Jeff "The Blind Man" Younis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff "The Blind Man" Younis

NRL touch judge Jeff Younis back in the public eye following another clanger

HE stuffed-up during the 2010 grand final and missed a blatant forward pass which could have cost Canberra dearly last Sunday.

Yet touch judge Jeff Younis hasn't been dropped - in fact he's been rewarded with another semi-final appearance.

Younis failed to pick-up the blatant forward pass at Canberra Stadium from Sharks centre Colin Best to Nathan Stapleton, who scored. The Raiders overcame the howler and still won.

Yesterday, the NRL released its touch judges for week two of the finals and there was Younis, assigned to the Manly-North Queensland game on Friday night.

Younis was the same sideline official who missed Dragons winger Brett Morris sliding his feet into touch during the 2010 grand final against the Sydney Roosters seen here in images supplied to us by Fox Sports.

Saints scored seconds later through centre Mark Gasnier.

Manly and Cowboys coaching staff must be praying Younis will avoid more blunders on Friday .

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226472125901

He needs a new guide dog....simple as that.

Comment

He's a game changer. The sort of player each team needs.
      Member 2008 - forever

Comment

I was at the 2010 grand final, sadly, and I was sitting at the direct opposite end to where Morris was pulled out.All I remember was every rooster fan next to me jumping up with their hands in the sky as to why that wasn't deemed to had been out of play.

That will go down in history as one of the worst calls for sure. Up there with "the hand of god" call for argentina.
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

He hasn't been dropped because he didn't make any mistakes. He was towing the company line

Comment

If you needed any further proof that the 2010 grandfinal was rigged then look at the touch judge, younis, looking directly at morris's boot.

125790-jeff-younis-bad-calls.jpg

You just knew that we weren't going to be allowed to win after that.

That was followed by 2 nightingale trys that came from forward passes, A Daniel Conn penalty for a air swing, and a dean young try where credit has to go to M.Aubs for catching the ball for dean Young.

Did I forget any dud calls?
            Last edited by davos; 09-12-2012, 10:20 AM.
            Comment of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
              He hasn't been dropped because he didn't make any mistakes. He was towing the company line
              what company line is that Danish? How does that correlate with allowing Ferguson's try later in the game when he was 2m offside?

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                what company line is that Danish? How does that correlate with allowing Ferguson's try later in the game when he was 2m offside?
                Ferguson was onside, that was just Gus with his usual bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
                  Fark I hate channel nine commentary especially since hadley joined the show. Fatty Vaughtin is even worse than gould. He is so bias with his commentary that its not even funny.
                  Comment of the year:

Comment

Nah he wasn't, he was at least a metre offside.

But that Nulla forward pass was an abominal decision, the idiot was right in line. He must be Bill's bitch?

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                      If you needed any further proof that the 2010 grandfinal was rigged then look at the touch judge, younis, looking directly at morris's boot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]870[/ATTACH]

You just knew that we weren't going to be allowed to win after that.

That was followed by 2 nightingale trys that came from forward passes, A Daniel Conn penalty for a air swing, and a dean young try where credit has to go to M.Aubs for catching the ball for dean Young.

Did I forget any dud calls?

Mini tackled without the ball.
                      "knock on"

Comment

I'm sorry, but since the 2010 GF and the Brett 'Stealth Feet' Morris incident, Jeff Younis is forever pronounced as Jeff Useless

Comment

You mustn't have seen it. If you did, your eyesight is as bad as Jeff's because Ferguson was clearly in front of the kicker

Comment

I disagree, Ferguson was certainly offside. How it wasn't sent the the video ref to check is beyond me!

Comment

Someone put up a video let me see it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X