Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It feels like it did last time around....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels like it did last time around....

I'm not giving my hopes up yet, but in supporting one club for nearly 30 years, you start to get the feeling when you know your club will go well.

This year feels exactly like 2001 in so many ways. We have a group of really good young kids in their first year, same as 2001 with guys like Mick Crocker etc. We have some experienced stars arriving in Maloney and SBW, and we have a new fresh coach with new tactics.

I feel like it's one year too late and that this is something we should have done last year but still I can't wait for next season which hopefully is a replica of 2002.
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

We also had B Fittler

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
      I'm not giving my hopes up yet, but in supporting one club for nearly 30 years, you start to get the feeling when you know your club will go well.

This year feels exactly like 2001 in so many ways. We have a group of really good young kids in their first year, same as 2001 with guys like Mick Crocker etc. We have some experienced stars arriving in Maloney and SBW, and we have a new fresh coach with new tactics.

I feel like it's one year too late and that this is something we should have done last year but still I can't wait for next season which hopefully is a replica of 2002.
      Except we actually made the finals in 2001.
      Originally posted by turk-283
      Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post

I think youve been feeling something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Assyrian_Pimp View Post
          We also had B Fittler
          SBW could go either way. Dont forget he was one of the best players before he left. He could be anything when he comes bak. Even more than we imagine. He was being talked up as a potential All Black great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
            SBW could go either way. Dont forget he was one of the best players before he left. He could be anything when he comes bak. Even more than we imagine. He was being talked up as a potential All Black great.
            Back in 2001 Fittler was abit the same.

Comment

And Mini, in playing on the wing, can play the part of both his younger self and that of Brett Mullins (formerly a worlds best fullback having a last hurrah on the flank then retiring).
              It's scientifically impossible for Easts to be in Souths' shadow when there's daylight between them and us.
              Easts to win

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Sherlock's Mo View Post
                And Mini, in playing on the wing, can play the part of both his younger self and that of Brett Mullins (formerly a worlds best fullback having a last hurrah on the flank then retiring).
                Youve lost the plot. Mini cannot do the shit Mullins could. Mini could be 22 and not do the shit Mullins could at 32.
                Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                  Youve lost the plot. Mini cannot do the shit Mullins could. Mini could be 22 and not do the shit Mullins could at 32.
                  You are so right. At 32 Mullins could do everything Mini can't at the same age.

"Pass to Mullins...Mullins extends...draws the fullback, palms off the winger, inside to Hegarty to score..." First try 2002 GF.

"Pass to Minichello...Minichello drops the ball..." Seasons 2009 -2013.

Chook.

Comment

They still can't get it through their heads, Mini is finished.

All he will do next year is keep out a better player and cost us games.

He will be worse than this year, if that's possible to imagine.

Comment

Working...
                    X