Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! Melbourne is so well coached! Can Trent Robinson do the same for us???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
    If Trent is smart he will be taking all the good things that the Storm and Manly have been doing over the years, along with what the bull$cum have been doing this year and implement as much as possible of that into our side.

With all this talk of Jennifer Hawkins its really hard.........to concentrate now!
    For an oracle I thought you might have more insightful advice than "just copy what the good teams do".

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      For an oracle I thought you might have more insightful advice than "just copy what the good teams do".
      Ha ha touché Rooster_6! Of course you don't want to be just settling on copying everything that other sides do, but you would be a fool to not acknowledge the good things that the leading teams are doing and try to implement parts of that into our side. Ideally Trent will have his own thought out fresh ideas to try and revolutionize our side! We should always be striving to be the innovators, always being one step ahead of the rest, with the ideal situation being that every other side takes note of us and being envious of what we are doing and wanting to copy us!!
      The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        The thing with Melbourne (the storm I mean) is that very few people know who the hell they are down there. There is very little in the way of nightlife and all the players do is play football, discuss football, train and go home.

Conversely, in the Eastern Suburbs, you're more likely to find a player from the Roosters in the middle of the paper, going out with the latest floozy or getting married to much, much, much older women rather than worrying about how to win their next game.

I didn't start watching Rugby League to see a player with his tackle hanging out in a calendar, wearing a pink suit or who to find out who he's catching an S.T.I. from.

If everybody's mate Trent Robinson wants to bring the Catalan's lifestyle with him, he can bloody stay there.

I wanted a coach that the players would say "Oh shit, he's coaching us next year, he'll run us ragged" not "Yay, Trent Robinson is coming back, party down!"
        Mate I lived in Melbourne for three years. Their bars sh!t on ours.

If you are into the arts/music scene then Melbourne is the place to be.
        Last edited by Vasco; 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
          What posisition did he play? A mate said he was a prop forward is that right?
          Yes, Trent played up front for us and was captain of the lower grade team - Premier League from memory. He was a fearless runner of the ball and led by example. He ended up playing for Parra and possibly one other Sydney based club (Tigers?) before heading over to play league in France.

Comment

Thanks for the info.It will be intresting to see what our forward line up will be for next season.
            Originally posted by theGman View Post
            Yes, Trent played up front for us and was captain of the lower grade team - Premier League from memory. He was a fearless runner of the ball and led by example. He ended up playing for Parra and possibly one other Sydney based club (Tigers?) before heading over to play league in France.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              Mate I lived in Melbourne for three years. Their bars sh!t on ours.

If you are into the arts/music scene then Melbourne is the place to be.
              Totally agree, and their restaurants are awesome...and more value for money than ours, people dress better and seem to be a little friendlier...BUT Sydney is breathtakingly pretty and I would not want to live anywere else. If only you could take the good things about that joint and bring them here...well you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                Totally agree, and their restaurants are awesome...and more value for money than ours, people dress better and seem to be a little friendlier...BUT Sydney is breathtakingly pretty and I would not want to live anywere else. If only you could take the good things about that joint and bring them here...well you know the rest.
                Given the choice between Melbourne and New York, I'd wake up in the city that never sleeps rather than the city that never wakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                  Do a trade.
                  Melbourne can have Souffs (that will mean a 2 team comp down there & they never have to annoy us) & we can take their restaurants?

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                    Do a trade.
                    Melbourne can have Souffs (that will mean a 2 team comp down there & they never have to annoy us) & we can take their restaurants?
                    I don't think that they'll take them. The melbourne community have collingwood supporters who are worse than our vermin. I used to live in that god forsaken city of melbourne and let me tell you it is not pretty.
                    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                      I don't think that they'll take them. The melbourne community have collingwood supporters who are worse than our vermin. I used to live in that god forsaken city of melbourne and let me tell you it is not pretty.
                      I lived in the outer west for about 6 months & got to witness the toofless cousins of souffs. Agreed, not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                        I lived in the outer west for about 6 months & got to witness the toofless cousins of souffs. Agreed, not pretty.

Don't know but looking at the AFL games and their crowds, and also sometimes when I watch 'that' footy show with Sam Newman interviewing people on the streets, I see more toothless bogans following that game than here.

Comment

Working...
                        X