        Hey dickhead...Bellamy aint coming and neither is his assistant.
                        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Who said Bellamy or his assistant?You shall see

Comment

Someone twatter up Kennedy and ask him where that performance has been all season.

So frustrating ralphy, I'm with ya.

Comment

The forwards went well sure but the change in the roosters has come about in the backline Tupoe,sheck and moga are stepping up and yesterday showed us a little of what they are capable of with a bit of ball and a few well directed kicks in thier direction.4 of our trys yesterday came from tupoe and moga.Wait till these kids start to run off SBW and get good ball from Maloney the roosters are going to be a really good attacking side next year.They will make mistakes there learning Tau shold have passed the ball a couple of times yesterday Roger was caught to far infield by a benji pass but these kids will learn quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X