Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! Melbourne is so well coached! Can Trent Robinson do the same for us???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    Why the drama???

It's just footy, it's not a disaster movie.

Isn't that what keeps you interested as a fan, the unknowing of a new season??? I mean who is ever sure what will happen next year???

It's all expectations. If you place unrealistic ones you will be disappointed, like many were this season. 2010 no one had high expectations, that's what made the ride so sweet, expectations were low achievement was high.

Then we had the let down, reality set in and we imploded.

It's very Easts.

I'm with you on that backwards.

I would rather have my low expectations turn to highs(2010), rather than my high expectations turn to lows, like in 2011.

Yesterday was my best day of the season because it was karma smacking rothfield right in between the eyes, with his "premiership fav's", the sharkies, getting torn a new one by the raiders.BTW isn't Mccrone an improved player!, his running game was lockyeresque yesterday.
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
      I've been told that Trent robbinson might possibly be the smartest coach in the nrl. Trent has completed multiple sports science degrees, was a fitness instructor while completing the degrees, mother was born deaf so communicates with her sign language, fluent in French, brother a doctor. Most of this stuff is irrelevant but shows the pedigree of the individual. A few of the player including Pearce recommended Robbinson. Has the intellect to match Smith but a better communicator. Not sure how he will end up but the background is solid.
      This is what I was thinking. Smith has always been a very good technical coach but has been let down time and again by poor communication and people skills. Trent seems to have both of these things covered. What many people seem to be forgetting is that Smith has been TR's coaching mentor for pretty much most of his coaching career to date, so some of Smith's coaching style (technical side that is) has got to have rubbed off on him. What I am hoping is that Trent's people skills are adept enough to deal with our young players, some of whom have been known to go off sooking if they don't get their way. Trent will need to be tough on them in this department as there is a difference between being a head coach and an assistant coach. As head coach HE will have to be the one to stamp out this type of attitude if it rears its ugly head. As assistant coach he would have been more of the middle man.

Comment

If the team learns how to tackle this will be a huge step forward!

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
          Why the drama???

It's just footy, it's not a disaster movie.

Isn't that what keeps you interested as a fan, the unknowing of a new season??? I mean who is ever sure what will happen next year???

It's all expectations. If you place unrealistic ones you will be disappointed, like many were this season. 2010 no one had high expectations, that's what made the ride so sweet, expectations were low achievement was high.

Then we had the let down, reality set in and we imploded.

It's very Easts.

That's right! I'm very East and though I will continue to support them when they lose, I much rather see them win and want to know that every move they make, is a positive one. It's unfortunate that we couldn't get Bellamy but so be it. TR to me is an unknown factor and though I hope for the best, I lack confidence in him. This year knowing we were missing a few big names from last year, I still hoped we would have a great year...it didn't happen. Of course I could be wrong. This is footy we all have different ways of dealing with good and bad times. It's just the way it is.

Comment

getting a good defencive structure is the key? sticky did that in 02 and we were copied by everyone, bellyache has just taken it all to a new level of cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by BB! View Post
              If the team learns how to tackle this will be a huge step forward!
              Thats right, every year the team with the best defence makes the 8, they dont necessarily win the comp but they always make the 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
                I've been told that Trent robbinson might possibly be the smartest coach in the nrl. Trent has completed multiple sports science degrees, was a fitness instructor while completing the degrees, mother was born deaf so communicates with her sign language, fluent in French, brother a doctor. Most of this stuff is irrelevant but shows the pedigree of the individual. A few of the player including Pearce recommended Robbinson. Has the intellect to match Smith but a better communicator. Not sure how he will end up but the background is solid.
                That's excellent, maybe he can teach Pearce to speak English in a concise way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                  That's excellent, maybe he can teach Pearce to speak English in a concise way.
                  I wonder if Stephen Hawkins is available. He's very intelligent, so i hear.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                    I wonder if Stephen Hawkins is available. He's very intelligent, so i hear.
                    Well I suppose we could get him...if Stephen Hawking is unavailable.

Comment

Well I suppose we could get him...if Stephen Hawking is unavailable.
                      So, which one is Jenns dad?

Comment

The thing with Melbourne (the storm I mean) is that very few people know who the hell they are down there. There is very little in the way of nightlife and all the players do is play football, discuss football, train and go home.

Conversely, in the Eastern Suburbs, you're more likely to find a player from the Roosters in the middle of the paper, going out with the latest floozy or getting married to much, much, much older women rather than worrying about how to win their next game.

I didn't start watching Rugby League to see a player with his tackle hanging out in a calendar, wearing a pink suit or who to find out who he's catching an S.T.I. from.

If everybody's mate Trent Robinson wants to bring the Catalan's lifestyle with him, he can bloody stay there.

I wanted a coach that the players would say "Oh shit, he's coaching us next year, he'll run us ragged" not "Yay, Trent Robinson is coming back, party down!"

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          The thing with Melbourne (the storm I mean) is that very few people know who the hell they are down there. There is very little in the way of nightlife and all the players do is play football, discuss football, train and go home.

Conversely, in the Eastern Suburbs, you're more likely to find a player from the Roosters in the middle of the paper, going out with the latest floozy or getting married to much, much, much older women rather than worrying about how to win their next game.

I didn't start watching Rugby League to see a player with his tackle hanging out in a calendar, wearing a pink suit or who to find out who he's catching a S.T.I. from.
                          Bwwhahhhaaaaa...mate Melbourne has the best nightlife in Australia...just nothing to do during the day.

Comment

Bwwhahhhaaaaa...mate Melbourne has the best nightlife in Australia...just nothing to do during the day.
                            I've lived there, it's a shithole. Compare John Ibrahim's joint to Mick Gatto's.

I'd rather be the Storm than the Roosters, if I wasn't a lifelong fan.

And sadly, Stephen, Jennifer Hawkin's mental capacity does not come from the brilliant, and English, Stephen Hawking.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              I've lived there, it's a shithole. Compare John Ibrahim's joint to Mick Gatto's.

I'd rather be the Storm than the Roosters, if I wasn't a lifelong fan.

And sadly, Stephen, Jennifer Hawkin's mental capacity does not come from the brilliant, and English, Stephen Hawking.
                              That would be an advantage all things considered.

Comment

If Trent is smart he will be taking all the good things that the Storm and Manly have been doing over the years, along with what the bull$cum have been doing this year and implement as much as possible of that into our side.

With all this talk of Jennifer Hawkins its really hard.........to concentrate now!
                                The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X