Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible coaches for 2013 named on Channel 10 news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
    The Storm lost a string of games in a row this season.
    Now that wrestling coaches, chicken wing tackles, crunching tackles, grapple tackles etc have been banned, and the salary cap adhered to...the Storm are not the force they used to be.

Is Bellamy the coaching guru he's reported as being?

If he moves from the News Ltd owned Storm to the ''ripped off with 1-6,1-7, 2-8, 2-9 penalty counts ETC' against them most games Roosters...will he do any better than any other coach we've tried?
    Fair call but Storm did finish 2nd on the table. Bellamy did develop Inglis, Smith, Slater and Folau, they were nobody till he brought them on board - even Bennett didnt rate Smith when he was at the Broncos.

Bring Bellamy here any day !

Comment

Now that wrestling coaches, chicken wing tackles, crunching tackles, grapple tackles etc have been banned, and the salary cap adhered to...the Storm are not the force they used to be.

If he moves from the News Ltd owned Storm to the ''ripped off with 1-6,1-7, 2-8, 2-9 penalty counts ETC' against them most games Roosters...will he do any better than any other coach we've tried?
      Bellamy brings structure and discipline to a team, at a level not achieved by most, if any, other coaches. This is what we desperately need. We have a lot of raw talent, that to date has not had a clear direction in which to channel their ability. Bellamy is one coach who would do exactly that. He may not be the only one, and he may not be the coaching God some think, but he does have a strong track record of bringing the exact attributes that we have been lacking.

Robinson would also do a very good job in this department.

Taylor, while a sound tactical coach with a good modern footy brain, may not bring the discipline we need to really turn our fortunes around.

Comment

Minor Premiers last year after White Lima Hoffman Finch Chambers Inglis Isa Tandy & Toleman left the club. All other clubs would be in a servere rebuilding phase if they loss that personal. You can also add Folau & Blair to that list of players they have developed & let go. And they did finish second this year after lossing 5 or 6, which meant the other 14 sides lost more times.

I dont know if Bellamy is a guru but I know 1 thing the guy can coach & I would have him at the Roosters before anyone else mentioned but if you dont rate him or want him at the club thats your choice.

I dont know what your beef is with Bellamy but if he was available under his terms & the Roosters didn't sign him because the Roosters get ripped off with 1-6,1-7, 2-8, 2-9 penalty counts ETC' against them most games... will he do any better than any other coach we've tried?

Well they may as well sign you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
          Minor Premiers last year after White Lima Hoffman Finch Chambers Inglis Isa Tandy & Toleman left the club. All other clubs would be in a servere rebuilding phase if they loss that personal. You can also add Folau & Blair to that list of players they have developed & let go. And they did finish second this year after lossing 5 or 6, which meant the other 14 sides lost more times.

I dont know if Bellamy is a guru but I know 1 thing the guy can coach & I would have him at the Roosters before anyone else mentioned but if you dont rate him or want him at the club thats your choice.

I dont know what your beef is with Bellamy but if he was available under his terms & the Roosters didn't sign him because the Roosters get ripped off with 1-6,1-7, 2-8, 2-9 penalty counts ETC' against them most games... will he do any better than any other coach we've tried?

Well they may as well sign you.
          Fred has got the gig next year....but maybe BB can be the assistant?

Comment

If Bellamy was the type of coach who went out & bought players like Gallen Lewis Carney Jeremy Smith Idris Myles Bird Taylor Pritchard Williams Burgess Inglis King & had sucess I would put him in the Bob Fulton category always coaching the best players.

But if you develop players like Smith Slater Inglis Folau Cronk Widdop Chambers Blair Manu Neilson Johnson White Lima (& the list go's on) that all the other clubs want plus you do this in the AFL heartland then in my eyes you are a top coach.

Comment

If Bellamy was the type of coach who went out & bought players like Gallen Lewis Carney Jeremy Smith Idris Myles Bird Taylor Pritchard Williams Burgess Inglis King & had sucess I would put him in the Bob Fulton category always coaching the best players.

