Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have massive doubts on Smith....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After hearing Palmer and all the training staff are going to be chopped.......my doubt is diminshing.

Smith is turning the page out our club already, brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
      I have reservations too but they are more to do with the players than Smith. How will the players respond to Smith? Will they want to play for him with heart? Will they do as they're told on the field in carrying out his plans? If by his being the Roosters coach Smith is able to get them well away from the spoon and more committed, I for one will be pleased.

And as to who will fill the massive void created by the premature punting of Captain Courageous, MAubs is my pick.
      After watching how quickly his association with a club unravels (ie St George, Parramatta and now the Knights) I tend to be concerned about him delivering sustainable change.

He'll be good whilst he's there, but he certainly polarises people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
        I think Kearney or McGuire would have been a better choice. Young energetic coaches looking at getting a break who have done their time.

Just my two cents
        I will give you the facts for my two cents:

1. Kearney priced himself out of it; and

2. McGuire ****ed up the job interview.

I am excited about Smith. His desire to win a comp would be greater than ours and he brings much needed discipline to an unbelievably undisciplined bunch of kids.

What else could they do?

When all available options are looked at it is a master stroke.

Comment

I think he will rebuild, which will be his prime goal an after 3 of the 4 yrs move into a coaching director / football manager role, i get the impression he is keeping the seat warm for an ex assistant coachs contract to run out!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
            I think he will rebuild, which will be his prime goal an after 3 of the 4 yrs move into a coaching director / football manager role, i get the impression he is keeping the seat warm for an ex assistant coachs contract to run out!!!!!!
            Are you thinking John Cartwright?

Comment

I will admit Dolphin that when I first heard about Smiths appointment my first reaction was no no no no no. But seeing him sack a Roosters institution like Cougar makes me believe he is already on the right track with his thinking on how he's gunna "fix" the place. How long have we been the 40 min Roosters? Since the finals last year, so obviously there are massive problems with our training regime that Smith clearly intends to address.

He's also made it abundantly clear he won't be bullied by Gould or take any shit from players. And if Carney does come to us as all in sundry predict, Smith is exactly the type of disciplined coach that Carney will need to keep him on the straight and narrow.

All in all mate, I'm pretty excited and looking forward to next year.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
              X