X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
    How many coaches does he need?

What price does his form warrant ?
    well going by the statistical KPIs I put in my first point, the only halves that should be on more than him (and only by a fraction) are marshall, thurston and maybe cronk although cronk is overrated imo - good player but a solid consistent contributor as opposed to an individual game breaker. cronk is also 30 odd. If pearce becomes consistent he will be the second best halfback in the game behind thurston only.

Comment

I'd suggest Taylor would be a good man to develop Pearce's game - whether as head coach, or (if Smith is retained as head coach), as assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
        I'd suggest Taylor would be a good man to develop Pearce's game - whether as head coach, or (if Smith is retained as head coach), as assistant coach.
        Taylor should be made senior assistant coach to Smith so we can see once and for all if JT has the goods imo.

Comment

Yep. Sign him up for life.

Pity he has performed so horribly in Origin which is why he has been perceived as having such a crap season because he ha been our best player along with Guerra and Cordner

Comment

The only thing he needs to improve on as a halfback is giving us repeat sets through grubbers!

Comment

Trust Mrs Pearce to start this thread

The bloke can play, he can do a job no doubt.

However he is class A Scum away from the footy field.

The sooner he cleans up his shit away from footy, the sooner he will reach the " pootential" many here claim he has.

Comment

We should keep flicking them until he is happy, it is like a line up of high school boys waiting for the cane.

Any more then $ 250 k is tooo much, match winners deserve the big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
                  Trust Mrs Pearce to start this thread

The bloke can play, he can do a job no doubt.

However he is class A Scum away from the footy field.

The sooner he cleans up his shit away from footy, the sooner he will reach the " pootential" many here claim he has.
                  I base my comments on reason. I have never actually met pearce which would seemingly surprise you. A bit of pot calling the kettle black though on your part though if you think I have an 'agenda'.

A certain B.Fittler was well known for his off-field antics (even worse than pearce in fact) before he matured and was given the captaincy. Pearce is not as naturally talented as freddy imo (although they are fundamentally different players) but he is not todd carney bad (or even if he was he at least keeps it private much better than the likes of carney).

To cut him loose because he is a young bloke who knows a good time and likes a drink when he isnt getting in brawls etc is surely something he will grow out of and its certainly not something unique to him - its a generational thing

Comment

Would love to see Pearce as captain but maybe a 'co' captain first.
                    He is a young fella and I have heard of the antics he gets up and I tell you, when I was a 23 year old playing in bands, I had him covered, and then some. Who cares whether his profile is a million times bigger than us keyboard heroes. The fact is he's 23 years old. I wouldnt change anything I did as a 23 year old and hope he keeps on enjoying himself and playing for Easts.
                    Maybe the captaincy might make him grow up a bit.
                    Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Only one good coach is needed.

Now let's see what price does his form warrant, Sandow is getting $550k a season, I reckon that should make Pearcey worth about $800k a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
                        Only one good coach is needed.

Now let's see what price does his form warrant, Sandow is getting $550k a season, I reckon that should make Pearcey worth about $800k a season.
                        At least, if you comparing with the roly poly midget.Probably more like 1 mill.
                        What a dud buy for Parra.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                          I base my comments on reason. I have never actually met pearce which would seemingly surprise you. A bit of pot calling the kettle black though on your part though if you think I have an 'agenda'.

A certain B.Fittler was well known for his off-field antics (even worse than pearce in fact) before he matured and was given the captaincy. Pearce is not as naturally talented as freddy imo (although they are fundamentally different players) but he is not todd carney bad (or even if he was he at least keeps it private much better than the likes of carney).

To cut him loose because he is a young bloke who knows a good time and likes a drink when he isnt getting in brawls etc is surely something he will grow out of and its certainly not something unique to him - its a generational thing
                          Whether you can believe it or not Pearce is "Alot" worse than Todd Carney, he has been a protected species for a long long time, The dirt that has recently come out is only the tip of the icebarg, he needs to shed that baggage ASAP to become a better footballer and person.Lets face it, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, that is no excuse for his bogan behaviour.

Never ever compare Fittler and Pearce, I grew up with Freddy , he was a multi talented kid, with no fatherly influence, his mother was a lovely lady.From a working class family in the burbs.If he was not so immensely talented at sports, he would be a regular at centrelink.

Pearce born on the Northern beaches with a silver spoon in his mouth, a famous father, who's name he could live off and get a leg up through life.

Freddy was always a leader and a matchwinner, Pearce is a toiler who throws some great things in amongst a whole bag of shit.

As for " It is a generational thing"

PLease at 23 yrs of age surely you are old enough to make your own decisions in regards to how much is too much, how often is too often, he has been given a career earning big bucks, more than many here can imagine earning.

It is hardly a generational thing, it is a personal choice

Comment

If pearce was a lot worse, you can bet your house on it being in the DT by now!!

Comment

Agree we should do our best to keep Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                                At least, if you comparing with the roly poly midget.Probably more like 1 mill.
                                What a dud buy for Parra.
                                Ha, I was going to say he was worth double what they are paying Sandow, but that would make him by far the highest paid player in the game & as much as I love Pearcey, well even I will concede he shouldn't be the highest paid player in the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X