But if you develop players like Smith Slater Inglis Folau Cronk Widdop Chambers Blair Manu Neilson Johnson White Lima (& the list go's on) that all the other clubs want plus you do this in the AFL heartland then in my eyes you are a top coach.
              This!

Bellamy comes from Portland NSW originally and my old man delivers their and knows a local who grew up with Bellamy. This bloke stays in contact with Bellamy and tells my old man that he is driven to succeed to such an extent his marriage fell apart due to the time and effort Bellamy puts into everything. Even during the off season Bellamy is focused on his side and what he can do to make it better for the following year. Apparently him and his missus have patched things up, but it shows the dedication the bloke has to his sides.

I'd sleep with that big poof The Brain to get him here.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                This!

Bellamy comes from Portland NSW originally and my old man delivers their and knows a local who grew up with Bellamy. This bloke stays in contact with Bellamy and tells my old man that he is driven to succeed to such an extent his marriage fell apart due to the time and effort Bellamy puts into everything. Even during the off season Bellamy is focused on his side and what he can do to make it better for the following year. Apparently him and his missus have patched things up, but it shows the dedication the bloke has to his sides.

I'd sleep with that big poof The Brain to get him here.

Chook.

God, you're easy.

Comment

On The Wall, there used to be a member who used to serve Bellamy at the local bar in country NSW I remember... Cant remember who that was... But they used to always post about seeing him and speaking to him...

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                    God, you're easy.
                    And loose.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                      Bellamy brings structure and discipline to a team, at a level not achieved by most, if any, other coaches. This is what we desperately need. We have a lot of raw talent, that to date has not had a clear direction in which to channel their ability. Bellamy is one coach who would do exactly that. He may not be the only one, and he may not be the coaching God some think, but he does have a strong track record of bringing the exact attributes that we have been lacking.

Robinson would also do a very good job in this department.

Taylor, while a sound tactical coach with a good modern footy brain, may not bring the discipline we need to really turn our fortunes around.
                      That is an excellent post IMO.

I have been critical of Bellyache when Smiff or Slater are out but the fact remains they have never lost them blokes for a real extended period so it's hard to judge him without them.

That said we may only need the structure and discipline to turn us into a great side.

Hopefully.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                        That is an excellent post IMO.

I have been critical of Bellyache when Smiff or Slater are out but the fact remains they have never lost them blokes for a real extended period so it's hard to judge him without them.

That said we may only need the structure and discipline to turn us into a great side.

Hopefully.

Yep & I'll add to that by saying Bellamy seems to get the loyalty from the players.
                        Something this place hasn't had for quite awhile.

Comment

Yep & I'll add to that by saying Bellamy seems to get the loyalty from the players.
                          Something this place hasn't had for quite awhile.
                          Players have to believe in the coach and follow him blindly.

Bellyache has a proven track record. All those players who love playing under him, they believe and they let everyone know it. And he has got results consistently.

Unfortunately no one believed Smiffy anymore. His message doesn't have the impact and the players obviously don't get it. And knowing his past, the bridesmaid, well when the message gets lost we have seen the results.

I hope he or someone very similar gets the gig at the club.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            Players have to believe in the coach and follow him blindly.

Bellyache has a proven track record. All those players who love playing under him, they believe and they let everyone know it. And he has got results consistently.

Unfortunately no one believed Smiffy anymore. His message doesn't have the impact and the players obviously don't get it. And knowing his past, the bridesmaid, well when the message gets lost we have seen the results.

I hope he or someone very similar gets the gig at the club.

Ditto.

"Unfortunately no one believed Smiffy anymore"

And it's very rude & disrespectful to talk about your dad like that.

Comment

Ditto.

"Unfortunately no one believed Smiffy anymore"

And it's very rude & disrespectful to talk about your dad like that.
                              I love my Daddy.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Very well said mate, and totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X