Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! Melbourne is so well coached! Can Trent Robinson do the same for us???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Melbourne is so well coached! Can Trent Robinson do the same for us???

Im sure most ppl saw melb play... How well are they coached? Basically no name forwards up against a huge sths pack and they still got over the top (although they do wrestle very well). As much as i dislike them i love seeing their set plays being executed. They even held up a souths player over the line with about half a min left to play! Got to admire their commitment. I sure hope Trent Robinson can instil that commitment into the Roosters next year....

The ball flow through their backline seems simple but its effective.

Even sisa waqa looks like a footballer. Except his pat back when he should have caught the ball for a try

Comment

Melbourne are crap & so is there coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripken View Post
        The ball flow through their backline seems simple but its effective.

Even sisa waqa looks like a footballer. Except his pat back when he should have caught the ball for a try
        We gave Sisa 3 games before throwing him on the scrap heap.
        Wish we gave Finch the same luxury...

Comment

And some ppl think he isnt worth the $$$.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
            We gave Sisa 3 games before throwing him on the scrap heap.
            Wish we gave Finch the same luxury...
            Waqa really isn't that good, he's certainly no better than the likes of Tagive & Tupou. 3/4's always look good in the best sides & are made to look like mugs in the worst.

Quinn & Turner are hardly world beaters but they had people fooled for a while on the back of a great Storm team.

Comment

I think its important that Trent is his own man with his own coaching style.

Doesn't need to be copying anyone.

Comment

Hopefully Robinson will have his own ideas on how to coach easts.Im warming to the selection of him as coach although i would have liked to see Taylor get the gig.Hes young,hungry for success been doing a bit of reading on him a lot of people say that hes a real student of the game.Sounds like an ideal coach for our young side.I just hope he is made a sole selector for the squad.

Comment

I didn't want Taylor as coach but I would have preferred him over someone who hasn't coached in the NRL before. With so much promising talent, it would be a disaster if TR stuffs it up. He's either gutsy to take on the role and backs himself or he's just a maverick on an ego trip. I honestly don't know what to expect next year when only a few days ago I was buoyant of SBW, Maloney and the new kids.

Comment

Little bit about Trent Robbinson

I've been told that Trent robbinson might possibly be the smartest coach in the nrl. Trent has completed multiple sports science degrees, was a fitness instructor while completing the degrees, mother was born deaf so communicates with her sign language, fluent in French, brother a doctor. Most of this stuff is irrelevant but shows the pedigree of the individual. A few of the player including Pearce recommended Robbinson. Has the intellect to match Smith but a better communicator. Not sure how he will end up but the background is solid.

Comment

Hopefully next year will be a very good year for us imo Sbw and Maloney will take charge of the youngsters on the field. robinson brings a new aproach to the team but i know where your comming from i have some doubts myself the last couple of years havnt been the best for us.
                      Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                      I didn't want Taylor as coach but I would have preferred him over someone who hasn't coached in the NRL before. With so much promising talent, it would be a disaster if TR stuffs it up. He's either gutsy to take on the role and backs himself or he's just a maverick on an ego trip. I honestly don't know what to expect next year when only a few days ago I was buoyant of SBW, Maloney and the new kids.

Comment

What posisition did he play? A mate said he was a prop forward is that right?
                        Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
                        I've been told that Trent robbinson might possibly be the smartest coach in the nrl. Trent has completed multiple sports science degrees, was a fitness instructor while completing the degrees, mother was born deaf so communicates with her sign language, fluent in French, brother a doctor. Most of this stuff is irrelevant but shows the pedigree of the individual. A few of the player including Pearce recommended Robbinson. Has the intellect to match Smith but a better communicator. Not sure how he will end up but the background is solid.

Comment

i look forward to greeting him in the new year, seems so far off now though! at least i can chat to him in french?

Comment

Yeah Melb played well, but there wasnt much opposition. The vermin were very poor, they had nothing after about 3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                              Why the drama???

It's just footy, it's not a disaster movie.

Isn't that what keeps you interested as a fan, the unknowing of a new season??? I mean who is ever sure what will happen next year???

It's all expectations. If you place unrealistic ones you will be disappointed, like many were this season. 2010 no one had high expectations, that's what made the ride so sweet, expectations were low achievement was high.

Then we had the let down, reality set in and we imploded.

It's very Easts.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X