2011 catalan dragons highlights video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roid Rage Rooster View Post
    Sorry for posting another teams highlights but Is it just me or do these highlights remind yous of the 2010 Roosters attack style,,,,,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0c8_...e_gdata_player
    Trent Robinson could be the answer,,
    Heres for a fresh start for 2013 and beyond sucess GO U CHOOKS!!!
    Enjoyed that RRR.
    That footage showcased a brand of football that was expansive and unselfish. The support play was commendable too.
    Here's hoping lots of that for 2013 & beyond.

P.S Ian Henderson is a competitive little bugger who would compliment our side if Seluini isn't re-signed. The Raiders are apparently interested in Hendo.

Comment

sorry, but i've watched the opening 3 minutes and i'm hardly impressed. All i've seen is absolutely terrible defence from the opposition. Whether you want to admit it or not, ESL is basically akin to a glorified park footy contest. Also, those are hardly set plays. All the trys in the video seem to be simple drawing and passing with hardly any decoys at all. You simply don't get that amount of space opening out wide over here.

His true value will be tested next year in the weekly grind of the NRL, but i'm simply not going to praise him for that video. Not writing him off at all, but you guys need to see that what was shown is hardly a good demonstration of clinical attack. I wonder how many of those trys would actually be scored against the likes of the storm

Comment

How good is Beaver Menzis! Still going strong!

Comment

Bad defence aside, I liked that they were deep in attack, something that we never were. Oh and what about Menzies, what a freak!

Comment

Chook Norris i dont remember the chooks using any decoy runners in 2010,,,it was just qucik swift back line movements on the back of offloads or a counter attack and mostly from our own half which showed in those highlights i posted

Also if u think set plays and decoy runners are always good well there not because there predictable,,youve got to mix it up abit ,,something we done brilliantly in 2010

Comment

Chook Norris i dont remember the chooks using any decoy runners in 2010,,,it was just qucik swift back line movements on the back of offloads or a counter attack and mostly from our own half which showed in those highlights i posted

Also if u think set plays and decoy runners are always good well there not because there predictable,,youve got to mix it up abit ,,something we done brilliantly in 2010
              well mate, if you haven't figured it out, times have changed. Rules were put in place to negate the quick play the balls we often received in 2010. The ESL's play the balls are often a lot quicker... You simply don't get to play like that in the nrl

Also, a lot of our plays in 2010 were based off the central figure in Carney....

the key criticism of our attack in the past two years from the majority of our fans has been the lack of structure or set plays. These boys need structure in attack especially with Pearce at the helm; a player who isn't spontaneous and visionary but thrives on giving him a solid plan to play with.

On a side note.... when someone like Scott Dureau is dominating in the ESL, it says loads about the standard of both attack and defence The video doesn't necessarily suggest anything outstanding

Comment

Also if u think set plays and decoy runners are always good well there not because there predictable
                ,,youve got to mix it up abit ,,something we done brilliantly in 2010
                Really? Pathetic and a very ignorant comment. The best teams in the NRL in the past half decade have thrived on set plays and decoy runners. The two current top teams in the NRL in 2012, the Dogs and the Storm, showcase their set plays every single week. The Dragons two years before always used the same set plays over and over. They may be predictable, in that you know they are coming, but i dare you to tell me they have been easy to stop.

So tell me again why my thinking that set plays and decoy runners are always good well there not

Comment

I said you've got to MIX it up,,,,abit of adlib with set plays is perfect because if say plan A or plan B doesnt work then its good to have the skill and vision for some razzle dazzle,,

Comment

Deep, unstructured attack reliant on isolating opposition defenders. Forwards acting as link men etc etc...

Yeh there's definitely some similarities. Not really surprising when his whole apprenticeship has been under Smith.

Comment

Also Chook Norris u said u only watched the opening 3mins,,,it gets better from
                      Half way onwards very exciting footy

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                        well mate, if you haven't figured it out, times have changed. Rules were put in place to negate the quick play the balls we often received in 2010. The ESL's play the balls are often a lot quicker... You simply don't get to play like that in the nrl
                        What rules were put in place?

Comment

Originally posted by Roid Rage Rooster:250376

Melbourne scored two almost identical tries off the same set play last night.

We were lucky if we got two tries a game this year.

Comment

I said you've got to MIX it up,,,,abit of adlib with set plays is perfect because if say plan A or plan B doesnt work then its good to have the skill and vision for some razzle dazzle,,
                            well this is what i was getting at

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            What rules were put in place?
                            by rules, i meant interpretations of the ruck. In 2011, the season after our GF year, there was a distinct difference in the speed of the play the ball. Referees began placing greater emphasis on playing the ball with your feet, playing the ball in the exact spot you were tackled and not moving off the mark, playing the ball straight and not inclined towards the sideline etc. All these served to supposedly clean up the ruck, and in effect, also slowed down the play the ball. Obviously these are beginning to slightly wear off with the lack of consistency at which it is policed, but they still remain

Comment

Also Chook Norris u said u only watched the opening 3mins,,,it gets better from
                              Half way onwards very exciting footy
                              I flicked through the rest of it. Still only saw reserve grade standard defence. It's like suggesting Ryan Williamson is destined for greatness based on a 4year old video of him dominating park footy

Comment

Chook,,,
                                Your missing my point all i was trying to say from the begining was that you can tell by the way Robinsons got the dragons playing in that clip is very close to the style of footy we played in 2010,,,im not saying its going to work in 2013 and beyond,,,but abit of this with some set plays would be perfect..

Also i agree that the defence in the esl is rubbish but that style of attack worked with us in 2010 in the NRL standard Defence,,,

Overall i think with his style of attack u would have to instill alot of confidents in players to through the ball around like that in ur own half & pull it of,, so it shows good signs with his player managment skills..

Comment

Working...
                                X