James Hooper starts the shitstorm early this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    I want to add something important to what people are saying about the Bulldogs.
    Its not all about recruiting the best. Its about getting the best out of your recruits.

Put nearly any graded player in a positive environment with good structure and good game plans and they will play good first grade.

This is the important thing that the Bulldogs have - a good structure and a coach that elicts respect and has created a positive environment.

We have neither, our squad could just as easily be in the top 4 if they were operating in a positive, "learning" environment. But Smith has created a negative where the put down is the king
    Very good point...

Comment

Bulldogs=The new Storm

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
        Bulldogs=The new Storm
        more like storm temporarily filled in for the dogs. i guess you probably werent around in the early 2000s when the dogs were done for cheating...

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
          Mate I agree with our past but I believe what we are seeing now with Bwaiff and Pezz moving on is a prime example of what our intentions are/aren't now. After all we could've offered them contracts as good as they were offered to leave, I gather they weren't future priorities, especially considering our signings in Baloney and Oldfield.

Mini was very lucky IMO. At the time he was going well and we weren't going to throw a rookie in at the back a few months into his RL carrer, RTS. Still who knows things may change in the off season.

As for the coaching that's why we hired Smiff and gave him 4 years, stability. If we were truly still as reactionary as the past Smiff wouldn't have seen out this season IMO. Many coaches have seen less latitude than Smiff.

That's why I come to the opinion the club has a plan. Thats why I don't think they are worried about the current results, this season and last, I believe they expected as much with our personel and youth.

IMO it's good we don't know what's going on now. It means hopefully the leak we had at the club for years isn't getting the juice anymore. Cos as you said someone cost us Waynekerr and for years blabbed to the media.

The way I look at it no one truly knows what's going on. Everyone has their opinions and they're entitled.

And if we all had any real input it would be chaos. Funny but dead set it would be loco.

I hope you're right mate. If the club does have a plan Smith will see out his contract, if he doesn't, it'll mean we're still the reactionaries we've always been.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
          X