No announcement yet.

Benji Marshall's get-out clause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rate Marshall as ten times the half that Pearce is.Beleive it or not, without Benji the tigers would be the worst team in history.

Pearce tries hard, and I'll give him that, but in the skills department he rates not even in the same atmosphere as guys like DCE, Marshall, Foran, Thurston etc.

This is why I previously said that anything over 400K for Pearce's re-signing is criminal.
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
      If nothing else I have this to look forward to next year.
      The last time he wore that number on his back, our team lost 56-0. Poor Chris Anderson had to quit because of Heart failure.
      Comment of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
        I rate Marshall as ten times the half that Pearce is.Beleive it or not, without Benji the tigers would be the worst team in history.

Pearce tries hard, and I'll give him that, but in the skills department he rates not even in the same atmosphere as guys like DCE, Marshall, Foran, Thurston etc.

This is why I previously said that anything over 400K for Pearce's re-signing is criminal.
        Actually mate without Benji we would have an extra 500 k left in the salary cap and with that money we can buy another good halfback.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGoneLoose View Post
          Actually mate without Benji we would have an extra 500 k left in the salary cap and with that money we can buy another good halfback.
          Is that all he's getting paid? I thought he'd be a 700k player easy.

Freggin Blair who has done jack shit is being paid that much.
          Comment of the year:

Comment

In the space of 3 months he has lost his touch. On Wests streak I knew they would choke in the finals but I was certain they would make the 8. Marshall was on fire. Now he is horrible and also note that he wont shine after the semis. He will flop in preliminaries. He has only shone on two big occasions 2005 GF and 2010 Four Nations Final.

Last year I wouldn't have thought twice. We already have Maloney anyway

Comment

Is that all he's getting paid? I thought he'd be a 700k player easy.

Freggin Blair who has done jack shit is being paid that much.
              He is only 500 k

Source:
              http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...-paid-players/

Kieran Foran is on more lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
                In the space of 3 months he has lost his touch. On Wests streak I knew they would choke in the finals but I was certain they would make the 8. Marshall was on fire. Now he is horrible and also note that he wont shine after the semis. He will flop in preliminaries. He has only shone on two big occasions 2005 GF and 2010 Four Nations Final.

Last year I wouldn't have thought twice. We already have Maloney anyway
                Theres a reason why benji is down in form...................pussy and ?.......its not right for me to say but he has got to stop hanging out with andrew johns
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

He lost his touch because he has been hearing the same coaching voice for 10 years now "Benji get the ball and start dancing" tigers need a new coach nuff said.

Comment

He lost his touch because he has been hearing the same coaching voice for 10 years now "Benji get the ball and start dancing" tigers need a new coach nuff said.
                    You should sign Smitty, he really gets the best out of Braiff

Comment

The reason why Benji was down on form was because he was being played out of position & there dumb arse coach couldn't work that one out. How stupid, you move the best 5/8 in the game out of his position

Who moves the best 5/8 in the game to 1/2 back & then partners him up with a different 5/8 each week, and by the way none of them were 5/8's.

Another thing that really affected the Tigers this year believe it or not was the death of Robbie Farah's mum.
                      Because Farah is such a high profile Tigers player who is of Lebanese decent who are very very family orientated, his mum actually knew all the players pretty well. Farah has a Restaurant that his mum used to run which alot of Tigers players ate at, so she was in there lives alot so when she passed away the whole team was affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                        The reason why Benji was down on form was because he was being played out of position & there dumb arse coach couldn't work that one out. How stupid, you move the best 5/8 in the game out of his position

Who moves the best 5/8 in the game to 1/2 back & then partners him up with a different 5/8 each week, and by the way none of them were 5/8's.

Another thing that really affected the Tigers this year believe it or not was the death of Robbie Farah's mum.
                        Because Farah is such a high profile Tigers player who is of Lebanese decent who are very very family orientated, his mum actually knew all the players pretty well. Farah has a Restaurant that his mum used to run which alot of Tigers players ate at, so she was in there lives alot so when she passed away the whole team was affected.
                        Neil Henry???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post

You can't say that affected the way we played, we were on a 7 game losing run from round 2 till round 9 or something and there was nothing going on then and the players do not think about Robbies mum while they are playing. The thing that really affected us was so many positional changes when one player got injured just take for example when Robbie got injured look how many changes

Beau to fullback
                          Moltzen to five eighth
                          Fulton to hooker

Then the week after

Moltzen to fullback
                          Beau to center
                          Iosefa to hooker

Sheens always changes so many player positions instead of just replacing the player, also Beau, Benji, Lawrence, Moltzen, Fulton and Farrah are always moved to different positions positions they do not feel good playing in for example benji is a golden boot winner at five eighth why move him to halfback? just get Jacob Miller and play him at halfback done and Chris Lawrence he is a winger he is not centre or five eighth same with Beau Ryan he is not a centre they are two completely different positions.

Comment

You can't say that affected the way we played, we were on a 7 game losing run from round 2 till round 9 or something and there was nothing going on then and the players do not think about Robbies mum while they are playing. The thing that really affected us was so many positional changes when one player got injured just take for example when Robbie got injured look how many changes

Beau to fullback
                            Moltzen to five eighth
                            Fulton to hooker

Then the week after

Moltzen to fullback
                            Beau to center
                            Iosefa to hooker

Sheens always changes so many player positions instead of just replacing the player, also Beau, Benji, Lawrence, Moltzen, Fulton and Farrah are always moved to different positions positions they do not feel good playing in for example benji is a golden boot winner at five eighth why move him to halfback? just get Jacob Miller and play him at halfback done and Chris Lawrence he is a winger he is not centre or five eighth same with Beau Ryan he is not a centre they are two completely different positions.
                            Fair enough, it was only my personal opinion. It was what I was thinking it wasn't factual.

Comment

if he comes then he be with plenty of his brothers and can kick goals and make skd and maubs guerra look good again.
                              never been a real fan of his due to media beat up and injury prone but would offer a lot in attack if sbw comes too.
                              rts to fb would be lethal

Comment

The last time he wore that number on his back, our team lost 56-0. Poor Chris Anderson had to quit because of Heart failure.
                                Hopefully the new coach stops the annual flogging by Manly the last time we werent flogged was 2010 but 2011- 36-8, 2009 32-? 2008 48-0 2007 56-0 2006- 38-10

Comment

Working...
                                X