Matt Elliott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Elliott

Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find another thread about it. Matt Elliott was on the Roast yesterday, Webster, TK, Mad Dog & Gilbert hardly pressed him for anything at all, apart from asking him if he has a job next year, to which he said he has a year to run on his contract. Does anyone know what his role will be? Or what the coaching structure will be? Has JT accepted the assistant coaching role, is Fitzy keeping his position (btw has he been the defensive coach or another assistant coach with Elliott & Smith's son)??

The main reason I'm asking is that I think it will say alot about the amount of control that the Head Coach will have, if these decisions are being made without TR's input or will these decisions not be made until TR arrives, which could be as late as probably another 6 weeks or so away. How much of a team is TR & Smith's other son (the strength & conditioning coach for Catalans), surely Smith's other son (to be known as SOS from now on!) couldn't follow him to Easts & Easts keep the 2 Smith sons after dumping the Dad!?!?

TR has some very serious decisions to make, if he's allowed to make them, does he even know Fitzy, Elliott & Smith's son or JT for that matter? If he doesn't how would he know if he wants to keep Fitzy or any of them, I would hate Fitzy to get dumped from the club. My preference would be to make JT his assistant coach & have Fitzy as strength & conditioning with the support of the latest technology etc. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Elliott is a positive influence & I haven't heard anything about what Smith's son brings to the coaching team, apart from comments about his position being a bit of a joke, can anyone bring some insight into the coaching set up please, thanks.

I think Robinson's assistant will be 'tackling bags'!!

Comment

Rohan & Elliott should be paid out & moved on asap.

Comment

Oh fark no!!!!!

Seriously, can anyone tell me one good thing that this pr!ck has done for us this year.By his own words he was the defensive coach ffs

Just p!ss him off!!!!! I don't care if he next year coaches a team to a grandfinal win, I don't want him at our club.
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
          Rohan & Elliott should be paid out & moved on asap.
          Is this retard still here???????????
          Comment of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
            Is this retard still here???????????
            That's the word.

Comment

That's the word.
              In the words of a retarded tennis player I once watched: "You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
              Comment of the year:

Comment

Rohan surely must be moved on, he offers nothing! As far as I know JT will be assistant coach, which I imagine would then free up the 20's coaching spot. Imo Elliot should either take over the 20's coaching position or be shown the door.
                The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Surely they will be moved on.
                  Probably more to do with waiting for TR to get here & let him sort out who he needs.

I hope he gets to decide on what HE needs to do the best job.

Comment

Surely they will be moved on.
                    Probably more to do with waiting for TR to get here & let him sort out who he needs.

I hope he gets to decide on what HE needs to do the best job.
                    Surely he won't let uncle nick intervene, like smith did. Just look at what that got us this year, with the "untouchable Anasta Tribute Season, Part 7".
                    Comment of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                      Surely he won't let uncle nick intervene, like smith did. Just look at what that got us this year, with the "untouchable Anasta Tribute Season, Part 7".
                      And this is the reason that many have been calling for changes at the top of the tree.
                      I agree with them.

Comment

I was of the understanding that Elliott was our defensive coach.

Now looking at the way we defended from the time of State of Origin this year, you would have to think that the defensive coach would be the first sacked.

Quite simply, none of our outside backs can tackle.

Comment

Does anyone really think that a 35 yo rookie ARL coach will be able to stand up to Nick more than a veteran coach with over 600 games over 30 years in the NRL/ARL could ever do?? The biggest test our new coach has, is to establish his team in the coaching ranks & his team on the field, we will see how autonomous he will be when we see what Elliott's role is & if Mini is made captain or not. If Elliott & Mini are punted he will have made a good strong start to his tenure, if they are kept in their preferred roles then we will know that it is Nick's team, not Trent's!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
                            Does anyone really think that a 35 yo rookie ARL coach will be able to stand up to Nick more than a veteran coach with over 600 games over 30 years in the NRL/ARL could ever do?? The biggest test our new coach has, is to establish his team in the coaching ranks & his team on the field, we will see how autonomous he will be when we see what Elliott's role is & if Mini is made captain or not. If Elliott & Mini are punted he will have made a good strong start to his tenure, if they are kept in their preferred roles then we will know that it is Nick's team, not Trent's!
                            While ever the club chairman does private handshake deals with players the coach who ever it is has NO real say.

Put it this way if Trent said to Politis that he didn't feel that it was in the best interest of the team to sign SBW because he wanted to build a team where everyone is on similar money rather than 1 on 800k for 1 season while others were on 100k, Nick would say badluck or dont coach us.

Comment

Elliot wasn't a Politis signing so can't see why he would have an issue with him being demoted/paid out by Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                              X