Exciting times..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting times..

Who else is feeling an excitement in the air...?

It feels like a massive load has been lifted from our shoulders with Anasta and Smith leaving our club for good, two anchors that would have had me dreading the new year if they were still around.

No matter who takes over as coach, the excitement of a clean slate and a new beginning will be enough to make me optimistic about the new season. It just felt like it would be the same old, same old otherwise - which was never going to cut it.

Here's to hoping for some on-field discipline and some consistency entering our play. Here's to hoping that we perhaps may even have some resemblance of a game plan that allows our players to actually know what the hell they are meant to be doing on the field. Our players aren't that bad. They just seemed lost half the time and lacked direction.

Here's to hoping that we end our status as the NRL laughing stock that no-one really has taken seriously over the past few years on the main.

Here's to hoping that SBW and Maloney make a successful transition to our club, remain injury free and do well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Before anyone mentions Minichiello, I still have a small fragment of hope for him. He has red white and blue running through his veins and could have just been playing frustrated because of the way Smith had our team playing. Maybe he didn't want to play the role he has been?

There's still many unknowns but as Big Kev used to say... "I'M EXCITED".. **** yeah.

Minichiello has been finished for 3 years. A fullback needs to pass, kick or at least have speed. Mini lacks all of the above. Has been good for the club but his time is long over. Now at least we have a replacement.

Comment

I will wait 6 months before I get excited I know what you are getting at though
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
        Minichiello has been finished for 3 years. A fullback needs to pass, kick or at least have speed. Mini lacks all of the above. Has been good for the club but his time is long over. Now at least we have a replacement.
        Agree. He will be just as big a burden whoever the new coach is.
        Sir Roosterlot have you heard anything about Mini possibly getting the tap on the shoulder?

Comment

Look at the fullbacks of the top teams.

Barba, Slater, Inglis, Stewart, Bowan, Dugan. Without any of them those teams would not be where they are. Even Hayne being out has a dramatic affect on how the Eels play.

Take Mini out of our team and we are a completely different team. With him there then we can't finish top 8 next year.

But I am excited about 2014

Comment

Like BANE said in the Dark Knight Rises,,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

Comment

I would still like to know who the coach is before I get Really excited.

But you have to admit.........there is definately a more positive vibe in this place at the moment.

Comment

Elliot new coach.

Excitment level: Cannot be found.

Comment

Give it a few years...

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
                  2. Tupou (or Moga)
                  3. Moga (or Leilua)
                  4. Kenny-Dowall
                  5. Oldfield / Henry
                  6. Maloney
                  7. Pearce
                  8. Kennedy
                  9. Friend
                  10. Hargreaves
                  11. Guerra
                  12. SBW / Aubusson
                  13. Cordner

14. Leilua (or Seluini)
                  15. Takairangi
                  16. Nuuausala / Masoe / Arona / Evans
                  17. Tasi

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                    Give it a few years...

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
                    2. Tupou (or Moga)
                    3. Moga (or Leilua)
                    4. Kenny-Dowall
                    5. Oldfield / Henry
                    6. Maloney
                    7. Pearce
                    8. Kennedy
                    9. Friend
                    10. Hargreaves
                    11. Guerra
                    12. SBW / Aubusson
                    13. Cordner

14. Leilua (or Seluini)
                    15. Takairangi
                    16. Nuuausala / Masoe / Arona / Evans
                    17. Tasi
                    2 more years.................

.. the new "2 weeks".

Comment

Originally posted by Roid Rage Rooster View Post
                      Like BANE said in the Dark Knight Rises,,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!
                      Don't you mean "mmpph mmppff mmfffff"?

Comment

A close friend who was a former first grader for another club and a notorious Rooster hater told me today that the Roosters will be a top 4 team next season.

He has literally never, ever said anything positive about the club until today. Things are looking good.

Comment

Hi Geohood,

I am very nervous about the future of our great club as this is the most important decision to be made in many years. It is important that the right coach is found for the current crop of youngsters to succeed or else we face our window of opportunity closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts 2034 View Post
                            A close friend who was a former first grader for another club and a notorious Rooster hater told me today that the Roosters will be a top 4 team next season.

He has literally never, ever said anything positive about the club until today. Things are looking good.
                            I'm guessing a former Vermin player........probably Fenech!

Comment

Not a vermin player

The chooks have a better chance of winning the comp this year than anybody here guessing who he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X